#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 November 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

Ah, the donkey parable. PGI simply cannot please everyone at the same time.

If that is the case, then just randomize map and game mode selection in the name of simplicity, speed, and fairness. That will still displease everybody ... well, everybody except me. ;)

#22 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 19 November 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

So what would you rather have good games/short wait times or random games/long wait times?

Unless I am reading you wrong, please explain how fully random map and game mode selection will lead to longer wait times.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

View Postbadaa, on 19 November 2015 - 02:03 AM, said:

im happy with the voting system its the multipliers i hate

and I'm happy with th emultipliers as I can actually play Conquest once every 3rd to 4th drop now....and am seeing maps like Caustic, Therma and Bog again.

Oh noes!!!! Can't just play Coldwarrior Murderballz Skirmish every match! The shame!

#24 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostMystere, on 19 November 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

Unless I am reading you wrong, please explain how fully random map and game mode selection will lead to longer wait times.

You will never get fully random game modes, becuase 66% would complain that they have to play conquest 1 out of 3 matches, and the other 33% would complain that they have to play skirmish/assault 2 out of 3 matches.

This new weighting system is a really great tool to see which people here are dumber than dumb. I can rest assured that everyone complaining about it and saying he is "farming points" is of a lesser intellect becuase clearly the system if above his or her head to comprehend.

Otherwise they would know farming doesnt work and won't bring the desired result.

Edited by TexAce, 19 November 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#25 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostTexAce, on 19 November 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

You will never get fully random game modes, becuase 66% would complain that they have to play conquest 1 out of 3 matches, and the other 33% would complain that they have to play skirmish/assault 2 out of 3 matches.

Oh, I expect lots of whining from the "fake democracy" ( ;)) folks. But my post was about wait times.

View PostTexAce, on 19 November 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

This new weighting system is a really great tool to see which people here are dumber than dumb. I can rest assured that everyone complaining about it and saying he is "farming points" is of a lesser intellect becuase clearly the system if above his or her head to comprehend.

No comment. :lol:

#26 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:17 AM

Its hysterical when this backfires. The Skirmish Cold Only crowd sees that Skirmish-HPG is winning, so they ALL swap their votes to Terra Therma to pad their vote weight to +7, +8, +9 for the next match. And then Terra Therma wins and their carefully finessed vote weight drops back down to +1. :)

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 19 November 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#27 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:19 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 19 November 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

Its hysterical when this backfires. The Skirmish Cold Only crowd sees that Skirmish-HPG is winning, so they ALL swap their votes to Terra Therma to pad their vote weight to +7, +8, +9 for the next match. And then Terra Therma wins and their carefully finessed vote weight drops back down to +1. :)

Its really funny, like watching people shooting themselves an arrow in the knee, on purpose.

#28 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostAppogee, on 19 November 2015 - 02:25 AM, said:

You could also hold your breath until you turn blue?

Tried that, but nobody in TS saw it... :P

#29 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:21 AM

View PostTexAce, on 19 November 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

Its really funny, like watching people shooting themselves an arrow in the knee, on purpose.

That's so funny because it's really hard to do. :lol:

#30 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:24 AM

Oh, look, it's another "feature X ruined the game for everybody even though not everybody is complaining about it and the majority of people are fine with it so I'm leaving because I'm an important person on the internet" post.

The weighting functionality is doing its job of putting the variety back into gameplay. I'm sorry that you can no longer play FrozenCitySkirmishWarrior Online.

#31 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:32 AM

Multiplier is working great for me. Sure people are clicking around trying to get the map they want more than others. I do the same thing. If i see two maps are going to win and i don't want the other i will change my vote to the one that is more likely to win.

For this system not working I played Bog conquest yesterday haha

#32 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:35 AM

The forums are getting so hilarious right now because of this that I think I'm going to take a short break from Fallout 4 just to see things for myself. :lol:

#33 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:42 AM

So, we had a number of threads complaining that they never get to play the map/mode they want. Now we'll have a number of threads complaining that they are forced to play maps/modes they don't want to play.

Back and forth, back and forth. We are basically back to random map/mode.

Personally, I like HPG for all modes. But last night, when it did come up three times, somebody used their padded vote to knock it out for another map (Terra Therma one time). They though they were funny.

Eventually all this will lead to what we should have had from the beginning. A lobby system. Various maps on rotation seperated between the three game choices. Within that, seperated to only allow specific tiers (maybe 1-2, 2-4, 4-5). Don't like the map in rotation, or can't get into the one you want? Just sit out for 8 minutes and it will change.

At that point we will probably see a HPG Skirmish 24/7 dedicated server for each tier level.

Enjoy waiting for your Terra Therma Conquest game to fill with 24 players. May take all night.

#34 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:50 AM

Suggestion go play CW ... I will if I continue to get screwed and get conquest. What the hell?!

#35 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:44 AM

The Multipliers are still around? Think the last time I saw them they were opening for Fishbone in the 90's.

#36 DeadEye COTP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

It would be drastically better if it locked you in on your first vote so you weren't able to abuse the system in any way. But that actually requires PGI to have common sense.

#37 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:05 AM

I'm not playing till I get my way!!

(jk)

#38 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:06 AM

The only things I did not like was the bog and getting the same map over and over again

I have been away from the game since late Oct
How are things now?

Better or worse?

Another option/idea would be a map rotation concept
You log on and you are put into the map rotation that means you know ahead of time which map is next
You have so many seconds to opt out
If you do opt out you will have to Wait for the next match to come up

Same with modes

I normally hate conquest because 95% of the time they are stomps by one side or the other
Now I can take conquest every once in awhile so long as I don't play it over and over again
Being able to opt out might be a way to make everyone happy

#39 PocketAces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEverywhere yet nowhere

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 19 November 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

Although I suspect, regardless of what PGI does, SOMEONE will find SOMETHING to come on the forums and moan about.

This x3

#40 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

What can I say, I'm a corrupt kinda guy rigging map elections.
I can say it is impossible to get to a x11 or x12 multiplier, highest is about x6.

Yeah, I will boost the multiplier to avoid certain things later like the broken Frozen Skirmish. Frozen matches were always one-sided especially Skirmish due to all the Assaults being put in Charlie Lance all the time. Whoever spawns in the Delta row simply rushes C4 and ravages the Assaults whether the others come to help or not. Delta spawners always win. Gets old.

Yeah, I once helped make Terra Conquest happen and saw the long litany of rage about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users