Most Wanted Features!

1522 replies to this topic

#621 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:05 PM

I'd really like to see a Firstperson Deathcam. In case off death just stay in firstperson view. It would add a lot atmosphere, i think.

#622 lagartx3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 143 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColombia

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostMW222, on 25 March 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

Ah it's already possible I have it set that way, if you can't use the scroll wheel when you have bound it to zoom in your settings it may be a mouse or PC issue. Scroll up/down controls my zoom and pressing it is weapons group 3.

Follow the normal procedure to bind a key in settings, double click the option the scroll up / down in the zoom up / down option boxes. Hope that helps.

I'll try it, but im guessing that advansed zoom still has to be a different key binding?? if so ill put it as the wheel push.

thank you so much :3

#623 Aeon Veritas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:10 AM

Most Wanted Features?

Kinda everything from Dimento Graven's list "Stupid "minor" Things That Should Have Been In The Game Long Ago"...

#624 Draglock

• PipPip
  • The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGeogia

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:19 PM

I want to see some of the losttech come in.
I.S. LBX 2, 5, and 20s
I.S. Utra 2,10, and 20s
I.S. ER small and med lasers
and some of I.S. new tech, "Omnimechs" like the Raptor and Light Engines.

#625 Tinywrath

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:43 PM

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but I think that the chat system could use a serious overhaul.

I spent most of my multiplayer time in World of Warcraft and they had a really good chat system.

Based on channel selection, you could switch between saying something out loud, chatting in guild (unit) chat, faction chat, or dungeon (match) chat.
Just by putting a /1 or /g in front of your statement you could interact with different groups of people.

I find that the most irritating part of the existing chat system is I can't talk to my friends if I'm in a match. World of Warships and World of Tanks uses the same type of chat system that MWO uses, and I find it just as difficult there as I do here.

So please, PGI, do something about the current chat system.

#626 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

The new scouting mode for FW, needs to give RP/LP for actually gathering intel when you are the attacker (scouting party). RP/LP are only given for combat, even when you are on the side that has no combat objectives. This inevitably leads to most of my lance mates every scout match tonight trying to go all Rambo even when our mission is to scout and get out.

#627 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Variable planet gravity and temperature, as per lore for that specific world.

Example, Tamar has very high gravity and mechs will move approximately 50% slower, jumping also being less effective. Al N'air is an asteroid and would have very low gravity, with mechs moving much faster and jumping higher.

Ryde is a very hot world and would affect heat gauges in all zones. Arcturus is a very cold world and would be similar to frozen city.

Edited by Emilio Lizardo, 26 April 2016 - 03:43 AM.

#628 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:49 AM

Huge ammounts of new :
- weaponry (new and bigger AC's, rockets and lasers, chain gun lasers, mortars/artillery - takes time to setup, immobilizes you)
- melee weaponry/melee fighting mechanic (now this is a big shot... but what the hell we all can dream and hope :P - gief atlas boxing gloves!)
- equipement (combi engines that are kind of like clan XL, you can get your torso shot off, weights more than regular xl but less than std, takes slots on side torsos, faster than std, slower than true XL's), augmented mechanics, reduced power down time equipement, auto-loaders placed next to weaponry to reduces uac jam chance, damage or range, engine item that increases torso twist speed, side boosters that can help you decrease speed quicker/turn left/right quicker, accelerate faster)
- consumables (maybe additional ammo packs carried around in consumables slot? AC users would definetly jump on that one)
- ammo types (which you can switch around in game, but should take some time before you are ready to fire again after change)
and semi omnipod mechanic for any non omni mechs so you can try different things with same mech (its like a car you, should be able to swap around any stuff, it just takes time, cash and effort).

Definetly would fool around with quirks to pods and/or buff/change up (drastically, with bigger numbers) existing ones.

Black Jack Arrow is a beautiful example of amazing quirk (+30 Rate of fire on machineguns?) which defines the mech.
I wish there were more mechs like this. For example Mauler with +50% reduced uac5 jam chance and 30% reduced cooldown, etc. Numbers are outlandish but they are meaningful, whilst quirks in general atm are just there... and in most cases your feeling about them is : whatever.

