#41 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 February 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

1. I use to spar with the Goons, I miss the Goons. NKVA are no Goons. Just wannabe

I was informed by PGI that WoL is now under House Kurita as of today. Go have your fun ? :blink:

Edited by ShinVector, 20 February 2015 - 10:48 AM.

#42 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

1. I use to spar with the Goons, I miss the Goons. NKVA are no Goons. Just wannabe

Jesus christ lmao

#43 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

As an ex-Kurita watching from the sides I say:

Well done honorable Kurita Warriors! If the Coordinator got tired of the Marik diplomacy, making promises while taking our Worlds, it was your duty and your honor to retake those. It is good you told them in advance, but those were your worlds and you didnt need permission.

Surely HK would have been the laughing stock if just ith pretty words they let the Marik take two dozen worlds and hold them.

To the warriors of House Marik: If you are bored and want something to shoot at, there is an easier way for you: Go play some other house! Nothing binds you to Marik and you all knew where in the IS it was located, so noone to blame here but your own choices.

#44 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 February 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

And that is Kurita Diplomacy at it's finest.

"We told you, we didn't have to ask for permission."

That goes both ways, We asked you to expand the wormhole. We didn't have to.

Really? Marik didn't have to ask? I'm not sure you understand how good relationships work.

#45 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

But a PM must have been sent out, because look at all the Kuritas in the thread.

The servers are down, and the NA guys are at work.

Duh.

#46 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostShinVector, on 20 February 2015 - 10:48 AM, said:

I was informed by PGI that WoL is now under House Kurita as of today. Go have your fun ? :blink:

Yea I was in a drop last night and laughed when I saw a WoL player with Dragon icon.

#47 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

And that is Kurita Diplomacy at it's finest.

"We told you, we didn't have to ask for permission."

That goes both ways, We asked you to expand the wormhole. We didn't have to. We respected your low population and disorganization and tried to make it amiable to both of us. But y'all get a couple units under your belt and some victories from beating up on Davion and any humility you had was lost. Then you start "telling" people how it's going to be.

So in turn, after giving back most of the planets to you, we kind of decided, "You know what? **** those guys, they're acting like {Richard Cameron}"

And here we are.

You want to get people on your side, maybe you shouldn't "Tell" them how it's going to be. Just sayin'

Still don't understand why we had to ask.. If you guys had a problem with us taking our planets back, as far as I know that wasn't communicated with us (I'm not a diplo though), but it makes perfect sense to me that as our planets that we gave to you (and actually helped you take quickly may I remind you), it was our right to take them back.

#48 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

But a PM must have been sent out, because look at all the Kuritas in the thread.

How about you read my posts- I did pm you guys as a heads up. And NS/NKVA let Grizzly and his guys know the same day as I sent the PMs. Grizzly and his drop crew then helped out that night to quick-conquer a planet.

#49 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 February 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Pretty sure we told you we were taking them back, but its not like we had to ask you permission.

View PostProphetic, on 20 February 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Really? Marik didn't have to ask? I'm not sure you understand how good relationships work.

You guys really need to square your rhetoric.

Edited by Roadbeer, 20 February 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#50 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 20 February 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

said every war criminal ever, and also Roadbeer.

And this is why you keep sinking yourself. You so casually toss around insults, and then expect no reprocusion? You think it's funny to make other people feel "bad" or to try and run their names into the ground? It's not funny. Never was.

As far as this whole mess... I'd like to remind House Kurita that we were working on connecting Marik proper to the Island. Once connected, the attack path "should" have shifted from going south (trying to connect with main land) to north (along a path to Luthian) and straight into the path of Clan Smock Jaguar.

We worked hard on our end to connect the two to make this happen. Now that we were one planet away, ONE PLANET, you all close it down permanently. All that work, and it's a wasted effort now. All because MS did some attacks that we didn't give approval of.

As I stated before, by closing the wormhole down, you have let MS win. They have successfully create not only division between two allied houses, but also caused Marik's best chance to hit the clans to be shut down now. Instead of getting another IS front up to the Clans, we now retain the same three houses.

The hasty decision to close the wormhole down means that it will now never come back. It's gone for good. I do hope you considered these actions very well, because now it's permanent.

Sadly, from the behaviors directed at me personally, I don't mind if Marik goes to war with Kurita, and may we blaze a trail through Kurita and right to the clan fonts as we first intended. (Davion/Steiner, if you read this, hope you don't mind us trying to get there...) I feel that the war would be completely justified. I've had enough insults.

Maybe if an actual apology was sent out... And BY the offending persons (and not just a blanket version)...

View Postpbiggz, on 20 February 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

You understand that NKVA parodies roleplayers right? Thats their entire joke, they pretend to be honorabru samurai, and simultaneously highlight how stupid roleplayers look.

As someone who has been in many online (and real life) role playing games, I find their behavior personally insulting to the whole RP community. I'd like to also mention, their "Go Home Merc Pig" was derived from a RACIST youtube video... The base of their entire "persona" is racist from what I've seen so far.

They are, at their core, a racist group within your midst. And people seem to want to just let them go on with it. Many merc groups that came to help Kurita left as soon as they could in part because of that one unit. Their behavior on these forums (and in game, as they actually stood around as a 4 man group and refused to help an 8 man Steiner team in a Public game) is nothing but drivel.

You want to help patch things up between Kurita and Marik? Then having (some of) your members stop agitating the situation with their "RP" posts, which we are finding insulting. It's disrupting the situation and is hindering the solution.

#51 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

2. Reached out to us? Citation Needed

HK ambassadors have talked to multiple people from House Marik regarding the wormhole closure. Closing the wormhole was never a negotiation as you would like it to be, we were informing you of the events about to happen. If a landlord asks you to move out, you don't try to negotiate you just GTFO. It's not like we didn't give you ample notice.

