847 replies to this topic

#181 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostDihm, on 11 January 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

Errr, it looks cool, but what the heck IS it? An eye of something, obviously. Looks like some weird alien lizardbat.

The "alien lizard plant" is supposed to be some type of flower. The old version (which I based mine off of) doesn't convey this so well, but the new version is very clearly a flower.

First thing I thought when I saw this was "Clanners!?" I guess the Star Adder rank symbols were stuck in my head or something. This is a Star Commander:

Well, it's actually identical to the Cameron Star (which many clans based parts of their imagery off of). Some IS units did this as well. In this case, I wanted to differentiate the 5th Fusiliers of Oriente from other units that may be using the same symbol, so I changed the coloration so that it matched that of the parent insignia. I actually started with the 5th, and then tried to keep the same scheme as I worked with the other units. It wasn't always possible (looking at 3rd) but I think it was important for creating a unified imagery without resorting to the template format seen on the Oriente Hussars (Past # 175), though that is potentially canon.

Edited by Hayden, 11 January 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#182 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Great work Hayden! :P

#183 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hayden! Nice work as always!

#184 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

First thing I thought when I saw this was "Clanners!?" I guess the Star Adder rank symbols were stuck in my head or something. This is a Star Commander:

It's a very common symbol in Battletech, especially in the SLDF, Clans, and previously SLDF units, it's called a "Cameron Star", named after House Cameron of the Terran Hegemony.

#185 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Regulan Hussars (and "Friends!*") Megadump! Everything made between January 21st, 2012 and January 22nd 2012 unless otherwise noted. Some artistic liberties taken, especially in regards to coloration.

1st Regulan Hussars
Posted Image
2nd Regulan Hussars
Posted Image
3rd Regulan Hussars
Posted Image
4th Regulan Hussars
Posted Image
5th Regulan Hussars
Posted Image
9th Regulan Hussars, note that this unit is composed primarily of soliders from Oriente. Because of this I made use of colors similar to the Fusiliers of Oriente.
Posted Image

1st Exeter Cataphrachts, this was a request for a player unit that got as old as the hills. Finally sat down and took the time to do it. The unit is based off Exeter in the Draconis March, and the crown is the same used on the Draconis March Militia insignia I did a month or two ago.
Posted Image
15th Dracon, I made this a few weeks ago and forgot about it.
Posted Image
Group W
Posted Image
And last one for this page (and today) the old version of the Harlock's Raiders insignia.
Posted Image
Thanks for watching!

*I use the term "and Friends" very loosely.

Edited by Hayden, 22 January 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#186 Arro

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

Bravo! These are absolutely brilliant, I've always loved how each unit in BT has its own heraldry - I greatly prefer neat iconography over seeing 'mechs and armour in parade paint jobs!

I do have a request, though it's not strictly a unit marking so it's up to you to pursue it or not - but I've always wanted to see a big clean rendition of the Mercenary Review & Bonding Commission logo, with the MRBC letters and Atlas silhouette!

#187 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Great work Hayden! Keep it up.

#188 starbug

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Couple of custom unit emblems:

First, the Nock Heavy Engineering Inc. Militia:
Posted Image

Secondly, the 95th Rifles, Capellan March Militia:
Posted Image

Thirdly, the Knights Pendragon, a SLDF unit from the Federated Suns:
Posted Image

#189 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostHartsblade, on 09 December 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

We have some updated logos on our page, come take a look...

Finally getting around to posting a few of the re-designs of the 12th VR.

The top row is a straight redo of the insignia and the bottom row has a little Ranger twist from MWLL

Posted Image

#190 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hartsblade... those look great! I love the shadow effect.

#191 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

Thanks Kay. Had these finished back in December and posted on our unit forum, but just hadn't gotten around to posting them here.

#192 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

View PostArden Sortek, on 04 December 2011 - 11:39 PM, said:

The Emerald Riders Live!!!

Great Heaping amounts of thanks to Hayden. For finally giving my old TT Merc unit a Beautiful Logo ;)

Posted Image

Nice, just need to stick in the fadas now, words always look unbalanced to me when missing their fadas.

#193 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hey Hayden, sorry to ask for one again. Finally got meself a callsign, and have a better idea of what I would like on my nose art/crest. Feel free to tell me to go away if needs be.

So, on to the request:

As my callsign is Gopher (long story) I would like some form of stylized gopher in front of the RTG emblem, which I would assume you still have, without the sword. Maybe have the gopher doing something with the sword, I don't know. Thanks for your time and all you do for this community.

Regards,

Hanyit "Gopher" Greyhame

#194 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

I get excited every time I see a new post from Hayden.

#195 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostFiachdubh, on 24 January 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Nice, just need to stick in the fadas now, words always look unbalanced to me when missing their fadas.

