#81 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostStingr4y, on 20 February 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Please remember Ikka's OP. New times ahead. This is about water under the bridge. People said their peace, but it seems like the last two pages are points and debates I have read about several times before.

Roadbeer agreed that he is game to keep it toned down, but you have to admit, there is still a lot of egging on, and both Ikka and I are wanting to see all this behind us.

Negative posts after this...........well, I guess it will just be inevitable. People need the last words. I have done what I can, and some of you may know I will NOT stop at cooling everybody down.

This is beta, everybody. All the talk about planets gained and lost......it will all go away with a map reset. Guess where all that talk will go?

Data can be reset easily, but relationships take a while to restart.

Very true. In fact, Russ said that there may be multiple resets in the latest town hall. Quit with the troll posts and flaming in a thread that was designed for a calming of attitudes. Good RP is fun for all l, but not when it veers into personal attacks and ruins relationships. I view this beta as training, both for Mech battles and diplo stuff.

View PostStingr4y, on 20 February 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Please remember Ikka's OP. New times ahead. This is about water under the bridge. People said their peace, but it seems like the last two pages are points and debates I have read about several times before.

Roadbeer agreed that he is game to keep it toned down, but you have to admit, there is still a lot of egging on, and both Ikka and I are wanting to see all this behind us.

Negative posts after this...........well, I guess it will just be inevitable. People need the last words. I have done what I can, and some of you may know I will NOT stop at cooling everybody down.

This is beta, everybody. All the talk about planets gained and lost......it will all go away with a map reset. Guess where all that talk will go?

Data can be reset easily, but relationships take a while to restart.

Very true. In fact, Russ said that there may be multiple resets in the latest town hall. Quit with the troll posts and flaming in a thread that was designed for a calming of attitudes. Good RP is fun for all l, but not when it veers into personal attacks and ruins relationships. I view this beta as training, both for Mech battles and diplo stuff.

#82 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 20 February 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Very true.

So important... it required DOUBLE POSTS!

Bit of joking aside... I agree.

#83 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Ikka, the call to look ahead is appreciated. There's already been some limited dialogue going, both laying out why things started to get a little heated before the whole wormhole thing took off, and to what extent a lot of that might have been simple misunderstanding (listening to your guys, I feel as though a lot of wrong impressions have been forged for far too long a time), and, before forum warriors started derailing things a bit, even the beginnings of some discussion on how we might start moving foward.

I've been having a good conversation in PM with one of your guys over the situation, and look forward to seeing what we might accomplish together. From the limited discussion I've had with some of NS, it sounds like we strongly share goals.

Edited by Catamount, 20 February 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#84 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostTesunie, on 20 February 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

And yet you LIKE their posts.

I also like monkeys at the zoo. Does that mean I also endorse them throwing warm fecal matter at passers by?

#85 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostProphetic, on 20 February 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

I also like monkeys at the zoo.
Only smart thing you red devils have said in the last two days.

#86 Stealthsfury

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 20 February 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Only smart thing you red devils have said in the last two days.

So Marik agrees we are smart!

#87 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

Purple man is stronk.

Posted Image

Red man is also stronk.

Put two stronk men who even lift together, competition for "I am MOST SWELL" with plentiful trash-talk is normal.

Posted Image

Lifting bros can get a little heated if someone flexes the wrong way.

Posted Image

It's time to chill.

Edited by wanderer, 20 February 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#88 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

Thanks for making it weird

#89 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostTesunie, on 20 February 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

I respect those who treat me and others with respect. I don't mind fun posts either. However, there is a limit to when "fun posts" are no longer fun and are just plain insulting. NKVA so far has pressed themselves nicely into the latter statement. Their "fun posts" are not fun. They aren't even funny. They have been nothing but hostile and offensive.

I think they are both hilarious and spot on.

Always remember, in the words of Dear Coordinator -

"Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death."""

/bows to Dear Coordinator while farting in general direction of fanatic

#90 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

View Postwanderer, on 20 February 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

The rest of this fails the second you realize that although Marik can't take worlds from the Clans, they can stop them cold simply by queuing up at the FRR (or Kurita, even now) border and shooting Clanners in the face until the cows come home.

Fun experiment though it was, the Marik Island wasn't needed and ended up a liability. Kurita has two significant enemies, the Clans and Davion. Only one can be reliably removed in short order.

And again, kicking Davion in the teeth while talking about "Soft ceasefires" is silly as well, especially as they're gnawing on Steiner for good measure.

Remove the Federated Suns from any level of power in the Inner Sphere. Marik can have one side, Kurita the other, and the Confederation will be happy to remain the good fence that makes good neighbors while we all kick the vatborn freaks into the outer darkness from whence they came.

Both of you want dead Clanners, both of you should realize that Davion is only an impediment to your ultimate goals and the discord sowed between you comes straight from those that fear that ascendancy. The FRR (and of course, Liao) is friendly to you both, Steiner is too weak to resist your might (they can't even resist Davion), Davion can be crushed as well, and then?

The Clans will be scoured from the Inner Sphere. The remaining states will prosper, we will chase the chemical waste of Kerensky to where-ever they come from and tear their technological treasures from their cold, dead, manufactured hands. A golden age for the enlightened states of the Inner Sphere, a final condemnation to the forces of sloth, chaos, and meaningless war.

