#61 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 04 July 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

Good to see but I cannot think of a single Light needing a scaling fix so I could not vote there.

firestarter and spider due to hitreg failures.
also, firestarter has the same tonnage as the raven, is as tall but like a quarter of its depth.... make it BIGGER. and its hitreg issues everyone has are solved.

something should be done about the jenner's center too...

#62 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostAlienized, on 04 July 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

firestarter and spider due to hitreg failures.
also, firestarter has the same tonnage as the raven, is as tall but like a quarter of its depth.... make it BIGGER. and its hitreg issues everyone has are solved.

something should be done about the jenner's center too...
That's nothing to do with their size though.

If anything, I'd say shrink the Raven rather than make the Firestarter bigger.
The FS9 matches the size of other 35 Tonners pretty well, while the Raven is larger than the others:
Posted Image

#63 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostOvion, on 04 July 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

That's nothing to do with their size though.

If anything, I'd say shrink the Raven rather than make the Firestarter bigger.
The FS9 matches the size of other 35 Tonners pretty well, while the Raven is larger than the others:
Posted Image

that might eliminates the raven's leg weakness but doesnt fix the completely broken firestarters and spiders. which is what we need more than a *fixed* raven. because the raven just needs some quirks removed to make 2 er large laser builds worse as they are.

but unlike firestarters, ravens are not nearly invincible on the move.

#64 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostAlienized, on 04 July 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

that might eliminates the raven's leg weakness but doesnt fix the completely broken firestarters and spiders. which is what we need more than a *fixed* raven. because the raven just needs some quirks removed to make 2 er large laser builds worse as they are.

but unlike firestarters, ravens are not nearly invincible on the move.
Which would be a hitreg / hitbox issue, not a scale issue.

If it was a size / scale issue, the Locust, Commando, Urbanmech, Jenner, Panther, Mist Lynx and possibly Kit Fox would have the same problems.

Scaling is about if these things are the right size.

We're meant to be getting a fix to hitreg this patch I believe as there was an error, hopefully that'll resolve it.

- On a side note, it's funny, I always seem to get hit enough when I take my Firestarters and Spiders out.
Not saying there isn't an issue, there's enough complaint about the Firestarter at least (not so much the Spider), but I've not experienced it myself is all.

Edited by Ovion, 04 July 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#65 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostOvion, on 04 July 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

Also for some, such as the Kit Fox, Adder and Mad Dogs issues would be helped significantly by lowering the torso, rather than the very extended legs.
Agreed. But torso's on adder is a touch too big though. The Mad dog could do with less thicker legs.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 04 July 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#66 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostOvion, on 04 July 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

Which would be a hitreg / hitbox issue, not a scale issue.

If it was a size / scale issue, the Locust, Commando, Urbanmech, Jenner, Panther, Mist Lynx and possibly Kit Fox would have the same problems.

Scaling is about if these things are the right size.

We're meant to be getting a fix to hitreg this patch I believe as there was an error, hopefully that'll resolve it.

- On a side note, it's funny, I always seem to get hit enough when I take my Firestarters and Spiders out.
Not saying there isn't an issue, there's enough complaint about the Firestarter at least (not so much the Spider), but I've not experienced it myself is all.

yes it is a hitreg issue but since it cant be fixed in a different way there needs to be a enlargement of the hitboxes. a larger size can lead to larger hitboxes (centurion?)
the jenner has a massive CT that gets shot out easily.
locust/commando are paper and dont have much armament.
kit foxes and adders dont go 150. panther neither.
urbanmech is fun but a joke.
currently, the Firestarter has no weaknesses.
im not saying it should be the quickdraw of the lights but making it a bigger mech with bigger hitboxes would make it less broken.

#67 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostAlienized, on 04 July 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

yes it is a hitreg issue but since it cant be fixed in a different way there needs to be a enlargement of the hitboxes. a larger size can lead to larger hitboxes (centurion?)
im not saying it should be the quickdraw of the lights but making it a bigger mech with bigger hitboxes would make it less broken.
That isn't the point though is it.

Mechs that are the same size, or smaller, and go as fast or faster, don't have the same hit registration issues.

The mech models for the Spider and the Firestarter do not need changing.
Size is not the answer.

Hitboxes and Hitreg are a seperate issue, and being the point of this is to fix the mechs that are the wrong size, trying to half-ass fix another problem by making mechs the wrong size is utterly ridiculous.

#68 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

View PostOvion, on 04 July 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

That isn't the point though is it.

Mechs that are the same size, or smaller, and go as fast or faster, don't have the same hit registration issues.

The mech models for the Spider and the Firestarter do not need changing.
Size is not the answer.

Hitboxes and Hitreg are a seperate issue, and being the point of this is to fix the mechs that are the wrong size, trying to half-ass fix another problem by making mechs the wrong size is utterly ridiculous.

they dont have the same hitreg issues due to their shape. not because of the same size.
if changing the size of a mech is not the answer then why had the raven its leg hitboxes sized up?

it can be an solution if it works well to make stuff balanced and a balance of at least the firestarter is needed more than some simple size issues.
and no i dont care about TT rules or beeing 100% TRO. everyone knows they dont work in a game like this so stop limitating stuff just because it doesnt fit in those narrow views.

#69 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

exe is supposed to be the largest clan mech by the lore btw

#70 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 04 July 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

exe is supposed to be the largest clan mech by the lore btw

And tallest mech in general, in this timeline.