What's done is done :) The person who requested it was happy, I was happy. That's how I work with personalized requests. If I had my way, it would be flat gray :ph34r:

View PostHanyit Greyhame, on 24 January 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

Hey Hayden, sorry to ask for one again. Finally got meself a callsign, and have a better idea of what I would like on my nose art/crest. Feel free to tell me to go away if needs be.

So, on to the request:

As my callsign is Gopher (long story) I would like some form of stylized gopher in front of the RTG emblem, which I would assume you still have, without the sword. Maybe have the gopher doing something with the sword, I don't know. Thanks for your time and all you do for this community.

Regards,

Hanyit "Gopher" Greyhame

Yeah, I guess I can start to take some requests again on the insignia stuff. I don't have a ton of time on week days, but I'll play with the idea and see what I get. I'm already getting a couple notions. Send me a PM so I don't forget, ok?

View Postlahyenne, on 24 January 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

I get excited every time I see a new post from Hayden.

Hah, and I'm excited when I have material to post. I just wish I had time for more.

View PostWaylandx, on 22 January 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Great work Hayden! Keep it up.

Thank you, sir.

View PostArro, on 22 January 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Bravo! These are absolutely brilliant, I've always loved how each unit in BT has its own heraldry - I greatly prefer neat iconography over seeing 'mechs and armour in parade paint jobs!

I do have a request, though it's not strictly a unit marking so it's up to you to pursue it or not - but I've always wanted to see a big clean rendition of the Mercenary Review & Bonding Commission logo, with the MRBC letters and Atlas silhouette!

Since I'm taking insignia requests again, I'll do this. Like I said, don't expect my usual promptness, but I'll do what I can. Send me a PM so I remember.

Thanks all!

#196 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Alright, this is a half-size insignia dump, since I was so busy on Centurion Repaints.

First up, a collection of minor Capellan regiments, many of which were destroyed during the 4th Succession War.

Stapleton's Iron Hand - Not totally sure what happened, whatever was left of it either ended up in St. Ives or Tikonov. Correction! As of 3049 this unit forms the remains of the Capellan Reserves.
Posted Image
Trimaldi's Secutors - This unit was part of the Capellan Reserves. After the 4th Succession War the remains later joined Tikonov units.
Posted Image
Vincent's Commandos - Was part of the Liao Reserves, wiped out in the 4th Succession War.
Posted Image
Preston Lancers - This unit is rather poorly sourced. It was regiment, but no other information is available. It appeared in the Succession Wars Game, and was probably eliminated in the 4th Succession War.
Posted Image
And now for something completely different...

Per request, this is my rendition of the MRBC logo. Not a unit insignia.
Posted Image
EDIT: Blandford's Grenadiers/Holdfast Guard. I'm not totally sure when this unit switched names, different sources say different things. I think the insignia is more in the Holdfast Guard category. I used the same colors seen in the Dynasty Guards Insignia I did earlier, as they are sister units in the Capellan Hussars.
Posted Image
Now for something completely different... per request, Clan Wolf Zeta/Zulu Galaxy insignia. I spent a long time getting this to look ok, so I'll be putting up a whole slew of Clan Wolf galaxy insignia :)
Posted Image
This last bit is a set. Clan Wolf In Exile's three galaxies get a re-imaging.

Alpha
Posted Image
Beta
Posted Image
Omega
Posted Image

Thanks for watching!

Edited by Hayden, 05 February 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#197 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

If you will take a request, how about the Clan Wolf Zulu Galaxy? :) My personal made-up Galaxy, and really only needs this:
Posted Image
With the outer parts of the star turned a bold red, and the 'A' replaced by a 'Z'. I however lack the software to make said change.. ;)
Thanks!

#198 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 30 January 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

If you will take a request, how about the Clan Wolf Zulu Galaxy? :D My personal made-up Galaxy, and really only needs this:
Posted Image
With the outer parts of the star turned a bold red, and the 'A' replaced by a 'Z'. I however lack the software to make said change.. :(
Thanks!

Wouldn't that be Zeta? I mean, I'll do it regardless, but just as an aside :)

#199 Bullet Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Awesome work Hayden. How about some love for the Northwind Highlanders?

Also, I noticed earlier in this thread you could do some nose artwork, so I was wondering if you could this design into a better looking pin-up style nose art, like those WWII era bombers.

Posted Image

#200 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

View PostBullet Magnet, on 01 February 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

Awesome work Hayden. How about some love for the Northwind Highlanders?

Also, I noticed earlier in this thread you could do some nose artwork, so I was wondering if you could this design into a better looking pin-up style nose art, like those WWII era bombers.

Posted Image

Thanks, right now I'm not really doing nose art, but I can certainly look into some NW Highlanders stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users