125 replies to this topic

#101 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

I dunno, I quite like the trebuchet 3C. With a 390 and four mediums its like a fifty ton death's knell and something that big going that fast is hilarious.

#102 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:26 AM

View PostFang01, on 03 April 2016 - 06:00 PM, said:

I dunno, I quite like the trebuchet 3C. With a 390 and four mediums its like a fifty ton death's knell and something that big going that fast is hilarious.

I mastered mine before everything got quirks. The arms would fall off the mech if someone just looked at it funny. It was really, really bad.

Granted, they could bring down assaults like nobody's business if they managed to get behind one and not get targeted by someone else. As soon as you're spotted however, off come the arms like it was some sort of reptilian defense mechanism. *pop*

#103 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:00 AM

My vote (ATM) is Dragon 5N. Once a monster now brought so very, very low. Wide as an Awesome but way more fragile. HP limitations demand use of points cross the width of the chassis so trying to spread damage or shield invariably leads to neutering in short order. Great UAC5 quirks, but can only carry 1. Other, lighter mechs can do EVERYTHING this mech can do better.

Edited by Bud Crue, 04 April 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#104 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:34 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 04 April 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

My vote (ATM) is Dragon 5N. Once a monster now brought so very, very low. Wide as an Awesome but way more fragile. HP limitations demand use of points cross the width of the chassis so trying to spread damage or shield invariably leads to neutering in short order. Great UAC5 quirks, but can only carry 1. Other, lighter mechs can do EVERYTHING this mech can do better.

Dragons in general have been superseded. Back in CW1, I would hide in my DRG-Flame next to the Alpha gate on the hot map (I think it was alpha), and shut down, waiting for the entire enemy line to pour through. Nine times out of ten I was ignored because everyone was focused on moving forward through tons of fire. Once the last guy came through, I'd power up and start punching holes in everyone's backs. lol, good times.

#105 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

View PostPodex, on 04 April 2016 - 07:34 AM, said:

Dragons in general have been superseded. Back in CW1, I would hide in my DRG-Flame next to the Alpha gate on the hot map (I think it was alpha), and shut down, waiting for the entire enemy line to pour through. Nine times out of ten I was ignored because everyone was focused on moving forward through tons of fire. Once the last guy came through, I'd power up and start punching holes in everyone's backs. lol, good times.

Flame and 1C are still reasonably good if you pack a standard. Not much effective build variety though

#106 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:02 PM

I have just finished mastering Vindicators. I think I'm going back to drinking. Really horrible mech. Every variant is like one small thing away from achieving mediocrity.

#107 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

If the 295 cap model had one more hard point...

#108 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostFang01, on 07 April 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

If the 295 cap model had one more hard point...

I did ok with it as a pop sniper. PPC quirks are great on it, but the BJ-3's mounts are so so much better even with the lower engine cap. And the 1R was a decent LV mech for me, but, just, so many other mechs do it better. Don't start me on the SIB, though. What a mess (and poorly quirked). I couldn't face the 1X.

#109 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:46 AM

View PostTercieI, on 07 April 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

I have just finished mastering Vindicators. I think I'm going back to drinking.

Posted Image

#110 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:03 AM

View PostTercieI, on 07 April 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

I have just finished mastering Vindicators. I think I'm going back to drinking. Really horrible mech. Every variant is like one small thing away from achieving mediocrity.

Soon as I am done mastering my last Spider, Vindicators (and then Victors) are next up to bat for me. Given the fairly consistent comments of negativity I read and hear about Vindis (and Victors), I expect I am going to have another long stretch of losing. Sigh.

#111 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 08 April 2016 - 04:03 AM, said:

Soon as I am done mastering my last Spider, Vindicators (and then Victors) are next up to bat for me. Given the fairly consistent comments of negativity I read and hear about Vindis (and Victors), I expect I am going to have another long stretch of losing. Sigh.

I actually have decent working builds on the 1R and 1AA if you want them.

#112 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

View PostTercieI, on 08 April 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

I actually have decent working builds on the 1R and 1AA if you want them.

Lets have em!

#113 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 08 April 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

Lets have em!

Old BJ-1X build vomits lasers decently on the 1R, can also drop to 225 for a second JJ if you want.

1AA is a poptart or nothing. I like both PPCs and ERPPCs.

I tried 100 things on the SIB, but weirdly, this abomination of a phrankenmech was the most successful for me.

#114 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:28 AM

Thanks!

#115 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostTercieI, on 07 April 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

I did ok with it as a pop sniper. PPC quirks are great on it, but the BJ-3's mounts are so so much better even with the lower engine cap. And the 1R was a decent LV mech for me, but, just, so many other mechs do it better. Don't start me on the SIB, though. What a mess (and poorly quirked). I couldn't face the 1X.

I run it with four mpls, it does okay but it could be sooooooo much better with either another energy point or a larger cap

#116 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

Worst mech's in game? Locust, and Urbie, Both are super weak, a single AC20 will core the thing, yes. the locust is a *itch to hit with an AC20, but the Urbie isn't. that thing is a walking suicide mech. yes. it's cool looking and 360 rotating torso is okay, but STD 60? really? That thing is a troll mech, and makes no attempt to hide what it is. I see that thing on my team and I just think "why would you bring an Urbie to a REAL mech's map". You cant really XL in it too. Friends don't let friends XL Trash can. (FYI. I might rag on the Urbie a bit. but I still think that it's a cool looking little trash can.) Basically i'd never touch this thing with a 10 ft barge Poll.

The locust... Ugh. Don't get me started on that POS. Yes. it has speed. A LOT of speed. But really, other then that it's utterly useless. you cant stick anything heavy on it (by heavy I mean more then 2 tons) and so far all I've seen it carry besides OP machine guns is a single Large laser. XL'ing with it is suicide because even a Medium laser can rip off the torso's. Really the only think you can do with it is Spot. and Pray that you don't get hit.

Other then that almost every other mech can out preform both these so don't worry about it. play to your strength.

#117 IshyOQGX

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:21 AM

Maybe try the Kintaro?
Poor thing, its got worse hitboxes than my Orions.

#118 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 25 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

Vindicator 1X has got to be pretty close. I've never had such trouble making a 'mech work.

The other Vindicators (ok 1R and 1AA really, no experience with the hero) aren't the worst exactly. 1R has 5 energy hardpoints and decent energy quirks, which makes it at least mediocre in my book whichever way you look at it. The 1AA is a one-trick pony, but it's actually a pretty decent trick.

#119 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:51 PM

Vindicator.

#120 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron