#101 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:12 AM

Stop rushing generators and play your opponent. That might help.

#102 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

We have more enemies than what have players 24x7. We would love to - we want paid. However we lose a ghost drop, generally on both fronts, for every win. That's when we only have 2 active fronts instead of 3.

Sorry, we'd love to dance longer but we're terribly popular and there's so many boys at the ball.

#103 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:42 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 02 December 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Far, far back in days of yore, in the first round of CW, when all was new and bright...

Back before that, in the days of Open Beta, I heard that Davions were a bunch of annoying hipsters.

Then, I saw for myself on the forums they talked a lot of trash about the other factions and said "Why would you want to be with any faction but Davion?"

...Then I saw for myself that when my FRR buddies and I came across Davions in a match, they'd call us names and tell us our faction was going to be destroyed in CW.

And they'd say stuff like "FRR is a protectorate of the word of blake", which tells me they did a piss-poor job of reading the lore.
But they didn't have to read. They just "knew" it. ...Like a 5-year old girl "knows" that boys have cooties.

Davion's reputation has been at least 3 years in the making.

#104 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 06 May 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

And they'd say stuff like "FRR is a protectorate of the word of blake", which tells me they did a piss-poor job of reading the lore.
But they didn't have to read. They just "knew" it. ...Like a 5-year old girl "knows" that boys have cooties.

Erm..... at this point in the Lore timeline the FRR is essentially an armed camp for Comstar if I remember correctly, so maybe not WoB but his less psychotic cousin?

#105 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 06 May 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Back before that, in the days of Open Beta, I heard that Davions were a bunch of annoying hipsters.

Then, I saw for myself on the forums they talked a lot of trash about the other factions and said "Why would you want to be with any faction but Davion?"

...Then I saw for myself that when my FRR buddies and I came across Davions in a match, they'd call us names and tell us our faction was going to be destroyed in CW.

Davion's reputation has been at least 3 years in the making.

I dropped in a match with a guy with FRR tags about a month ago who was using racial slurs the whole match. I've had a ton of drops with a FRR 4man who ran 4xLRM decks and over several days and dozens of drops I never saw them break 500bdamage. Any of them.

Fortunately I don't consider those guys to actually be the FRR. I get that you had that one guy in band camp 3 or 4 years ago say mean things to you. Everyone was talking trash, FRR among them, prior to CW. FRR had a reputation for being very, very bad in CW season 1.

We're years past that though.

#106 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 May 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

I dropped in a match with a guy with FRR tags about a month ago who was using racial slurs the whole match. I've had a ton of drops with a FRR 4man who ran 4xLRM decks and over several days and dozens of drops I never saw them break 500bdamage. Any of them.

Fortunately I don't consider those guys to actually be the FRR. I get that you had that one guy in band camp 3 or 4 years ago say mean things to you. Everyone was talking trash, FRR among them, prior to CW. FRR had a reputation for being very, very bad in CW season 1.

We're years past that though.

Get out of here with your logic and reasonable arguments! Don't you realise this is the interwebs?

#107 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 06 May 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

Get out of here with your logic and reasonable arguments! Don't you realise this is the interwebs?

Raisinable arguments? you mean those dried up grapes?

Sometime I imagine the forums being populated by clones of Dilbert's pointy-headed boss: Impervious to logic and able to only recall the most petty of details.

#108 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 May 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

FRR had a reputation for being very, very bad in CW season 1...

So, you don't seem to know about this unit called "MercStar"...
Or maybe you just didn't notice how, no matter what faction they joined, they attacked the FRR.

And you didn't hear any racial slurs from me. (There are racial slurs against House Davion???)
Regardless...

The original post asks "Why the bad reputation?", and you're getting answers.
We couldn't be "years past that" if you were all the same people, rationalizing the same old behaviors.

I thought the OP might be sincere, or I would "Feed not yon trolls".

If we're trying to be constructive, perhaps the Davion players with a longer memory could tell us what has changed (or what was good all along), and why we should all be friends now.

Example: The last time I was faction-hopping I had a Liao contract and for several matches I tagged along with a unit that seemed very focused, and had no off-topic chatter during a match. HHoD was a step or two ahead of us every match. They didn't talk junk - no "ggclose" or "L2P" or the other sh!t I've heard over the years - and I don't remember them spawn-camping. They played the objective, and shot the #@^% out of us all the way there. HHoD just appeared to be damn good players, with smart tactics.

#109 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

View PostShinVector, on 15 December 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

...Was wondering why then, there were days where the ERLL from their Stalkers were especially painful...
They seem just stick on you, even when you dodging in and out of cover from >600M...
Great 'skill' those guys displayed..... Posted Image

View PostDevlinCognito, on 15 December 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

Unfortunately EVERY house had the misfortune to have players who resorted to such pathetic measures to 'git gud', so I dont think its that.

I heard second-hand about some players in the FRR hub with aimbots. The guy telling the story said those players had the nerve to say "You have to use an aimbot to be competitive" and "What kind of loser doesn't use an aimbot?"
Then, they got crappy scores with their aimbots, and I haven't heard of them since. I don't know if they quit the game, moved on to afflict some other faction, or got banned.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 06 May 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#110 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 May 2016 - 04:48 PM

Fact is, very many of the "old" players have moved on elsewhere, some learned from their mistakes, others are cancers wherever they land (even if they don't realize it themselves).

We've all had experiences with people of different factions that might color our view of the faction as a whole. There are literally entire books written about the psychology of profiling based on your experiences where at some point your brain starts to hone in to specific patterns/behaviors/language and dismisses anything contrary to this. We literally pull biases out of our own @$$e$ after a while that in our own minds are indisputable.

For the record, if MS always attacks you, it may be weirdly a compliment in the sense that the largest merc unit, if not largest unit in the game, finds FRR to be the best challenge.

Edited by MovinTarget, 06 May 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#111 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:18 PM

If you really wanna know if davions rep as a bad faction is overblown and over hyped, look at how many former rrb and hhod guys are posting in this thread and got picked up by 228; if davion were really that bad one of the best unis in the game wouldn't be picking up former davions. Just sayin'.

Edited by ccrider, 06 May 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#112 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

And we have lots of friends in Davion still... We didn't leave because we were turning our backs on the faction as a whole... for some of us, it kinda just happened this way... After being stuck at the bottom of the map for a year, I wanted a taste of merc life, and I'm digging it. That's not a knock on Davion, just a personal preference.

Though I remember the first time we went Kurita after I joined... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawkwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!

If I ever decide to settle down again, I would most likely head back to Davion and finish my LP there... If that means anything to anyone...

Edited by MovinTarget, 06 May 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#113 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:30 PM

We went Liao on our first merc contract. ;)

#114 SeaFireliv

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

Davion has a bad reputation? Guess I chose the wrong time to join them ....

#115 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostSeaFireliv, on 06 May 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Davion has a bad reputation? Guess I chose the wrong time to join them ....

You didn't.

Get on the Davion TS, make friends and shoot mechs.

You'll be fine.

Look how old the original post is...

It keeps getting necro'd because thats what people do.

Edited by MovinTarget, 06 May 2016 - 06:33 PM.

#116 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:28 AM

View Postccrider, on 06 May 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

We went Liao on our first merc contract. ;)

I went Liao this week because I had heard the Davion/Liao border was highly actice and the population balance was in favour of Davion. I might jump to Davion next week and help out my old faction, they appear to need the "active" manpower.

Ah....the carefree life of a mercenary, thanks PGI ;)

#117 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:36 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 07 May 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

I might jump to Davion next week and help out my old faction, they appear to need the "active" manpower.

Just don't. We went there for the beginning of the event because there were the most options, 1 planet to attack and 2 to defend. This way we could all finish the event very fast. We found out there is a reason everybody attacks Davion ..

#118 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostBSK, on 07 May 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

Just don't. We went there for the beginning of the event because there were the most options, 1 planet to attack and 2 to defend. This way we could all finish the event very fast. We found out there is a reason everybody attacks Davion ..

Same reason why you aren't very popular? Because of the bad reputation?

If you want to get good drops in Davion, get on the Faction TS and coordinate with the regulars, but don't expect to pick up random pugs and expect them to represent the best of Davion.. especially during a CW event.. just after Phase 3 drops and everyone and their mother is trying it out.

#119 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:59 AM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 07 May 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

Same reason why you aren't very popular? Because of the bad reputation?

We have a good reputation with good people. With people who enjoy to meet other friendly people, mature in their communication and teamplay. Who never forget that this is a game we played as little kids and now play it with strangers from all over the world.

About the other people you probably care more than me.

#120 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:55 AM

View PostBSK, on 07 May 2016 - 03:59 AM, said:

We have a good reputation with good people. With people who enjoy to meet other friendly people, mature in their communication and teamplay. Who never forget that this is a game we played as little kids and now play it with strangers from all over the world.

About the other people you probably care more than me.

Oh I'm sorry, I assumed we were making sweeping generalisations based on limited experiences and tarring everyone with the same brush before posting?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users