#21 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:23 AM

View Postboryssobieski, on 05 January 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

I did try Timberwolf and I really like this mech and it was my first pick but the prize is very high for him. I don't have time for grinding cbills unfortunately Posted Image but I want to master at least one chassis. For 19 millions I can buy 3 Thunderbolts and I think this is what I'm gonna do.

just bear in mind that you will least need Double Heat Sinks (doubles the power of your first 10 in engine heatsinks, all others get a 1.4x boost over singles) and Endo Steel (weight saving, for the TDR 3 ton, in exchange for 14 slots) for your Thunderbolts, that adds 1,5 mil for the DHS and 750k cbills for Endo,
the 9s and 9se come with DHS so it will save you about 2 million on outfitting if you get those 2
you will probably also want a Standard 300 engine to get the best out of them, that costs 1.84 mil, meaning to get 3 combat ready if you are sharing the engine that will cost almost 20 million cbills, and that is before swooping out the weapons.

#22 Mr Flag

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:49 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 05 January 2016 - 06:23 AM, said:

just bear in mind that you will least need Double Heat Sinks (doubles the power of your first 10 in engine heatsinks, all others get a 1.4x boost over singles) and Endo Steel (weight saving, for the TDR 3 ton, in exchange for 14 slots) for your Thunderbolts, that adds 1,5 mil for the DHS and 750k cbills for Endo,
the 9s and 9se come with DHS so it will save you about 2 million on outfitting if you get those 2
you will probably also want a Standard 300 engine to get the best out of them, that costs 1.84 mil, meaning to get 3 combat ready if you are sharing the engine that will cost almost 20 million cbills, and that is before swooping out the weapons.

Rogue is right there, you'd be best off buying 1 or 2, and saving for the 3rd one while doing the basics (& some saving for elite skills), that way you can run them with good setups from the start, rather than having to work with scraps on all 3 chassis.

#23 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:05 AM

View Postflaggelant, on 05 January 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

Rogue is right there, you'd be best off buying 1 or 2, and saving for the 3rd one while doing the basics (& some saving for elite skills), that way you can run them with good setups from the start, rather than having to work with scraps on all 3 chassis.

Both so right. And there really isn't a bad TDR for CBills.

#24 boryssobieski

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

Hmmm... it was a good idea to ask you MWO veterans for advice. I will spend some real money on this game for sure. I watched Maruder in action on YouTube and I love it but this Warhammer Mech that comes out soon intriguing me :P.... but this Maruder is so cool.... ehhh so many hard decisions ;)

#25 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

View Postboryssobieski, on 05 January 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hmmm... it was a good idea to ask you MWO veterans for advice. I will spend some real money on this game for sure. I watched Maruder in action on YouTube and I love it but this Warhammer Mech that comes out soon intriguing me :P.... but this Maruder is so cool.... ehhh so many hard decisions ;)

Marauder is a great mech and the 3R (I think) can be cheap to configure if you go with 3x AC5s and 4x MLs and stay with the stock engine which I think is a STD300. Not the fastest thing around but my God it can unleash a world of hurt.

Edited by Coralld, 05 January 2016 - 12:33 PM.

#26 Nokadota Aririnkichiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPompey.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:46 PM

View Postboryssobieski, on 05 January 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

I did try Timberwolf and I really like this mech and it was my first pick but the prize is very high for him. I don't have time for grinding cbills unfortunately Posted Image but I want to master at least one chassis. For 19 millions I can buy 3 Thunderbolts and I think this is what I'm gonna do.

Thunderbolts are epic with all lasers, make sure you get the 5SS and the 9SE those are the best varients.

#27 boryssobieski

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

Ok so I made my decision. I did get Thunderbolt 9S version becouse he have two ballistic hard points and after few games I give him 300 xl engine 4 medium pulse lasers one large laser one AC5 and machine gun. I have 1.29 heat management and over 40 fire power... it's my first build and works not bad... truth is thunderbolt like lasers;) 9se and 5ss are next. They are on sale now and I have 11 million left so I get them today. Maruders are after thunderbolts.

