Adder Event 80 Points

109 replies to this topic

#81 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

Am I right in assuming that one cant score multiple points per match?
Like 4 kills 4 assist yielding 4 points? Would make it much easier ;).

Still, the lack of need to win and/or survive the game is a huge improvement over the Raven challenge. Thanks for that.

#82 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

1 kill 1 assist and thats all!? this mite not b a weekend of hell

#83 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 26 February 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Another event i wont bother with....

Too much time needed to achieve them i have a life during the weekend unfortunately because the old ball and chain wont have it any other way...I will get the Prem Time and then stop caring.

Also, the Adder is not worth it. Terribad chassis, terribad efficiency on the stock loadouts due to GH.

I would not bother....I can see a lot of people working hard for this over the weekend to then sell these adders come Monday or Tuesday. No XL engine to steal from this one which makes the challenge that much more useless to those of us that have the badder.

Thanks for the effort PGI

Honestly, I won't have the time either ... lots of real life commitments ... and this challenge will require at least 50 matches but more likely 70 to 80 since I (at least) don't get a kill every match.

However, I don't begrudge those who do have the time and opportunity to play, nor do I blame PGI for this type of contest ... it just rewards those who have lots of time to play. I would be interested to see what they could come up as a contest for the more casual player but as far as these things go I can only say keep up the good work :)

#84 Tenka

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:00 PM

10/20/30/40 points for ... UAV/Coolshot/Airstrike ... really?! are they at least the MC ones? omg even if they are its stupid.

This is the biggest punt of a challenge I've played so far..

Take the color, put it at 40 points. Change adder to .. ANYTHING else..

I suppose I can be happy with the 3 days premium time at least ... yay a 3 point challenge for me..

#85 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:07 PM

I foresee lots of berzerkers killing and/or dying fast.

#86 Necromonger Commander

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

Damn they are just giving these mechs away. I will probably get 2 extra on alt accounts...

#87 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 26 February 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

It's not the money for me, it's those damn "Red X's" in the challenges page. They taunt me anytime I miss an event.

You're doing it wrong though. It's much easier to compulsively collect the red Xs and get annoyed if you accidentally complete a challenge. :)

#88 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:22 PM

i wouldn't call it giving them away. the number of hours required to rack in that large number of points to win all the rewards is not worth the cost of the rewards if you were to pay for them with cash. i figure its less than minimum wage. spend your saturday doing odd jobs or stand out on the freeway with a sign that says will work for mc and you could have it in one day instead of 3.

i sure as hell am gonna play, though i might make the point not to look at the scoreboard at all. im not sure how long because last weekend i was in so much physical pain from all the repetitive movements. with last week's premium time i was able to make more than enough cbills to buy a dire whale out right. so if you want the adder it might just be more feasable to buy it. its only like 7million cbills each.

#89 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 26 February 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

You're doing it wrong though. It's much easier to compulsively collect the red Xs and get annoyed if you accidentally complete a challenge. :)

Too late, I'm too committed to the Green Ticks, I only have two red crosses from back when I had a potato computer, I can't stop now. Ever onward!

#90 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:16 PM

So.. lrm horror fest.. eh screw that i can just buy one with cb.

#91 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:00 PM

View PostCycKath, on 26 February 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Too late, I'm too committed to the Green Ticks, I only have two red crosses from back when I had a potato computer, I can't stop now. Ever onward!

Same here. The only ones I've missed were the first 4, due to not playing the game between October 2013 and Februaury, (stopped around August) the Steiner Mechbay challenge due to being at Lollapalooza, (I love my festivals) a couple of the lance challenges due to not caring about GXP, and the CW challenges because I wasn't crazy about early CW.

34/44 green checkboxes and rising.

#92 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

View Postbadaa, on 26 February 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

1 kill 1 assist and thats all!? this mite not b a weekend of hell

Until you realise you need people to play normal to not be in 0 - 12 hell.

#93 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 February 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

You know... PGI could have done the guys who preordered the Wave 1 Clan Mechs a favor and given them the MC equivalent of the stuff they already got in the camo. Of course... this assumes they get the camo reward tier.

They probably should do the same for the color... had you already purchased it and given you back its MC value of it (less MC would be returned if it was acquired on a sale).

These things are Lostech though.
These camo specs are unlocks for the chasis in this pack.
Additionally, the Clan schemes and colours only came with Wave 2, not wave 1, which came with 1 set of Invasion colours.

Duplicate Cockpit items are nice to have, but I agree - any permament unlock you already have, should come with something.

