Save Mwo. The Best Game Ever Made.

280 replies to this topic

#21 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

I don't have my audio card turned on - this was about CS players being instantly good at this game?

1. Twitch shooting is going to be way down with this patch.
2. Tank movement. I can't tell you how many people that haven't played with this system before never get beyond the first 25 matches.
3. Being good against T4/5 players isn't saying a whole lot. Sorry T4/5'ers but its true.
4. When they come in and realize how bad this game is for sniper/rambo players (ie when they move out of T4/5) most of them will probably rage quit.

#22 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

sycocys, your initial assessment of the video was WAY off.

I can post the words if you like, but it's better in audio. I have an accent after all :-)

#23 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:33 PM

Like I said my audio card is currently off, was just going on what one of the posts said. I'll try to remember to check it out tomorrow when I have everything fired up again.

#24 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

also, cs:go has no sniper/rambo gung ho heros in any kind of rank. AWPER's are extremely efficient team players... Lurkers are extremely cautious team players. If you don't know what a Lurker is, you don't REALLY play CS:GO.

Even silver scrubs in general are trying to rank up hard and working as hard as they can to do so. The mentality in that game is not COD... which seems to be the funny thing for me I guess. If you expect your COD knowledge to work in MWO, no... but CS:GO or Elite:Dangerous... wow, definitely.

#25 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

View PostEnvisage, on 01 December 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

your TL:DR is amusing. Thank you.

Would you like me to do a Welcome to the NEW MWO video, angled at you vets? I have time today... but it would be at least 15 minutes long of talking. I can't get THROUGH to you guys in 5 minutes unfortunately.

Well he got one thing right

Problematic lights for 20 seconds

Until he meets my Oxide

#26 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

envisage you do make some good points but let me say you should really face off against the likes or lords or SJR before you say the game is easy.

the skill level at the top is downright brutal and you will often have 5+ mechs focus firing you to the ground in less then a second for the crime of peaking at the wrong time at the wrong spot.

alot of high level play has to do with being a wicked good shot and being able to almost read your opponents mind, knowing where and how to set an ambush before the first enemy is even spotted.

not saying your wrong/nubz or anything but again try to get into a group match against the likes of SJR/Lords the top 228 players or the like then come back and tell me the game is easy.

Edited by Mellifluer, 01 December 2015 - 10:00 PM.

#27 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:06 PM

To Darian.

Honestly the issue with lights is a result of communication.

What should be happening is when a light attacks what it THINKS is a juicy target, that target in question should go defensive and rely on their team mates who are at 200-500 meter range to HAMMER it.

Look, if you're fighting something fast at 100 meters, it's lateral motion is extreme. The visual distance it covers from left to right, rather than its actual ground movement. The perception of it, that is.

At 500 meters, that lateral motion on your screen, which directly relates to how hard it is to track and predict, is MINIMAL. Lights just evaporate under fire from team mates, but will jink you all day if you are the primary target and they're dragging you into a circle war.

Why fight a war where the enemy has the advantage, when your ally has ALL the advantage and SHOULD fight it for you? WELL, because your ally doesn't even give a **** about you or the win basically, that's very much about to change.

To Mellifluer.

This video is in direct communication to the new players who will be at tier 5 and 4 and 3 for a long time due to the way the tier system is a bit of a grind (unless you can group drop in full 12's and murder ball farm).

If you're silly enough to solo or 4 man drop, you are going to face a lot of rank downs lol... no matter WHAT you do in the game. I'd HAPPILY group up with anyone in the upper tier, but there's no guarantee that if you come with a decent 12 man, that you will face a decent 12 man.

I've played with some of the best in the game in pre-mades, and against some of the best. Quite a lot. Unfortunately, NEVER with the best vs the best. THIS may and well honestly, is a fair point. But that seems like a direct thing that PGI needs to address?

Anecdotally I remember my first game in a random group drop vs 228 lol. I was in my cheeky little harassment scout and I tried to do my poke plays that seem to infuriate most players into going to the wrong spots and splitting up.

Not only did they refuse to split up, they put my torso's ALL of them, to red in a heart beat.

I definitely adjust my play style when I see recognizable units in play. But for the majority of it, it isn't hard.

Please also try not to misquote me, I said NOT that hard. Not EASY. There IS a difference right?

#28 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:10 PM

I kinda lost all respect for the guys opinion at about 1:45 where he told us that he spent about an hour figuring out torso twisting by walking around a tree. Then he said he regularly heard veteran players complaining about "getting their little toes stuck on a rock".

His solution was "Don't do this, just walk around it". He obviously hasn't encountered enough mech jamming pebbles that you can't even see to "walk around".

His rose colored glasses are nice though.

#29 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:11 PM

Do you get stuck on the same one on the same map. Or are they shifting these mystical pebbles on you all the time mate?

come on now.

#30 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:31 PM

Mechs don't get stuck on rocks because you didn't go around - they get stuck because the object you got stuck on is invisible. It's a collision mesh issue, not a 'I didn't see that rock' issue. You're new and don't get that, but it's okay.

