Clan Faction Play Tonnage Changes

107 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:21 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
Clan DropShip division Commanders have instituted the following increases to their Faction Play tonnage limits:
All Clan Factions: DropDeck tonnage limits have been increased from 255 tonnes to 260 tonnes until further notice.

#2 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

Let me translate this for everyone...

"COME BACK TO CLANSIDE!!! PLEASE COME BAAAAAAAAAACK!"

PGI, I am sorry but as long as the only new mechs coming out for the next 3-4 months are IS and cw phase 3 is not out, and there is no good financial reason to play it...

RIP clans...

Edited by Ironically Ironclad Irony, 05 January 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:36 PM

Too much tonnage IMO. oh well 4x EBJ

#4 Skaav

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

Just when i finished mastering those ACH's... well guess ill upgrade to JR IIC then

#5 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

After PGI is done adding re(un)seen Mechs to the game, we really need the Clan totem Mechs, especially the Kodiak.

Edited by IronClaws, 05 January 2016 - 04:40 PM.

#6 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

Screw the Kodiak, I want the Supernova. And while it would be way ahead of its time, the Arbalest.....as well as Clan Nova Cat to be in the game already. Thats not too much to ask for is it? (okay, asking for the arbalest would be much, but the other 2 would certainly be doable).

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

That'll make me want to play CW.... no wait... there's no event.

Good luck with that.

#8 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

We need no new clan mechs, we have many clan mechs that no one is playing cause of stupid omnimech restrictions and/or lacking hardpoints.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 05 January 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#9 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

Now we're just tonnage creeping. First IS got an increase, then clan, then IS again and now clan. Soon we'll just take 4 Assaults.

How about we try going the other way? Require us to make some hard choices... Do I take 3 Meds and a Heavy or Lights and Assault?

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 05 January 2016 - 05:15 PM.

#10 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

OH yay more tonnage... -_- nope, more tonnage will not help what you've done. wake up PGI, the mercs are trying to prove a point to you. just because clan wolf took Tukkayyid doesn't mean you nerf clan weapons/mechs. Just because you're giving us more tonnage to play with will not help us take planets when we're outnumbered.

I've said it before on other posts and in email to you all, if you want to balance the game let everyone run clan weapons/tech. make it cost more for IS just like all the other games before this one.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:21 PM

Going the otherway in tonnages would be far more beneficial to gameplay as a whole. Range of 225 being a pretty good start. Even better would be changing weight limits based on location. Say this planet gets a weight limit of X, but that planet has a weight limit of Y. Per battle might be neat but it'd be a little too often. Ultimately to make CW more fun, it needs 1) a goddamn purpose, 2) a distinction between faction and merc units, 3) fewer camping assault mechs hiding in the shrubbery next to turrets, 4) more dynamic "drop off" points, 5) more dynamic turret locations, 6) actual missions, 7) different stages of victory/defeat,...

Actually I could go on for a long time. First and foremost CW needs less "meta," and for that the drop weights need to be more dynamic.

#12 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

This is great, just like in every Battletech novel ... everyone was running around in Heavies. Everyone makes money hand over fist. Everyone had 5+ mechs (some of us 100+).

#13 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:40 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 January 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

Going the otherway in tonnages would be far more beneficial to gameplay as a whole. Range of 225 being a pretty good start. Even better would be changing weight limits based on location. Say this planet gets a weight limit of X, but that planet has a weight limit of Y. Per battle might be neat but it'd be a little too often. Ultimately to make CW more fun, it needs 1) a goddamn purpose, 2) a distinction between faction and merc units, 3) fewer camping assault mechs hiding in the shrubbery next to turrets, 4) more dynamic "drop off" points, 5) more dynamic turret locations, 6) actual missions, 7) different stages of victory/defeat,...

Actually I could go on for a long time. First and foremost CW needs less "meta," and for that the drop weights need to be more dynamic.

Impossible here...that would require forethought and coding prowess.

Plus, how does that help them sell more mechs?

#14 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

I'll take "Crap that won't matter" for $400.00, Alex.

#15 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

Pretty soon, the term "combat light" will be extinct in cw...

#16 Kotev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

It won`t help even if they increase to 300 tons. Problem is that with recent Is buffs and Clan nerfs, IS has slight advantage over Clan and every expirience player will want to max his potential so 90% went IS. All new people is going to Clan becouse of its attractivnes and cool looks so there is big skill lvl difference at the moment. This is all from PUG world perspective but unit premades also follow the same line. THE only way to correct this is to buff clan mechs at IS lvl and make dropdeck tonnage same.

#17 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 106 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:35 PM

Seems legit, PGI seal of approval Posted Image

http://es.tinypic.com/r/219110j/9

My only guess, 4vs4 game mode is coming.

#18 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

Does this fall under the heading of "Too late to matter?"

Also, I have standard engines in my IIC mechs and they...are very bad.

#19 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 January 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

I love how he's pretty much ALWAYS right. Not THINKS he's right, but IS right. Ain't that neat?

TL;DR- ^^^THIS

#20 MadnessHero86

Rookie

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:57 PM

When everyone is saying lower DS tonnages in general and they raise Clans we be like...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users