Either the MC value, or a free unlock of your choice. (i.e. - You already own the 12 colours, so you get to choose any 12 colours to unlock)

As it is, it does feel like I'm being penalised a little for buying both packages.
And with 12 premium colours, that's to the tune of 12,000MC, or $50usd less value I get for buying the multiple packages, whereas before I got rewarded for buying multiple top level packages with an extra US$180+ worth of bits.

#94 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:35 AM

These challenges are a perfect way of telling players how a game should be played. But if they play it wrong for a while, the playstyle is going to stick. In this challenge, it's suicide rushes. In the last challenge it was snipers and big salvo LRMs.

How about a challenge that requires you to score a few thousand points total in Match Score? As far as I know, that number is implemented to measure a player's performance in pugs as reliable as possible. It's usually a 2 digit number each match.

Edit: I'll play LESS mwo this weekend as a protest! This challenge is absurd.

Edited by Uthael, 27 February 2015 - 05:33 AM.

#95 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 26 February 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

I just play as usual and see if I can earn a few bobbles along the way. This way I am never disappointed.

#96 McMatt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

In previous challenge I've collected 26 points. Now, looking that statistic and calculating it to new rules, I would get 40 points. Better rules than previous week, but still a lot of hard work. But I won't happen like before - 3 kills, 7 assists an lost game ...

#97 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

Matchpoints are given for doing something in a match,
if you do better you get more,
if you play as a teamplayer you get even more.

But

They use again the selfish road, if you swipe a laser and do a kamikaze run, you get your gift faster ...

Why?

I wish they would give a point for each 60 matchpoints in a match,
this way there is no need for killingstealing
and if you are good, you can get 2 or maybe 3 points a match,

Edited by Galenit, 27 February 2015 - 03:27 AM.

#98 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

omg omg omg omg 50 points requirement....omgomgomgomg even 80 for everything omgomgomg

ppl really don´t want to work for anything these days..... like "i demand minimum work for maximum outcome" "if there´s a reward for something, just make sure it´s so damn easy to aquire that everone will get it"

seriously....the rewards aren´t that good anyway
so just play and grind your ass off to get it... or go "meh" on the whole event
can´t be that hard to understand :ph34r:

i just go for three days of premium time....np thx

Edited by Ens, 27 February 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#99 Uthael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostGalenit, on 27 February 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

Matchpoints are given for doing something in a match,
if you do better you get more,
if you play as a teamplayer you get even more.

But

They use again the selfish road, if you swipe a laser and do a kamikaze run, you get your gift faster ...

Why?

I wish they would give a point for each 60 matchpoints in a match,
this way there is no need for killingstealing
and if you are good, you can get 2 or maybe 3 points a match,

View PostUthael, on 27 February 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

These challenges are a perfect way of telling players how a game should be played. But if they play it wrong for a while, the playstyle is going to stick. In this challenge, it's suicide rushes. In the last challenge it was snipers and big salvo LRMs.

How about a challenge that requires you to score a few thousand points total in Match Score? As far as I know, that number is implemented to measure a player's performance in pugs as reliable as possible. It's usually a 2 digit number each match.

I was aiming to say "80 points per match for a point in challenge", since any less is achievable by just playing and anything more is just unreasonable for a big number of points. Not everyone can continuously reach a required number of points, even if it's just 60. Many regularly score about 35. That's why; make each count and require a few thousand. You'd solve the challenge either by playing a lot or by being a good asset to the team.

Edited by Uthael, 27 February 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#100 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostOvion, on 27 February 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

These camo specs are unlocks for the chasis in this pack.
Additionally, the Clan schemes and colours only came with Wave 2, not wave 1, which came with 1 set of Invasion colours.

I suggest you reread this old bit.

http://mwomercs.com/...ollections-faq/

From Clan Collections - Wave 1 FAQ said:

Social Rewards:
Q: Will the Polygon pattern and other Social Reward be available for all of my Mechs?
A: The Polygon pattern and other social rewards have been delivered to purchases up to June 17, 2014. Purchases and upgrades after that date do not include the social rewards and Polygon pattern. In the future, the Polygon pattern will also be available for purchase for other standard `Mechs, including InnerSphere `Mechs.

I remember this explicitly that the Polygon camo was available in the preorder stage of Wave 1, thus this statement.

The color has nothing to do with the pack AFAIK.. just the camo.

If you already preordered Wave 1 (up to the Adder level at least), you ALREADY have this camo. That's my point if that wasn't obvious.

Edited by Deathlike, 27 February 2015 - 06:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users