Or, we can continue to cry as the rabble-rousers in your ranks delight in seeing the juggernaut of destiny, instead turned in circles and confusion to crush itself.

Which will it be? Three great armies turned towards victory, or two arguing and sniping with one another while the third watches them waste themselves in vain?

Tusen ganger DETTE!

A thousand times THIS!

#91 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for making it weird

If I don't occasionally make it weird, people think I'm way too super serious.

Can't have that in a giant robot fighting game.

#92 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

The ideal solution is moving whole units to the FRR/Steiner border. The problem there is leaving your home border vulnerable. Dropping in defense on the clan border can seem a lot like pouring a cup of water in the brown sea. To make that work requires a huge troop investment that has rarely been effectively coordinated with house units going on offense.

Liao still consistently ghost drops the Davion border or runs 12mans against the pugs who show up there. I get the sentiment but the last effort to really make this work fell apart for a reason. Now that Kurita is looking at fighting on 4 borders suddenly they have a change of heart. Historically this lasts until they start losing a lot and another border looks vulnerable.

Sometimes when you want a job done you need to do it yourself.

#93 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 February 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

The ideal solution is moving whole units to the FRR/Steiner border. The problem there is leaving your home border vulnerable. Dropping in defense on the clan border can seem a lot like pouring a cup of water in the brown sea. To make that work requires a huge troop investment that has rarely been effectively coordinated with house units going on offense.

Liao still consistently ghost drops the Davion border or runs 12mans against the pugs who show up there. I get the sentiment but the last effort to really make this work fell apart for a reason. Now that Kurita is looking at fighting on 4 borders suddenly they have a change of heart. Historically this lasts until they start losing a lot and another border looks vulnerable.

Sometimes when you want a job done you need to do it yourself.

You do realize that Marik doesn't share a border with us right? I get that Davion is starting to get more people but you guys are still have a long way to go to catch up to us.

You can frame things however you want, if you don't want peace we will not give you any.

#94 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

View Posthopterque, on 20 February 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

I was gonna post "if you want some, come get some" but then I remembered you already got some, by which I mean your entire faction got farmed for like an entire 24 hour cycle of cease fires until we closed the wormhole and you were literally unable to do a damn thing about it.

Lord Ikka is reaching out, assuming that after y'all got trounced that you might be ready to kiss and make up, but we'll see I guess? I personally would look forward to hanging out with cool Marik dudes like Grizzly's group again, although Stingray needs to get a better mic, lmao.

I seem to remember farming kuritans until 3am my time... get better asianz.

#95 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 February 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

I had proposed Operation Hawk and Dragon to my unit before we moved to DC, where we would defend and they would attack. Instead, it was agreed that it would be better if we attacked completely instead of just sitting on defending and hoping Kurita attacked for your same above stated reasons.

To be honest, I'm glad we didn't follow through with my proposal. If we had, we would have been trying to defend Kurita from the Clans as they just kept attacking Davion instead. Would have been a lost effort.

View Postpwnface, on 20 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

You do realize that Marik doesn't share a border with us right? I get that Davion is starting to get more people but you guys are still have a long way to go to catch up to us.

If Marik really wanted a War with Kurita, it is possible. As we have already done, we could shift units from Marik to a bordering faction of yours and attack in their name. Not saying we will, just saying it's possible. (And I do recall Davion's not being so happy with you. Steiner could also be another attack front, but they seemed to not be attacking you as far as I've noticed...)

I'd rather avoid the War, but so far Kurita seems unable to understand why we Marik's are so "sore", and here is a hint, it isn't from "losing". (Some reasons have already been stated above.)

#96 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostTesunie, on 20 February 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

I had proposed Operation Hawk and Dragon to my unit before we moved to DC, where we would defend and they would attack. Instead, it was agreed that it would be better if we attacked completely instead of just sitting on defending and hoping Kurita attacked for your same above stated reasons.

To be honest, I'm glad we didn't follow through with my proposal. If we had, we would have been trying to defend Kurita from the Clans as they just kept attacking Davion instead. Would have been a lost effort.

If Marik really wanted a War with Kurita, it is possible. As we have already done, we could shift units from Marik to a bordering faction of yours and attack in their name. Not saying we will, just saying it's possible. (And I do recall Davion's not being so happy with you. Steiner could also be another attack front, but they seemed to not be attacking you as far as I've noticed...)

I'd rather avoid the War, but so far Kurita seems unable to understand why we Marik's are so "sore", and here is a hint, it isn't from "losing". (Some reasons have already been stated above.)

Just tell Alex to bring the regiment home, we are a few worlds from opening that front.

#97 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

Hmm. Mostly Marik troll posts starting at page 5.

Nothing to see here, move along.

#98 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PostProphetic, on 20 February 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Hmm. Mostly Marik troll posts starting at page 5.

Nothing to see here, move along.

That would make a 4 to 1 page ratio.

Guess we need to catch up.

#99 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

View Postpwnface, on 20 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

You can frame things however you want, if you don't want peace we will not give you any.

Journey of a thousand miles and all that.

You want peace send someone to Davion TS. I've made that invitation in public and privately many, many times. Forum diplomacy is like forum warfare. Doesn't flip a lot of worlds. Entertaining but not productive.

#100 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:10 AM

Choked Data is Best Data

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users