#21 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 03 July 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

More than half the mechs need rescaling.

The majority of them ironically are Medium.

Most mechs, really, aren't too bad. It's just the Medium class as a whole (HBK, SCR excluded, maybe), and the Catapult and Quickdraw IMHO that really need a rescaling pass badly. Awesome too, if any Assault does.

Mostly the mediums.

If any light does, it's the Kitfox, but that's probably less important than the mediums. It's just one light, and soon to be a rarely used one (through no real fault of it's own).

View PostLyoto Machida, on 03 July 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Wait, we can pick more than one per class?

Vote in each poll, then the top 3 in each weight class get pushed into one poll together, and the top 5 taken from that.

#22 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

Actually, I wouldn't mind a bit of upscaling on the Firestarter. You know, enough to make up for the awesome hitboxes. And yes, I do run firestarters.

~Leone.

#23 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 03 July 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Wait, we can pick more than one per class?

View PostWintersdark, on 03 July 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

Vote in each poll, then the top 3 in each weight class get pushed into one poll together, and the top 5 taken from that.

I think Lyoto meant, per poll.

Yes, each one of these polls is a multi-choice poll. You don't pick only one. You can vote for all of them, if you want.

#24 wolf in Boots

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 03 July 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

I would like to see the URBAN MECH RESIZED......make it the SAME SIZE AS THE ATLAS.....100 TON....WITH 16 WEAPONS.

I am still pushing for a 16 Weapon Atlas as well.

Inner Sphere needs more GUNS GUNS and MORE GUNS.
GIVE US MORE GUNS

so you have Imp
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/ImpPosted Image

#25 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

PGI cant you just decide wat needs doing. Community votes for this type of development is a really cheap way of getting out of the blame when things don't work out. Take proper ownership of the development decisions.

#26 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostLeone, on 03 July 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

Actually, I wouldn't mind a bit of upscaling on the Firestarter. You know, enough to make up for the awesome hitboxes. And yes, I do run firestarters.

~Leone.

I put in a Firestarter vote for this exact reason.

#27 Tiamat of the Sea

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

Personally, I'm a little concerned because the way this is worded sounds like scaling the entire 'mech up or down in each case, when for some 'mechs there are particular body parts that are at fault (Centurion shoulders or Nova arms, for instance) either entirely or moreso than other parts.

Still voting, though.

#28 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 03 July 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

PGI cant you just decide wat needs doing. Community votes for this type of development is a really cheap way of getting out of the blame when things don't work out. Take proper ownership of the development decisions.

Not really. If the scaling is wrong, the scaling is wrong, and it's their fault. What this poll is doing is letting us decide which makes to get worked on FIRST. That way, when someone says "How come X mech didn't get worked on first" Everyone can point to this very public poll, and say "That's why. WE -the community- picked a different mech to be worked on first."

#29 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 03 July 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Personally, I'm a little concerned because the way this is worded sounds like scaling the entire 'mech up or down in each case, when for some 'mechs there are particular body parts that are at fault (Centurion shoulders or Nova arms, for instance) either entirely or moreso than other parts.

Still voting, though.

I worry about this too. Hoping for the best...

#30 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 July 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Not really. If the scaling is wrong, the scaling is wrong, and it's their fault. What this poll is doing is letting us decide which makes to get worked on FIRST. That way, when someone says "How come X mech didn't get worked on first" Everyone can point to this very public poll, and say "That's why. WE -the community- picked a different mech to be worked on first."

Perfectly said. While I think that there are quite a few of us out there who would like to see a very solid and consistent rescaling across the entire game, PGI needs to start somewhere. Allowing the community to pick the top 5 worst offenders is the best place to start.

Hopefully this is the beginnings of PGI setting a universal volumetric based standard for mech sizes. Once that is established, then hopefully they will take the time to go through and rescale all of the mechs to fit those standards. We really need a standardized scale, so that certain mechs aren't the favored chassis out of a tonnage bracket, just because they're the tiniest. That way, IF they say "10 cubic meters per ton" -for example- (I have no idea whether that'd be a good or accurate scale, just throwing out a number) then we'd be able to look at any mech in the game and know about how big it'd be.

Granted, one might be tall and skinny (Spider) and another one short and stubby (Urbanmech) in the same tonnage bracket, but you'd know they have about the same volume. That would mean they'd have about the same area for hit-boxes. That is, of course, what this scale issue boils down to . . . hit-boxes.