Roadbeer doesn't seem to understand that when you want to borrow something you ask for permission, when you ask for something to be returned you don't need permission to get it back, especially if the borrower refuses to return the originally borrowed item.

Edited by pwnface, 20 February 2015 - 11:07 AM.

#52 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 20 February 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

You guys really need to square your rhetoric.

Come on, I'm assuming you are smart enough to see the difference here.

If you had not asked us to let you expand the worm hole, we would have defended, and ultimately shut down the experiment right then and there, and then continued with our other borders. Instead you did ask us, and we thought it sounded like a cool idea.

Now it didn't work, and it has shown to be a risk to House Kurita, as there is no way to control who joins Marik and starts taking our planets. Therefore, we expect you to understand this, and let us take OUR planets back. We informed you that is what we were doing. There were no real objections (as far as I know), we would just close the wormhole, not worry about rogue mercs attacking us there, and move on. Instead, for some reason Marik took this as some sort of insult? Sorry, the experiment failed, and if you expect us to leave a large RISK to us intact just because you want us to, it doesn't sound like you were being a very good ally.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 20 February 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#53 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostTesunie, on 20 February 2015 - 11:00 AM, said:

You want to help patch things up between Kurita and Marik? Then having (some of) your members stop agitating the situation with their "RP" posts, which we are finding insulting. It's disrupting the situation and is hindering the solution.

We will not censor House Kurita pilots from saying what they want to unless it is disrupting an official DCMS announcement. If you don't like their attitude, too bad. If you want to base your politics on people trolling on the forums and not how the actual faction operates, that is completely your prerogative.

#54 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

And people seem to want to just let them go on with it. Many merc groups that came to help Kurita left as soon as they could in part because of that one unit.

Luckily, we replaced you with competent mercenary groups who aren't extremely self righteous, preachy babies, and also are good at the game. Shoutout to all the cool mercs who don't let a little forum war get in the way of shooting whiny nerds in the face with giant robots and then letting them know that they got owned.

#55 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

you realize every time you make a lecture about how angry and sore you are about being called a merc pig you're just winding yourself up with a full head of steam, right? just drop it, unless you want to continue to look like a weepy crybaby who refuses to stop stamping their feet until they get their way

#56 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:26 AM

View Postpwnface, on 20 February 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

We will not censor House Kurita pilots from saying what they want to unless it is disrupting an official DCMS announcement. If you don't like their attitude, too bad. If you want to base your politics on people trolling on the forums and not how the actual faction operates, that is completely your prerogative.

And yet you LIKE their posts.

Yup. You aren't supporting their antics at all. Oh wait...

Thanks for proving my point, Ambassador. Thus, why their words are taken with some weight. You disprove of their words being taken so serous? I'd suggest you at least not like their posts as a start. Then, you should inform people that they aren't speaking for the DC. But, as soon as you LIKE their posts, you grant them power. That signifies that you AGREE with their statement. Thus, you give it the weight to MAKE it relevant and meaningful.

I'm not saying you have to tell them what to do or not do. Let them post. However, you don't have to back them up as they continue to stir things up. You shouldn't excuse their behavior either. Want this resolved peacefully? Stop backing them up... It'd be a start. (Seen as they appear to be at the heart of this whole problem, creating a larger gulf between our houses that MS started.)

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 20 February 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

you realize every time you make a lecture about how angry and sore you are about being called a merc pig you're just winding yourself up with a full head of steam, right? just drop it, unless you want to continue to look like a weepy crybaby who refuses to stop stamping their feet until they get their way

For the record. You need new material.

I merely mention it because why my unit (and others) left Kurita seems to keep coming up. Thus, it needs to be rementioned to explain some of the reason why we left. The Seraphim wasn't the only Marik Merc unit that left because of this behavior. Maybe it was just bad timing. Maybe we took it the wrong way. Doesn't matter. It has already influenced our image of you, and you should know what they say about "first appearances". Your unit has left a very very poor first image of Kurita.

#57 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostTesunie, on 20 February 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

And yet you LIKE their posts.

It's almost like our posts are funny and cool and handsome and your posts are preachy and whiny and for babbies.
Who could resist our incredible wit and charm, in addition to our great skill and battlefield prowess?
[redacted]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 20 February 2015 - 04:37 PM.
Language/religion

#58 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostTesunie, on 20 February 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

For the record. You need new material.

I merely mention it because why my unit (and others) left Kurita seems to keep coming up. Thus, it needs to be rementioned to explain some of the reason why we left. The Seraphim wasn't the only Marik Merc unit that left because of this behavior. Maybe it was just bad timing. Maybe we took it the wrong way. Doesn't matter. It has already influenced our image of you, and you should know what they say about "first appearances". Your unit has left a very very poor first image of Kurita.

you're insane if you think i'm trying to actually troll you instead of give you advice. as long as you let people get you fired up and mad with really flimsy and quick comments then you're not going to have a good time. i guess if you want to think this is an insult then sure go ahead dude

what is it that old book says about turning the other cheek?

#59 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

Members of command on both sides have told everyone to stop trolling each other in this thread. And the trolling continues. Politics, RP posts and whatever else aside, people should have left this thread alone as told by your officers.

#60 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 20 February 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Members of command on both sides have told everyone to stop trolling each other in this thread. And the trolling continues. Politics, RP posts and whatever else aside, people should have left this thread alone as told by your officers.

No, we weren't, and also you're not even my real dad.

Mom just married you for your money anyway, etc.

(I think it was made pretty clear that any actual conversation is gonna happen in other channels than the open melee of the forums everyone can post in)

Edited by hopterque, 20 February 2015 - 11:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users