There are tons of modules that could help and customize and give players the ability to have actual unique builds.
You want to pew pew away here are modules that go beyond stupid cooldown/range tweak. And on lowered gxp and c-bills price (cut it like in half)
These are just but a few quick examples :
- Uac5 -20% jam chance decreasing module
- AC20 velocity buff (bullet flies faster)
- any range module should also have small increase in projectile speed (although dedicated projectile speed buffing module should do it 2x better than range+velocity speed)
- LBx10 -30% spread decreaser
- Heat decreasing modules for specific weapons,
- damage increasing ones,
- srm quick loaders - chance on shot to have either jam or instant cooldoowned srm weapon so you have a chance to double tap srms,
- srm becomes target pointer following semi guided missles have longer range but increases cooldown significantly
- module that increases your speed when changing ammo type in your weapon (like smoke rockets, blind/flash rockets, armor piercing bullets to your ac which would deal bonus dmg to armor but reduced dmg to structure and explosive ammo which works the other way around),
- module that would pump your engine speed like a secondary speed tweak,
- module that would increase your torso twisting speed so you won't have to get that huge engine to twist effectively
- additional armour module (for example additional 1 ton of CT armour - each additional ton slows your mech by x% should be exponentially increasing and really discouraging to put any additional armor, increases heat... whatever balances this out),
- module that switches clan ac/uac to be one bullet shooter
- is module that switches it to clan like 3 bullet shooting
- laser duration decreaser
- module based expansion to get additional hardpoint slot (e.g. module that gives you +1 ballistic hardpoint - ofc as long it is possible like atlas wont have 3 ballistic slots on right torso .. but if you have only one on your specific variant this module unlocks the other one bcs we know there is a variant that has 2 ballistic slots or like 4th missle slot for Atlas D-DC)

After we got those juicy new mods to toy with... each mech needs at least one more slot.
btw things like ecm/beagle/console command... should all take 1 slot and 0.5 ton i mean ffs you wanna tell me future computers are taking your whole goddamn room to fit in? gimme a break.

Being able to toy around with many different things would expand this game significantly IMO. And those aren't some radical changes. Would just need a very careful look and instantanous response with daily patching to remove OP'ed combination of module stacking. But keep in mind nerfing to the ground is always a bad choice. We want more toys to fool around with, bcs building a mech that suits your exact playstyle is a big chunk of the game. Playing its just an icing on a cake, an execution of cautious planning and building towards certain goals.

#629 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:47 AM

Take Domination and put it into Faction Play. With more then one 'life/spawn' you might actually capture instead of it being Death Match with only one place to go. To make this work give unlimited spawns, cycling through your drop deck. The only thing you will need to do is work on the timer.

This would open up more strategy. If you are the last one standing in the first wave you will need to stay alive so your team can get back while the other team tries to hunt you down.

Desperately need AI bots in FP. Last night I waited 26 minutes in queue jumping from the lobby to the queue and back before giving up and playing Quick Play. I get two hours a night that I am on to game. I am not spending half of it waiting for a match. If you want people to play FP, let them play!

If you make AI planets only that will award contracts on a negotiated game to game basis, increasing AI difficulty with the contract. You will get all the MW1-4 players coming back to play. A lot of people want an Co-op PVE game like it was for them in the previous games.

If you want to make a MOBA lane style mode. Have 3 lanes with a capture point in the middle of each. You can only collect points if you are on the point so you will need to defend it. If you make it impossible to cross into the next lane you will make for some interesting tactics as you will have to split the group if you set up the timer to make it difficult to be able to go from one point to the next before the countdown ends for a team having two points.

Destructible terrain and buildings... if someone is hiding behind a building shoot the building down!

#630 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostFractis Zero, on 30 April 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

Take Domination and put it into Faction Play. With more then one 'life/spawn' you might actually capture instead of it being Death Match with only one place to go. To make this work give unlimited spawns, cycling through your drop deck. The only thing you will need to do is work on the timer.

This would open up more strategy. If you are the last one standing in the first wave you will need to stay alive so your team can get back while the other team tries to hunt you down.

Desperately need AI bots in FP. Last night I waited 26 minutes in queue jumping from the lobby to the queue and back before giving up and playing Quick Play. I get two hours a night that I am on to game. I am not spending half of it waiting for a match. If you want people to play FP, let them play!