#31 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

Bad Arcade Kitty....Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....(even though i don't like cats) but THANK YOU....I WANT the MACKIE 100 Ton Mech with 16 WEAPON HARD POINT....MORE GUNS MORE GUNS.

IraqiWalker and Wolf In Boots....Thank you Thank you Thank you ...THE IMP MECH...yes I will take that Also....with 16 WEAPONS....INNER SPHERE IS READY FOR A 16 WEAPON 100 TONNER. MORE GUNS MORE GUNS.

PhoenixNMGLB....Thank you Thank you as well...I love the idea of a 16 MACHINE GUN ATLAS at 150 kph......
Better Yet ...let also make a 16 FLAMER Atlas at 150 kph variant too. Imagine all the Heatsinks I can put into that mech....It will melt what ever enemy it comes across. It can turn the GrassHopper Mech into a Crispy Critter. Bar-B-Q the CRAB...LETS DO THIS PGI!!!!

Edited by Cranky Puppy, 03 July 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#32 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostMawai, on 03 July 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Hi,

Out of curiosity ... what if the problem is that they all need rescaling ... perhaps some more than others?

By selecting 5 mechs to be rescaled is this going to rescale them in line with the other existing mechs or is it going to rescale them to where all of the mechs should have been in the first place?

Presumably, when you designed the mechs they were in scale using some system or formula? Does voting to rescale them now invalidate that formula? What will be the basis for developing a new scaling for every mech if you rescale some of the existing ones?

In terms of scaling, what if the issue with these mechs is not the scale but the hit boxes or hit registration? Could rescaling essentially just hide a bug somewhere else and then make the rescaled mechs too effective when the bug is fixed?

Finally, I am just curious what the basis for rescaling selected mechs is? Since not all players play all mechs it seems a little ludicrous to get folks to vote on it ... alternatively, perhaps PGI has hit data available that would indicate which mechs are the easiest to hit in each class ... perhaps these would be the best choices for rescaling or a hit box pass. Either way it seems to me that voting has to be one of the worst ways to decide what to do to specific mechs to improve game balance ... since rescaling is related to nothing other than balance in terms of how easy that mech is to hit.

tottal agree the quickdraw is doing well for the heavy's tho it really only needs to have its side hit boxes tweaked feels like a wasted vote to me.

#33 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

N.O.V.A

#34 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

Awesome, thank you!

Also I want to say that the poll results so far look very reasonable.
Nice example for working swarm intelligence :-)

#35 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

Would be nice if they would also define the aim, like which mechs have good scaling (got least voters).

My pick of good scaling would be:

Small light: locust
Large light: firestarter
Small medium: cicada
Large medium: hunchback
Small heavy: jager (or griffon really)
Large heavy: summoner, timberwolf
Small heavy: stalker (or quickdraw really)
Large heavy: atlas

#36 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:53 AM

Great PGI !

You are willing to change one single Mech ??

Fantastic ! And therefore you make 4 polls for every weight class and then another poll, and another and another...

Wow. I about 4 years we should have the correct size for alle Mechs.

#37 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 04 July 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

Great PGI !

You are willing to change one single Mech ??

Fantastic ! And therefore you make 4 polls for every weight class and then another poll, and another and another...

Wow. I about 4 years we should have the correct size for alle Mechs.

These votes are a roadmap. They will work on one first, then the second most voted, then the third most voted, so on and so forth, down the list. It's probably why they allowed us to vote for more than one mech per weight class in the first place.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 04 July 2015 - 01:08 AM.

#38 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:22 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 July 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

While I think this is true to some extent I also expect part of the problem is that they have a lot on their plate at the moment mech wise. I imagine the two new wave III mechs are having final touches, there's a whole resistance package dropping soon and then IIC collection. By doing these polls they've bought themselves weeks before they even need to think about doing it and they can re-allocate resources accordingly.

It is lazy developing though, this should have been sorted before launch. Devs should have lined up all these mechs and thought to themselves "maybe the awesome is too big". The Shawk I can understand as it was a dominant mech when it was new

#39 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:43 AM

1. Executioner....bring him down to the size of a Banshee....Now he feels like too tall.
2. Quickdraw....reduce him by 20% min?
3. Nova...make him smaller.
4. Firestarter..Increase him about 20%?

#40 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

View PostMarc von der Heide, on 04 July 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

1. Executioner....bring him down to the size of a Banshee....Now he feels like too tall.

Dude, really? Banshee is like twice as wide and only like .5 meters shorter.
If anything Gladiator should be bigger.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 04 July 2015 - 01:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users