#62 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostNathan K, on 02 December 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

We even won the last battle, so why is Terra not ours NOW? I feel cheated.

MercStar won that last one. not the clans.

#63 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:43 PM

I think I'll pass.

#64 HuntingU

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:45 PM

Does this mean we can expect Beta 3 or possibly a release considered to be a 1.0 release?

I can't wait to see what new fun PGI has cooked up for us Mechwarriors!

Perhaps there's a bar to have brawls in, dropships/jumpships to travel the galaxy and maybe even a chalice that must be rescued so I can return to Anders Moon w/o being executed.

Edited by HuntingU, 02 December 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#65 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 02 December 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Grrrr.

#66 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 02 December 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Tey didn't pushed the 10k pts in faction more alone.

But anyway: Qué será será.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 02 December 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#67 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

was a lot of fun last time. Thought I had forgotten about those long wait times :)
And I love the warhorns and faction flags; but I would cherish a flag with #1, #2, or #3
unit in my faction (like a number superimposed over the faction flag; even if it took you guys a week to make). See you on the battlefield.

#68 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostTheaus, on 02 December 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

was a lot of fun last time. Thought I had forgotten about those long wait times Posted Image

you mean that:

Edited by Kuritaclan, 02 December 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#69 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

View PostCycKath, on 02 December 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Pass. Not enough of a draw to a CW puggers.

He's right. Pugging it in CW absolutely BLOWS!!

PGI, please, for the love of whatever deity you worship over there, please fix the CW match making. I would love to try this event, however, getting my ass handed to me and whatever team I am on in nearly every match, is rather disheartening. It is a morale breaker. It is depressing. It makes me want to go play another game where the frustrations are less.

There is nothing quite like noting the opposing team is all one faction.

Do you smell what I am stepping in yet?

:)

#70 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostJohn Archer, on 02 December 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

He's right. Pugging it in CW absolutely BLOWS!!

PGI, please, for the love of whatever deity you worship over there, please fix the CW match making. I would love to try this event, however, getting my ass handed to me and whatever team I am on in nearly every match, is rather disheartening.

Stop crying to PGI - Use the LFG.

#71 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

Without some serious rejiggers this is just going to be a ****-show repeat of the last Tuk; ridiculous wait times, cheaters coming out in spades, burnout from it being so bad that people stopped playing the game for months or permanently, too little time to reap the rewards unless you want a ridiculously bad grind (it was bad enough last time with match wait times on IS side; with even less people playing now I can't see it improving), and probably going to have the **** icing to the crap cake where one side or the other stalls out the last days of the event, again with no incentives to keep playing.

IS ER Large lasers as far as the eye can see still on certain mechs (not as bad as it was, but eh), Clan mechs with the usual loadouts minus an ER Med laser or slight loadout shift. At least there might be some no-show-em mechs being used again during it for sheer tankiness, but the draw is minimal. Same **** all over again.

Really, it's just to herald in the pre-Steam map reset with a lore tag slapped on; the last one was pretty much the same along with a server stress test instead of Steam.

There is nothing epic or satisfying about a Tuk in this format without planets mattering anyhow, though odds are good we'll see a lot more of those 300 + MWO Helios users back to higher activity again along with another round of drama and bs because of it. Maybe some will be smarter this time and adjust their hacked settings to be more subtle this time around. Maybe it will just be another round of account (but not player) bans. *Yawn*

Once again, it won't be winning because of good KDA etc.(a pity, given how fricking awesome some of well polished units did with their smaller numbers on both sides last time), it will be wins via numbers/faction bloat in a sad, say way.

Pass.

#72 John Archer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 402 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 02 December 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Stop crying to PGI - Use the LFG.

Interesting. So one uses the LFG and is 'picked up' by said group.... thus, one is still a PUG. The outcome is exactly the same.

This is NOT crying. This is called a customer complaint. I have spent well over 2 grand on MWO. I believe I have every right to complain wherever I see fit.

#73 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

Tukayyid 1 - The Clan Menace
Tukayyid 2 - Attack of the (winner)
Tukayyid 3 - Revenge of Jar Jar
Tukayyid 7 - Disney takes over.

View PostKyynele, on 02 December 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

I apologize, I have been away for a while, has the CW scoring already been fixed?

I am also confused by CW scoring and the XP farming I discovered without trying.

Edited by Wildstreak, 02 December 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#74 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:53 PM

T1 went down to the wire last time. Looking forward to slogging it out again in version 2. Last 2 CW events have been fun b.c of the individual reward trees. One piece of advice: Don't make #wins a high number or the Rage Squirrels will go nuts. Keep it close to last 2 events.

#75 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:57 PM

PGI, you should really overthink your policy to just splurt events into the world without reasonable announcements.

"BIG EVENT! Like... TOMORROW!" is simply put: Garbage. If you want to be meaningful you need to give people at least a wee bit of time to adjust. Most of us have, or should have, a social life and do not stand around idle, waiting for surprise events to jump up.

Secondly, thank you for giving us clans an event in which we can only come out as losers. If we lose the fight, it will stand as alleged proof that the re-balancing worked, which it did not. If we win, it will stand as alleged proof that we clearly need even more arms tied behind our backs.

Oh and last but not least: We already HOLD Tukayyid AND it is meaningless already. You know, because we practically hold Terra already as well. This comes far too late and it makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, map control should be with clans at the start of the match. Not only because Tukayyid is in clan space, but also because we already won the LAST battle of Tukayyid. But fine, cater to the whining of the carebears and give them a free revenge fantasy.

#76 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

View PostJohn Archer, on 02 December 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

Interesting. So one uses the LFG and is 'picked up' by said group.... thus, one is still a PUG. The outcome is exactly the same.

This is NOT crying. This is called a customer complaint. I have spent well over 2 grand on MWO. I believe I have every right to complain wherever I see fit.

Your argument was weighed and found wanting. Use the tools if not those ingame (lfg / own team), then those outside (faction hub etc...). And having a lfg - calling some actions - is better than having non, what should give a substantial bonus over those guys like your former you, that complains about his bad solo pug life in this event, because he does not wan't to make a step into teamplay in a teamplay favoring modus called >>>community warfare<<<.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 02 December 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#77 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:07 PM

So assuming 30 minutes per match you are looking at wait..

40 match points... ..1 match point for a score over 100.

So 40 CW matches - that is a whopping 1,200 minutes or 20 hours solid play - 5 hours a day.. ..then the wait times Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 02 December 2015 - 09:08 PM.

#78 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:08 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 02 December 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I think I'll pass.

Same here. Uselles battle again & again. Where is CW phase 3? Economics? Bonuses for taking planets? Blahhh....

#79 kka

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:11 PM

Dear PGI,

1. please fix the cw match score system (do not divide it by the number of mechs you have used)

2. please give a player an Tukayyid Event Point FOR EVERY 100 MATCH SCORE they can achieve in a match (this will reward good players to finish the event multiple times quicker)

At least do 2.

#80 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

Awesome, Tukayyid event was great last time.

Though It would have been cool if IS could have attacked this time, the planet is in CLAN space atm.

I guess the defence mechanics are a little different this time around so lets get into it :)

Happy Hunting <0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users