If you make AI planets only that will award contracts on a negotiated game to game basis, increasing AI difficulty with the contract. You will get all the MW1-4 players coming back to play. A lot of people want an Co-op PVE game like it was for them in the previous games.

If you want to make a MOBA lane style mode. Have 3 lanes with a capture point in the middle of each. You can only collect points if you are on the point so you will need to defend it. If you make it impossible to cross into the next lane you will make for some interesting tactics as you will have to split the group if you set up the timer to make it difficult to be able to go from one point to the next before the countdown ends for a team having two points.

Destructible terrain and buildings... if someone is hiding behind a building shoot the building down!

WOW and I mean WOW! Findlay a truly intelligent and DOABLE suggestion.

Well played Sir, Well played indeed.

#631 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:30 AM

View PostLadyDanams, on 24 April 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

The new scouting mode for FW, needs to give RP/LP for actually gathering intel when you are the attacker (scouting party). RP/LP are only given for combat, even when you are on the side that has no combat objectives. This inevitably leads to most of my lance mates every scout match tonight trying to go all Rambo even when our mission is to scout and get out.

I'll add to this that the event really highlighted the fact that gathering intel doesn't even help match score AT ALL. So many gather intel matches that we won with a good amount of intel, but only had 25-40 match score, not making the 80 required for the event, because we won by avoiding contact and gathering large amounts of intel and getting out successfully.

#632 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...-warfare-ideas/

I'm sure I have at least one good idea in there that isn't totally unreasonable and impractical, right?

#633 Arty

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:30 PM

I want a mech lab simulator that I can use to test weapon configurations and heat effects BEFORE I have to waste C-bills on a crappy configuration. It just does not make sense that i have to wreck my current configuration equip some weapon I want to try out and pay for it. Take it to the trial grounds and then not like it and have to spend more C-bills to put everything back. There were simulators in the mechwarrior/battletech universe make use of them!!!

#634 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostArty, on 02 May 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

I want a mech lab simulator that I can use to test weapon configurations and heat effects BEFORE I have to waste C-bills on a crappy configuration. It just does not make sense that i have to wreck my current configuration equip some weapon I want to try out and pay for it. Take it to the trial grounds and then not like it and have to spend more C-bills to put everything back. There were simulators in the mechwarrior/battletech universe make use of them!!!

Good idea but not going to happen.

#635 cgibboney

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLombard

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:46 AM

I would like it to be 12 IS vs 10 Clan, like it should be to even up the playing field...they have better tech, but less mechs...that is how it was always was in the table game.

3 Lances vs 2 Stars

#636 Piepers

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:38 AM

REMOVE the right to utilize macro this is getting ridiculous......its just a cheat

#637 Apophis Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:08 PM

Daily Missions
http://mwomercs.com/...daily-missions/
Yes = 117 (86.67%)
No = 18 (13.33%)

#638 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:31 AM

After beeing defeated in a cw game you can´t join another cw game- thats just a waste of time , especially when you are running an event- don´t Forget there are People with Jobs who do have their Problems to reach at least one gm achievements!

SO PLEASE:

MAKE EVENTS THAT CAN be reached by ppl who have Family and Job too!!!!!!!

Stop givin us unneccessary Penalty times!!!!!!

Edited by Fireeagle, 05 May 2016 - 04:34 AM.

#639 Matches Malone

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

remove map voting. you made ALL of the maps to have people PLAYING on them. thanks to that "great" voting feature, it´s the same 3 or 4 maps for everybody all day long. and: no - multipliers didn´t fix it. remove it. i´d like to play on high heat maps apart from "desert" again. if you give players the choice, of course they always chose the maps that support their long-range-clan-energy-builts. but i don´t want to play clan. it´s like cheating. so, pretty please: REMOVE THE VOTING-FEATURE!!

#640 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

Better Battle Grid, we need more commands such as "command all light mechs to do x" and quick commands like "Back away from this area", "Caution". In addition to actual commands on the battle grid, we need to be able to send information about targets, eg: if you have a target locked, be able to use a ping command to say "Focus fire my mech/target this" and "Please assist me here". These types of commands would need to be easier to do then saying it in voip if they are to be useful. eg: one button presses

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users