#28 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

View Postboryssobieski, on 06 January 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Ok so I made my decision. I did get Thunderbolt 9S version becouse he have two ballistic hard points and after few games I give him 300 xl engine 4 medium pulse lasers one large laser one AC5 and machine gun. I have 1.29 heat management and over 40 fire power... it's my first build and works not bad... truth is thunderbolt like lasers;) 9se and 5ss are next. They are on sale now and I have 11 million left so I get them today. Maruders are after thunderbolts.

Not a HUGE fan of that build, or that variant, but if you enjoy it then AWESOME!

-9S does the PPCs well with its quirks, and the top two RT hard points are great for those for hill humping.

-9SE does the LPLs really well.

-5S does the LLs well.

-5SS does the MPLs well.

Figure out which lasers you want to run most on the next one, and buy the appropriate Thunderbolt!

I might save Marauder until it comes out for CBills, since it's already been live for a while. If you're dead-set on spending real money on a heavy IS mech, the Warhammer releases in 2 weeks, and the Archer (coming in April) looks like it might be REALLY good.

#29 boryssobieski

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

I didnt do good bonuses check for this version so i waste PPC bonus. But i can move gear from one chassis to another yes?

#30 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

View Postboryssobieski, on 06 January 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

I didnt do good bonuses check for this version so i waste PPC bonus. But i can move gear from one chassis to another yes?

Yes. Don't worry about it, though, that you're not running a quirks-optimized loadout on it right now. You still get a generic 15% improvement to cooldown, heat, and beam duration, for your laser weapons. That should make those Medium Pulse Lasers fire REALLY quick, without adding much more heat at all. Should be pretty fun!

#31 boryssobieski

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:25 AM

I did also get hunchback variant with Ac20 I change this for 3x Ac2 and two small lasers and it's very fun to play. It's kinda fast shooting sniper hehe... but if someone go for me one to one I'm dead heheh so that's why I'm not in front line ;P

#32 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

Something important to consider is do not chase quirks, you will go space poor and insane as they are subject to change.

a good all round solid heavy is the Clan Timber Wolf.

If you want to puke missiles, she can do it.
If you want to vomit lasers, she can do it.
If you want to take some ballistics, she can do it.
If you want to take a mix of all three, she can do it.

The Timber Wolf is also fast and agile, she was also graced with good hit boxes, meaning she can take a lot of punishment. She is also sitting on the perfect weight for everything she has, engine size, armour allotment and free tonnage space, what all of this means is that she is a very, very forgiving platform for getting into MWO, and one of the mechs I would recommend as a starter mech. There is two down sides to a Timber Wolf, is everyone know how dangerous they are, meaning that they will get focused fire as people try to bring them down fast. The second being she is in the heavy que, and it it can take a while to get into a match.

#33 AdolfGhandi

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:44 AM

I Elited my Thunderbolts and I am getting over 1k damage quite frequently with the TDR-9SE with 3 LPLs. It can tank more than almost any other heavy plus its arms are expandable. Its a bit boring if you play it many games in a row since u only have 1 weapons group but I didn't find any other mech I deal the same damage in so far.

#34 Firestorm1976

• Pip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

The Marauder Has got to be my favorite. The MAD-ER is my ER PPC beast and the BH is an ER LL assassin. The Marauder has always proven itself to be an effective mech as long as you pick a role and stick with it. Don't let other players goad you into doing something your mech can't handle.

#35 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

this thread, like a b---r, has arisen again.

#36 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:26 PM

Not only is the Timberwolf the best heavy Mech it is arguably the best Mech of them all.

#37 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

Im just happy to have a thread remind me that Kristian is banned.

Carry on.

#38 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostLMP, on 17 October 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Not only is the Timberwolf the best heavy Mech it is arguably the best Mech of them all.

Its spelled... "Night Gyr"...

#39 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 17 October 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Its spelled... "Night Gyr"...

Not when the night gyr hadn't been released for ~8 months

#40 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip