Which Clan Would You Prefer To Be Your Ruler?

122 replies to this topic

#61 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostDerangedShadow, on 17 February 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

I can't find the BattleBlog/BattleChat that they posted that little tidbit. If you google "ilClan Sourcebook" you will find pages of documents from various forums and the battletech forums. The best info we have that the ilClan Sourcebook IS coming is the confirmation from one of the writers on the book. GhostBear

Ill have a look, thanks.

#62 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

I like the sound of this "Clan Davion" the Dracs are always going on about. Maybe a bit Gary Stu but they seem pretty cool to me.

Also sexy.

#63 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

I'd prefer not to be ruled by people who made using contractions in speech or writing punishable by execution.

#64 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

The use of contractions in Clan society is frowned upon, but not even CSJ from the lore would be as fanatic to execute people for it. There's just more of a social stigma, similar to real world examples of overt racism, vulgar speech, or outright and obvious lying.

The Clans don't have enough resource to support a large scale penal system, so common crimes are mostly dealt with by way of public service, public humiliation, short term imprisonment, public flogging and/or reduction of grade (a kind of "rank" among the civilian population), depending on the severity. There is an orbiting prison ship (the Prinz Eugen), reserved for the rare civilian criminal the Clans are unable to execute or punish by other means, for whatever reason.

#65 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:57 AM

At the end of the day there is only one clan: Clan Mulch. It will unite the Inner Sphere with the promise of healthy lawns and unite us in our lawn maintenance.

The first stage is complete: Clan Mulch sold as a lawn care product to create name recognition and widespread acceptance... it's insidious. It is considered the best lawn fertilizer in all the Inner Sphere with new shipments coming in all the time. Wish we didn't have to grind it up ourselves but the lawn looks so good I guess it's worth the effort.

Clan Mulch®: When no other fertilizer will do! (patent pending)

Edited by Divine Retribution, 18 February 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#66 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

Clan Tyrian Eagle, where we frown upon eugenics and you're free to make babies with anyone you like! Now with no castes and bonus non-fascist democratic leadership!

#67 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:47 AM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 17 February 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'd prefer not to be ruled by people who made using contractions in speech or writing punishable by execution.

How about you ask a Clansman for information before making wild statements?

Posted Image

Please show me where on this list you see that using contractions is a crime..............

#68 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:02 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 18 February 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

How about you ask a Clansman for information before making wild statements?

Posted Image

Please show me where on this list you see that using contractions is a crime..............

Well since contractions are taken as offensive by then clanners, you could put it under as slander. This way it is just preventing people of rank from using improper speech. But it is kinda a stretch.

#69 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 18 February 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

Well since contractions are taken as offensive by then clanners, you could put it under as slander. This way it is just preventing people of rank from using improper speech. But it is kinda a stretch.

slander doesn't mean 'offending people' it means telling lies about people in order to harm their reputations.

#70 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

Clan Doom Munchkin.

#71 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:50 AM

Clan Wolf. What else? :P

#72 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:35 AM

I go with clan ghost bear.

They are quite an awesome and unique clan. It kind of sadden me the closest clan to ghost bear is snow raven... Meanwhile most other clans are quite similar to others...

#73 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

all of you stop, there is only one house that will rule.HOUSE MARIK. NOW GO AND SIT IN YOUR CORNER. AND CRY. THERES NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

#74 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostSudden, on 18 February 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

all of you stop, there is only one house that will rule.HOUSE MARIK. NOW GO AND SIT IN YOUR CORNER. AND CRY. THERES NOTHING THAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT

We aren't talking about House, freebirth.
We are talking about CLANS.

Return to your Marik World, the Operation Revival will soon reach you and you will have a new... House... Or should I say Clan. :P

#75 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

Those stoner Nova Cats !

#76 AmunRamen

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 18 February 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

At the end of the day there is only one clan: Clan Mulch. It will unite the Inner Sphere with the promise of healthy lawns and unite us in our lawn maintenance.

The first stage is complete: Clan Mulch sold as a lawn care product to create name recognition and widespread acceptance... it's insidious. It is considered the best lawn fertilizer in all the Inner Sphere with new shipments coming in all the time. Wish we didn't have to grind it up ourselves but the lawn looks so good I guess it's worth the effort.

Clan Mulch®: When no other fertilizer will do! (patent pending)

This I can get behind. Truly, no other Clan deserves to be ilClan more than Clan Mulch - for it is the lawns of our worlds that provide us common ground.

#77 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

View PostSudden, on 18 February 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Funny you say this after what happened last night

#78 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostSuomiWarder, on 18 February 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Those stoner Nova Cats !

Oh they dead...well the clan is dead but they live on in spirit with the Spirit Cats

#79 War Steiner

• PipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTerceira, Azores, Portugal

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:21 AM

I would just like to point out that even though Comstar (PGI) gave House Davion a 2 month head start, only House Marik has approached Terra. You dirty Clanners are welcome to whip the Dracs, Swiners, and Fraggle Rockers all the way to Terra but when you get here, expect it to be Purple and named EARTH.

And to you backstabbing Dracs: We sent you mercs and began a process to assist you your clan infestation, but you couldn't control your pugs and thugs (wow, just like Lore - go figure). I hope you enjoy cleaning Smoke Jag latrines and massaging sweaty Elementals while your daughters are geishas to the lower castes. Surrender to you betters now, or suffer a millennium of servitude in the very near future.

#80 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostWar Steiner, on 19 February 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

I would just like to point out that even though Comstar (PGI) gave House Davion a 2 month head start, only House Marik has approached Terra. You dirty Clanners are welcome to whip the Dracs, Swiners, and Fraggle Rockers all the way to Terra but when you get here, expect it to be Purple and named EARTH.

And to you backstabbing Dracs: We sent you mercs and began a process to assist you your clan infestation, but you couldn't control your pugs and thugs (wow, just like Lore - go figure). I hope you enjoy cleaning Smoke Jag latrines and massaging sweaty Elementals while your daughters are geishas to the lower castes. Surrender to you betters now, or suffer a millennium of servitude in the very near future.

hahaha you got murked trying a sneak attack and if the clans come you will die instantly because Marik is weak and soft.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users