273 replies to this topic

#41 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

Like other stated before... The frequency is not 30 out of 3000 that PGI is states..

It is more like 1-2 of of 10 but it seems a bit more stable after I noticed they enabled VoIP..
Maybe it depends on how intense the match is ? I dunno...

Frequency of the match session crashes happening is definitely NOT 1%.
I probably played below 50 matches so, far and I have probably seen the session crash more than 5 times.

Edited by ShinVector, 07 August 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#42 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

Shin ... 30 of 3000 is 1% ... but that's not the point. For some people it's happening more often than others.

What would be most interesting (and help them isolate the problem and fix it) is to find out what is common among the matches that do have DCs and crashes.

One interesting note, my (Norton) firewall pitched a fit when I first joined a game on the OC server, "allow always" setting fixed it for me.

#43 Pereset

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

Almost all of my unit have all but given up on attempting to connect to the Oceanic servers for now. I'd be interested to see a poll on how many people actually stayed with the Oceanic server.

Personally, I feel that the server needed to be in either Western Australia or some other area that contains sound international hubs. The problems inherent with using Singapore are the connection hubs OUTSIDE of the country.

#44 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRosevears, TAS.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

I have been involved in a few d/c's. Very few though, however if your chasing points for the event...

Maybe we could be awarded the 30pts :P

#45 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 07 August 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

One interesting note, my (Norton) firewall pitched a fit when I first joined a game on the OC server, "allow always" setting fixed it for me.

Norton can't be a factor. I use AVIRA and it doesn't have a firewall function.

This is a server side instance crash... They just need to find out what is happening that is so, unique to Oceanic servers and fix it.

#46 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

View PostPereset, on 07 August 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Personally, I feel that the server needed to be in either Western Australia or some other area that contains sound international hubs. The problems inherent with using Singapore are the connection hubs OUTSIDE of the country.

Funny you that you say this since that would probably makes the server Australia Only.
It is not impossible for Australian ISPs to have good routing to Singapore... (Australians that do, ping range from 80ms to 150ms. )

Also the discussion is about the Disconnect/Problem that PGI needs to fix.

#47 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRosevears, TAS.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Just been d/ced again for the second time today. both map were Assault map...

First one was about 5 mins in, the latest one got to the drop ship and then d/ced.

Edited by Smouch, 07 August 2015 - 09:28 PM.

#48 Vrox

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

Well today is 3 disconnect out of 5 games, that's 60% for me.

#49 Shaky Shot

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:52 PM

i can not finish a game in my stormcrow scr-d ...tried over and over.......and when it tries to rejoin it gets lost and tries the wroung maps....lol

#50 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

For something that supposedly has only happened 30 times I can say its still happening, right now every other oceanic game I play I get a "disconnected from game server" crash to mechlab, mech stuck in game cannot reconnect (and the worst part is no matter how good I was doing in the game I get nothing for the game when it finally ends, no cbils, no exps). I have had this error at least 7-8 times yesterday, 2-3 times before this announcement and 4 more times in the past 9 games. PGI claims only 30 incidents, 1% occurrence...but if you add up all these reports its way more than 30 games before PGI posted this message and a whole lot more after

Edited by YUyahoo, 07 August 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#51 Wild Hamster

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

Experiencing this for almost about half the games.. kinda annoying

#52 Blade007

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

On about a crash every second game now. Whatever was done has increased the problem for me. I just don't know why I'm being so stupid to coninue playing tonight, the premium time is still less than the 0 points from the disconnects but I really want a NZ cockpit flag.

#53 Daikyu Kell

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 46 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

00:04 PDT

Just got booted from game, rejoin just reloads mechlab and "disconnected from game server error" looks like your patch didnt work

#54 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:10 PM

I dunno if any of u guys had any of this, by my game crashed, couldn't join, like everyone else, was ale to make a pub and cw group, but not a private match! I click on it, and a message (forgot wat it said) prevebted me from doing so, and me and the peson both had priemium tome, this was a different matter. one more thing is that it really ****** up the cw map, even after I restarted the game. ill be going to bed now, but tomorrow moring I wanna see if anything changes and im avoiding the oceanic servers

#55 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

Same problem here. I've had 5 disconnects so far. I believe that 30 out of 3000 is a very conservative number. I'd put it closer to 300 out of 3000 because it seems like 1 of every 10 games ends up with this result. I hope they will extend the tournament a little bit longer because it's killing the main mech I use for it.

#56 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

View Postkuritakun, on 07 August 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

im from oceanic region (se asia) with a ping of 50+ on the oc server but i disco as much as the ones reported from na and eu

This.

4-5 ping and i experienced 2 server disconnects in the earlier part of yesterday.

Aside from that, it feels strange when i see my ping below 200 after 2+ years

Edited by dragnier1, 07 August 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#57 Bobbys Gherkin

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, Australia

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:21 AM

The frequency of crashes is up to about 75% of matches for me now. The ones that are not crashing seem to be working just fine.

Also, thanks for dealing with it so fast.

#58 Murcheson

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:55 AM

You need to do a better survey - I personally have experienced the exact crash you described at least 5 times today on the Oceanic Servers.

I appreciated the complexity involved in bringing new servers online - but if you're having troubles own up to it - don't blow sunshine in people's faces and say it is not a big problem - when we know otherwise.

#59 Murcheson

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

Oh by the way - not only did the server disconnect the match - now (30 minutes later) - my mech is still locked up as being "in game".

#60 013

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:23 AM

So far out of 30 games 8 was disconnects. To me that seems like a Huge amount. Getting the warhorns and c bills are going to be unfairly difficult in this challenge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users