Next Mech Pack

41 replies to this topic

#1 Luca M Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

I have just been thinking about what could be in the next mech pack. When the next mech pack comes it will be 3051.

There seems to be plenty medium mechs available but not so many light, heavy and assault mechs available except for second-line mechs.

The only mechs I could find are the following:

light
firemoth

medium
viper

heavy
crossbow

assault
Naga

Am I mistaken? Is there anything else available?

The Crossbow is a Steel Viper mech. Does that mean the Steel Vipers, Nova Cats and Diamond Sharks will be joining us in community warfare?

Edited by Luca M Pryde, 28 August 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#2 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

Posted Image

"I will never be loved..."
-Wayward Whitworth BattleMech

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostLuca M Pryde, on 28 August 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

I have just been thinking about what could be in the next mech pack. When the next mech pack comes it will be 3051.

There seems to be plenty medium mechs available but not so many light, heavy and assault mechs available except for second-line mechs.

The only mechs I could find are following:

light
firemoth

medium
viper

heavy
crossbow

assault
Naga

Am I mistaken? Is there anything else available?

The only thing you are mistaken is that we are in 3052-3053 or 3053~ somewhere, as Russ decided to forward the clock a bit but hasn't updated the thing itself.

New possibilities now!!! :D

View PostRhaythe, on 28 August 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

"I will never be loved..."
-Wayward Whitworth BattleMech

Posted Image

"Yeah you will."
-Brother of Wayword Whitworth Battlemech

Edited by Scout Derek, 28 August 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#4 Luca M Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

If that is the case, I would like to see the Fire Falcon, Turkina and Black Lanner be released. But I know we have to be fair and allow other clan mechs.

So I suggest the Fire Moth, Viper, Line Backer and Turkina.

Then after that Fire Falcon, Black Lanner, Night Gyr then Naga or King fisher.

Probably after this second-line mechs will need to be released.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

The Moth isn't possible because it breaks the speed cap even without using MASC (by 7 kph I think it was). Next Clan light omni pretty much has to be the Fire Falcon, unless there's another timeline-friendly light.

Plus, the Moth's MASC wouldn't be useful anyways, seeing how even the Shadow Cat's MASC is nearly pointless. MASC in MWO helps mechs that have rather low agility by default, like the Executioner. But the Shadow Cat, being very agile by itself, gains little agility benefit from MASC and certainly doesn't get much speed from it either. The Moth would show that same trend but to an even larger extent. Not getting the FM isn't really much of a loss, all things considered...

Also, the Crossbow as the next Clan heavy would be so horrible...16 tons of pod space on a 65 ton mech, and very limited hardpoints (Prime has only 2 missiles!). Night Gyr please, or at the very least Linebacker (which has the same pod space, but is at least really fast and has more hardpoints).

Edited by FupDup, 28 August 2015 - 09:35 PM.

#6 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:37 PM

Rather get a new map, or a single player than more expensive mechs I will never buy with cbills anyways.

#7 Luca M Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 August 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

The Moth isn't possible because it breaks the speed cap even without using MASC (by 7 kph I think it was). Next Clan light omni pretty much has to be the Fire Falcon, unless there's another timeline-friendly light.

Plus, the Moth's MASC wouldn't be useful anyways, seeing how even the Shadow Cat's MASC is nearly pointless. MASC in MWO helps mechs that have rather low agility by default, like the Executioner. But the Shadow Cat, being very agile by itself, gains little agility benefit from MASC and certainly doesn't get much speed from it either. The Moth would show that same trend but to an even larger extent. Not getting the FM isn't really much of a loss, all things considered...

Also, the Crossbow as the next Clan heavy would be so horrible...16 tons of pod space on a 65 ton mech, and very limited hardpoints (Prime has only 2 missiles!). Night Gyr please, or at the very least Linebacker (which has the same pod space, but is at least really fast and has more hardpoints).

I believe MASC is mostly useful for sudden acceleration purposes. But all this extra speed is going to make mechs unhittable. Although the firemoth is almost dead even if it has never taken a hit.

#8 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostLuca M Pryde, on 28 August 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

I believe MASC is mostly useful for sudden acceleration purposes. But all this extra speed is going to make mechs unhittable. Although the firemoth is almost dead even if it has never taken a hit.

A 20 ton mech with a big engine is already going to accelerate and decellerate very quickly, which is why MASC's benefit would be negligible on it. This can even be seen on the Shadow Cat, which isn't as agile as a 20 tonner but is still pretty nimble by default.

#9 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

I want IS Omnis, to hell with practicality!

Light: Raptor
Medium: Strider
Heavy: Avatar
Assault: Sunder

I especially want the Raptor. If not the others, put the Raptor up in the Gift Shop like the Urbie.

Edit: speaking of Gift Shop 'Mechs, PGI? Where the h*ll is the BJ-2 already? We have all the Locusts but a major variant of the Blackjack is conspicuously absent.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 28 August 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#10 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 August 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

I want IS Omnis, to hell with practicality!

Light: Raptor
Medium: Strider
Heavy: Avatar
Assault: Sunder

I especially want the Raptor. If not the others, put the Raptor up in the Gift Shop like the Urbie.

But dat SHS Strider tho. :\

#11 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 August 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

But dat SHS Strider tho. :\

It's k, SRMs are p coo'. Though we can swap it out for a BJ-O if you want.