#71 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 July 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

well there is a lot of hit reg fixes coming our way so chances are the problem will be fixed. really any changes to lights will be vary minimal so i kind of hope none of them make the final list, if they did i would say raven and kitfox the main thing that makes the fire starter so good are the qurks.

Edited by Frost Lord, 05 July 2015 - 03:45 AM.

#72 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostAlienized, on 04 July 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

they dont have the same hitreg issues due to their shape. not because of the same size.
if changing the size of a mech is not the answer then why had the raven its leg hitboxes sized up?

it can be an solution if it works well to make stuff balanced and a balance of at least the firestarter is needed more than some simple size issues.
and no i dont care about TT rules or beeing 100% TRO. everyone knows they dont work in a game like this so stop limitating stuff just because it doesnt fit in those narrow views.
Which is a hitbox problem, not a scale problem.

This is a Battletech Game, so paying attention to battletech is part of the equation.

So again, screwing up 1+ other things (that may not work) to fix 1 thing, that is easier fixed with other things, is a fools way.

It's not limiting a damn thing, there's certain things that don't carry over, but if you don't want to play a Battletech game, why are you here?

#73 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostModo44, on 04 July 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

If you need votes to know which mechs are over/undersized from a balance perspective, I have bad news for you. Hire a QA player to test your ******* game already.

I think they know. The whole point of this list seems to be which mechs to get worked on FIRST.

View PostMawai, on 04 July 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

IF they wanted to ask us which mechs to work on FIRST for rescaling then they would have supplied a LIST of mechs requiring rescaling which we would then vote on to see which would get done first. Makes sense ... however, giving us a list including EVERY mech in the game implies that they ALL need rescaling. Is that truly the case? If every mech needs rescaling then they really need to look more closely at the process. On the other hand, if they only plan to rescale a few they should provide a list of mechs which they think require rescaling then we can vote on the 5 to go first ... which is what they have NOT done.

I agree for the most part. However, playing devil's advocate here. I think they wanted our input so that they can better measure which mechs need work. It's quite possible there are mechs they think are okay, while the community doesn't. So letting us vote on all the mechs is a smart move. It also avoids the inevitable "Why was X mech not listed?" posts, and threads.

#74 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:27 AM

sorry some how commented on the wrong posted I fixed it

Edited by Frost Lord, 05 July 2015 - 04:47 AM.

#75 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 05 July 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

its probably not a good idea to get to hung up on law heights there are some crazy comparisons that can be made, I think the atlas for instance is vary short for an assault and the locust was relay tall. http://mwomercs.com/...ers-or-bananas/
cant find any for IS mechs but a pic in this thread has the myst lynx at 10.6M then the first mech to stand over it is the mad dog and even then not buy much and its nearly 3 times the tonnage wile the kit fox and viper are 8.7M and 8.8M wile the fire moth is 11.4M for a 20T mech

Oh, yes i know.
The lore-canon sizes of mechs are beyond ridiculous in some cases.

Still, seeing how thin and borderline anorexic the Gladiator looks, i'd think it should be at least a smidgen taller. However, since it's not that great of a mech, so i wouldn't really enforce making it any bigger.

#76 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostOvion, on 05 July 2015 - 03:52 AM, said:

Which is a hitbox problem, not a scale problem.

This is a Battletech Game, so paying attention to battletech is part of the equation.

So again, screwing up 1+ other things (that may not work) to fix 1 thing, that is easier fixed with other things, is a fools way.

It's not limiting a damn thing, there's certain things that don't carry over, but if you don't want to play a Battletech game, why are you here?

its probably not a good idea to get to hung up on law heights there are some crazy comparisons that can be made, I think the atlas for instance is vary short for an assault and the locust was relay tall. http://mwomercs.com/...ers-or-bananas/
cant find any for IS mechs but a pic in this thread has the myst lynx at 10.6M then the first mech to stand over it is the mad dog and even then not buy much and its nearly 3 times the tonnage wile the kit fox and viper are 8.7M and 8.8M wile the fire moth is 11.4M for a 20T mech

#77 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:49 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 05 July 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

Oh, yes i know.
The lore-canon sizes of mechs are beyond ridiculous in some cases.

Still, seeing how thin and borderline anorexic the Gladiator looks, i'd think it should be at least a smidgen taller. However, since it's not that great of a mech, so i wouldn't really enforce making it any bigger.

sorry commented on the wrong post. yeah it probably could be a bit taller or fatter.

my five over all are grasshopper, Orion, Dragon, then it gets hard mediums could all get slightly smaller tho singling out the ones that need it would be treb and cent hunch is short enough a good trade off for the large shoulder that gets armor buffs as well and shadow hawk is just a good mech so it can stay how it is. I dont play a lot of assaults but I guess I can see the awesome making the list but I think it wont look as bad ass as it dose I would rather some more armor quirks, it also should be a long range mech so you should have more time to roll in most situations only other assault I could suggest would be an increase for the atlas, the atlas would be cool if they made it notably big but chucked on some nice armor buffs make it a real tank, lights are not worth the time at this point perhaps another time.

Edited by Frost Lord, 05 July 2015 - 05:08 AM.

#78 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostFootman, on 03 July 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Nova's arms and legs need to be smaller...

if you do that u lose the protection the arms provide

#79 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 05 July 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

I think they know. The whole point of this list seems to be which mechs to get worked on FIRST.

If they knew, there would be no asking. The true problem mechs are know, have been for years.

#80 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostModo44, on 05 July 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

If they knew, there would be no asking. The true problem mechs are know, have been for years.

Yeah, so they asked us, we can only work on 5 at a time. Which 5 do you guys want to see fixed first? I really don't see the problem here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users