Why The Bad Reputation?

130 replies to this topic

#121 Poundcake

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:26 AM

With the exception of a few players, everyone has "played" Davion ....then they moved. Its just natural progression. Also I second what that other guy said, a lotta peeps from Dav moved closer to the action as Dav is not where the action is. Most of the hard core Dav guys who have always been hard core Dav and think they are L33T actually aren't as good as they think they are thus they learned a hard lesson in the end.

But I like Dav, I've been on many Dav Units ....just like a lot of peeps. Just not there currently. And don't worry they'll be back.

#122 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:35 AM

Let's Davion come back at full force. It will be fun!

#123 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

View Postjaxjace, on 03 May 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

That davions are casual and thats why they lose.

The Dead Sea called. It wants its salt back.

Edited by Valar13, 10 May 2016 - 03:53 AM.

#124 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

I picked Davion because their logo resembles the Berlin Brigade patch I once wore. The factions are the same in the game and everything added by players and lore is silly fluff unless you are roleplaying. If you are roleplaying, the illogical becomes logical.

Edited by Kylere, 19 September 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#125 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostKylere, on 19 September 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

I picked Davion because their logo resembles the Berlin Brigade patch I once wore. The factions are the same in the game and everything added by players and lore is silly fluff unless you are roleplaying. If you are roleplaying, the illogical becomes logical.

You need a new title: "Necromancer Supreme" for bringing this thread back...

#126 Kylere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 690 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

Sorry, took two years off playing! Catching up!

#127 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostDevillin, on 14 December 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Actually, the Lore from the books had Davion as part of the Federated Commonwealth. For the Clan Invasion, many of the units were transferred to the Steiner/Clan front. Marik and Liao could do the same thing through the Concord of Kapteyn, if those units were willing to fight as glorified mercenary units for the DCMS. So theoretically, all three of those Houses could have attack corridors into Clan space if the game designers wanted them to.

House Marik worked hard to try and get to the Clan Front both through reborn Star League and a "wormhole" that appeared because of a quirk in the algorithm, but House Kurita shut it down and shoved Marik back down south, pretty much scuttling any chance of future cooperation forever.

The whole story played out on these two threads:

http://mwomercs.com/...he-star-league/

http://mwomercs.com/...-it-here-it-is/

#128 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:02 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 19 September 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

House Marik worked hard to try and get to the Clan Front both through reborn Star League and a "wormhole" that appeared because of a quirk in the algorithm, but House Kurita shut it down and shoved Marik back down south, pretty much scuttling any chance of future cooperation forever.

The whole story played out on these two threads:

http://mwomercs.com/...he-star-league/

http://mwomercs.com/...-it-here-it-is/

That was some of the most fun of CW 2 and I will never let anyone convince me otherwise.Although I personally don't of think it as scuttling and chance at cooperation so much as I look forward to the day when the wormhole incident is fondly remembered as the first civil war of the Draconis Worlds League.

#129 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostUltra-Laser, on 20 September 2016 - 04:02 AM, said:

That was some of the most fun of CW 2 and I will never let anyone convince me otherwise.Although I personally don't of think it as scuttling and chance at cooperation so much as I look forward to the day when the wormhole incident is fondly remembered as the first civil war of the Draconis Worlds League.

And people don't get why the loss of faction identity is a big deal. Stuff like this is what made FW something other than new maps/modes for QP.

Someone in Marik needs to make the South Kurita Levy Militia.

#130 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 September 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Someone in Marik needs to make the South Kurita Levy Militia.

Heck, I'll allow nearly anything if it means the forumwarrior scene picks up again.

#131 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostUltra-Laser, on 20 September 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

Heck, I'll allow nearly anything if it means the forumwarrior scene picks up again.

Won't happen. People have to care, even a little, to do that and there's nothing to care about anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users