Or they can do something unprecedented and make the package 1 light, 2 heavies, and an Assault, swapping the Strider or BJ-O for the Nova Blackhawk-KU.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 28 August 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#12 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 August 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

It's k, SRMs are p coo'. Though we can swap it out for a BJ-O if you want.

Or they can do something unprecedented and make the package 1 light, 2 heavies, and an Assault, swapping the Strider or BJ-O for the Nova Blackhawk-KU.

It wouldn't be as much of an issue if SHS were playable on non-ballistic boats...

#13 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 August 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

It wouldn't be as much of an issue if SHS were playable on non-ballistic boats...

Well, the STK-4N with the large lasers actually runs respectably cool with SHS. It's not better than DHS, but it was certainly usable. I did it before I ground out enough C-bills to buy DHS.

The fact that the Strider is stuck with that particular engine means you have lots of extra room to play with - 17.5 tons of pod-space with max armor less 2 in the head. Cram two LL or ERLL and then the rest SHS, and you've got something akin to a Shadow Cat (not that the Shadow Cat is a shining example of ultra-performance). Or a single LPL with two SRM4.

It won't be great, but being great isn't something associated with IS Omnis anyway.

#14 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 August 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Well, the STK-4N with the large lasers actually runs respectably cool with SHS. It's not better than DHS, but it was certainly usable. I did it before I ground out enough C-bills to buy DHS.

The fact that the Strider is stuck with that particular engine means you have lots of extra room to play with - 17.5 tons of pod-space with max armor less 2 in the head. Cram two LL or ERLL and then the rest SHS, and you've got something akin to a Shadow Cat (not that the Shadow Cat is a shining example of ultra-performance). Or a single LPL with two SRM4.

It won't be great, but being great isn't something associated with IS Omnis anyway.

The Stalker 4N has -15% Large Laser heat quirks (-7.5% LL and -7.5 general energy), and boatloads of tonnage to spam heatsinks. It's not the best example...

For the Strider...
It's not anywhere close to 17.5 tons of pod space, it's only 11 (when you max the armor). Did you accidentally use an XL engine instead of a STD? Yeah, it uses a STD engine lol. And double hardwired CASE for double lols.

http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/5146.pdf

Smurfys approximation: Ghetto Strider In MWO

Edited by FupDup, 28 August 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#15 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

#16 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 August 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

The Stalker 4N has -15% Large Laser heat quirks (-7.5% LL and -7.5 general energy), and boatloads of tonnage to spam heatsinks...

It's not anywhere close to 17.5 tons of pod space, it's only 11 (when you max the armor). Did you accidentally use an XL engine instead of a STD? Yeah, it uses a STD engine lol. And double hardwired CASE for double lols.

http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/5146.pdf

Smurfys approximation: Ghetto Strider In MWO

I did it before it got the quirks.

And yeah, I did accidentally XL the engine.

Any way, none of the first-gen medium IS Omnis are really usable. Blackjack is too slow and fragile and is only good if you really need tonnage in your CW drop-deck but want a Jager. The Strider is too hot to up-gun (Though the arrival of IS ER Mediums, Small X-Pulse, and MRMs might make it workable).The Firestarter will be just as bad as the Vindicator.

The BH-KU, on the other hand, has potential, but is unfortunately a Heavy because Inner Sphere.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 28 August 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#17 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:48 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 August 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

Any way, none of the first-gen medium IS Omnis are really usable. Blackjack is too slow and fragile and is only good if you really need tonnage in your CW drop-deck but want a Jager. The Strider is too hot to up-gun (Though the arrival of IS ER Mediums, Small X-Pulse, and MRMs might make it workable).The Firestarter will be just as bad as the Vindicator.

The BH-KU, on the other hand, has potential, but is unfortunately a Heavy because Inner Sphere.

Well, I consider the Raptor to actually be semi-decent...probably beats the Mist Lynx in a few regards, for whatever that's worth. :D

#18 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:49 PM

I just want a Vulcan.
Posted Image
Bishop Steiner's design of it.

It never appeared in any of the Mechwarrior games and it's about time it does!

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 28 August 2015 - 10:51 PM.

#19 Luca M Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostFupDup, on 28 August 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

A 20 ton mech with a big engine is already going to accelerate and decellerate very quickly, which is why MASC's benefit would be negligible on it. This can even be seen on the Shadow Cat, which isn't as agile as a 20 tonner but is still pretty nimble by default.

Ah, I haven't really paid much attention to engines. I just assumed the acceleration would be similar but top speed increased. I guess there would be acceleration differences depending on the engine used. I don't buy IS mechs. Did it once but got frustrated over how expensive the engines are to upgrade. Costing almost as much as the mech I bought.

#20 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

View PostLuca M Pryde, on 28 August 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Ah, I haven't really paid much attention to engines. I just assumed the acceleration would be similar but top speed increased. I guess there would be acceleration differences depending on the engine used. I don't buy IS mechs. Did it once but got frustrated over how expensive the engines are to upgrade. Costing almost as much as the mech I bought.

I don't know for sure if acceleration is based on engine, I'm just going off of my experiences using a pre-quirk Locust...that thing could stop on a dime even before quirks arrived. The Moth without using MASC probably wouldn't be any different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users