#121 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 October 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

If we get to Tier 4, then I am sure there will be more stretch goals, so I would wait and see what happens. But if we at least unlock tier 3, we will have a single player game with a great deal of replayability.
And for what it's worth, in the last live stream Jordan said that if they raise more money than they need for the PvP, they'd set up a "live team" to work on additional features post-release.

They did talk about coop in the NGNG Q&A, and it's something they'd "want to do". They also announced they plan on creating more stuff in the future (Clans were mentioned, too -- I guess it makes sense to begin in 3025 and then slowly work your way up the timeline), similar to how SRR wasn't the only Shadowrun game they did. Dunno if they were hinting on expansions or full sequels, though.

#122 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 04 October 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

And for what it's worth, in the last live stream Jordan said that if they raise more money than they need for the PvP, they'd set up a "live team" to work on additional features post-release.

They did talk about coop in the NGNG Q&A, and it's something they'd "want to do". They also announced they plan on creating more stuff in the future (Clans were mentioned, too -- I guess it makes sense to begin in 3025 and then slowly work your way up the timeline), similar to how SRR wasn't the only Shadowrun game they did. Dunno if they were hinting on expansions or full sequels, though.

I can see some functions like co-op being expansion material if they get enough funding. Other eras like the Clan Invasion/etc I can see being relegated to full on sequels so they can spend the right amount of time on them once the base game is done.

#123 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:50 AM

Current projections estimate the kickstarter to end somewhere between 2 and 3 million. Fingers crossed! Either way, the extended campaign should be safe. :)

Also, I really like what they posted in the latest update in terms of dealing with damage to your 'mechs:
  • Do Nothing: Sometimes, it just doesn’t make financial sense to repair a component right away, or at all. You can always choose to send ‘Mechs into battle with damaged or even broken components.
  • Repair: The number and experience level of the MechTechs in your outfit will determine the cost and duration of component repairs.
  • Jury-Rig: You may be able to have your Mech-Techs jury-rig a component, getting it back in working order quickly and less-expensively, but at the cost of some reliability.
  • Replace with New Component: Just as most current automobiles are constructed from parts manufactured around the world, most ‘Mechs are constructed with components manufactured across the Inner Sphere. Not all parts may be available in all areas of the Inner Sphere, but if you can find a new part, your MechTechs can install it.
  • Replace with Salvaged Component: Since you may not always have access to new components, salvage may sometimes be your only source for working parts. But salvage may also be your best source - because if a salvaged component is sufficiently old enough, its technology and manufacturing methodologies mean that it may outperform current day new components.

It really fits to the idea of a 'mech outfit going into battle with scarred machines simply because they can't afford to keep them in pristine condition. Even Wolf's Dragoons had to tinker a lot to keep their 'mechs running, after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users