Communication is poor because it has no reward. There isn't anything like an 'economy' in CS like there is in MW:O. The grind serves a different purpose. The cold, hard, poorly designed truth is that it's generally going to pay you better to not tell anyone and secure the kill yourself than it does to tell someone who gets the kill or, more likely, when 3 teammates all suicide-rush the target hoping to steal the kill first.

People who play CS GO (like me and probably a couple thousand other people who also play MW:O) are likely going to show up here and play as poorly as you do. While it's possible they may also do what you do, which is play poorly, lose more often than others and then blame everyone else while talking about how good they are (without, oddly, doing good) I suspect they'll just end up like....

everyone else who plays MW:O. You're entertaining though and while you seem to have a real need for attention and affirmation (negative or positive) and so feed these 'PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!' threads enough to generate some giggles I would say you should let it rest for a day now and then, so everyone doesn't burn out on what entertainment you are good for.

#31 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:37 PM

there is a difference

View PostEnvisage, on 01 December 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

Do you get stuck on the same one on the same map. Or are they shifting these mystical pebbles on you all the time mate?

come on now.

problem with getting caught up on underbrush is that its infuriating that a 5 story+ mech gets stuck because it cant lift its knee high enough to simply step over small rocks.

mostly its a problem with movement archetypes.

#32 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

Mischief. Thanks for the comments. I'm working out what parts have value at the moment.

[color=#959595]Communication is poor because it has no reward. There isn't anything like an 'economy' in CS like there is in MW:O. The grind serves a different purpose. The cold, hard, poorly designed truth is that it's generally going to pay you better to not tell anyone and secure the kill yourself than it does to tell someone who gets the kill or, more likely, when 3 teammates all suicide-rush the target hoping to steal the kill first.[/color]

It makes me wonder how hard you guys have been "carrot on a stick'ed".....

CS:GO has no grind except to WIN. There is no economy, yet it is one of the most played games in the world AND it has a constant influx of new players.

Perhaps if everyone decides to stop chasing the carrot, so will this game...
???

#33 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:41 PM

Let the CS:GO crowd come the MWO. My 33 year old arse needs better challenges, now that I've gotten used to T1 pug matches, and 12-man CW matches.

Edited by El Bandito, 01 December 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#34 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

#35 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:48 PM

View PostEnvisage, on 01 December 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

To Darian.

Honestly the issue with lights is a result of communication.

What should be happening is when a light attacks what it THINKS is a juicy target, that target in question should go defensive and rely on their team mates who are at 200-500 meter range to HAMMER it.

Look, if you're fighting something fast at 100 meters, it's lateral motion is extreme. The visual distance it covers from left to right, rather than its actual ground movement. The perception of it, that is.

At 500 meters, that lateral motion on your screen, which directly relates to how hard it is to track and predict, is MINIMAL. Lights just evaporate under fire from team mates, but will jink you all day if you are the primary target and they're dragging you into a circle war.

Why fight a war where the enemy has the advantage, when your ally has ALL the advantage and SHOULD fight it for you? WELL, because your ally doesn't even give a **** about you or the win basically, that's very much about to change.

yeah this right here tells me you have a lot to learn about MWO. I want my target and his friends to target the squirrel :>

Much easier to win this way when you have 5 mechs targeting a Jenner who has gone defensive while the my friends salivate at your juicy rear's Posted Image

Edited by Darian DelFord, 01 December 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#36 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:55 PM

I welcome the coming of our new Steam overlords Posted Image . Seriously though, PGI should amp up the PSR multiplier for new players for the Steam release, so the good players get up to tier 1 or 2 as quickly as possible. Seal-clubbing is not at all interesting if you want to actually compete (as opposed to just winning). New blood and new ideas are always welcome.

#37 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:18 PM

Darion Delford. You like most of the community assume the stupidest angle you can in a discussion to try to add validity to your point. Booo. Not even worth it. If your argument needs to be overly weighted to make your point, your point is not worth arguing. Try to assume the place of lesser strength in your argument and IF it still holds true, THEN you have REALLY proven a point. Misquoting people intentionally or extrapolating their words into a picture you NEED to support your argument is cringe worthy.

HUZZAH fat4eyes. Great attitude.

#38 Kraftwerkedup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

Embed fail?

#savemwo fail.

We tried this. It failed.

#39 RunWithRandoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 225 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

How do you mean you tried it and it failed. There hasn't ever been a re-release before has there? With gamers from different back grounds I mean.

#40 Mistress Lilium Magnus

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:09 AM

I don't feel there's any difference north or south of the average. I play CS:GO better than the average CoD fodder and I play MWO better than the average suicide assault (T3 so at least I'm not total rubbish). For me, even though the games play out differently, the concept's still pretty much the same and so the same stupid things people do in MWO, people have done in CS:GO and vice verse. The only thing I see being different is that maybe they will be smart enough to all PuG together and their sense of coordination might actually make PuGing more viable in CW.

I just hope they're stupid/brave enough to join the IS side, or we will definitely never have balance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users