Hot-Fix Scheduled For February 22nd At 2PM PST/10PM UTC

65 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
We will be rolling out a hot-fix today, Monday February 22nd, scheduled for 2:00 PM PST [10PM UTC], with the following fixes:
• Fixed an issue where all Accel/Decel and Turn Rate Quirks were not functional (full details below). • Fixed an issue with certain 'Mechs where the firing delay caused by a closed weapon door could apply even when the door was open. • Fixed an issue where cycling through 'Mechs as a Spectator could cause other Specators to also cycle through 'Mechs.
That first one requires some explanation.
During an investigation into reported issues with the behavior of Acceleration/Deceleration and Turn Rate Quirks we discovered a more significant problem was at play. In the December 1st balance pass the original three-tier Low/Mid/High system for handling Accel/Decel Quirks was transitioned to a single ‘All’ system, both to reduce the number of Quirks per-'Mech and to make the Quirk entry system more efficient.
As a result of this change there were two sets of Quirk builds in our internal version control system. We used a method for consolidation that allowed us to enter just one value for each of the Acceleration and Deceleration Quirks, instead of needing to add separate values for each of the Low, Mid, and High speed tiers. The tier system was technically still in place, but the consolidation method treated them as ‘All’ Quirks, and the client only checked against those ‘All’ values.
Unfortunately this consolidation method was only added to the internal test builds. It was not brought into the main build. As a result the Quirk system functioned correctly during testing, but when everything was pulled into the main build for live release the ‘All’ consolidation system wasn’t utilized. This caused any and all Acceleration, Deceleration, and Turn Rate Quirks to become non-functional, for every 'Mech that had such Quirks.
Todays hot-fix is correcting that issue. All Acceleration/Deceleration and Turn Rate Quirks will now be active. Any ‘Mechs with these Quirks will now behave correctly, according to the values displayed in their current Quirk list.
We realize this will likely have a clear effect on how matches play out, as a large number of ‘Mechs on the battlefield will see a sudden increase to their mobility. We will closely monitor the result of these changes and make adjustments as needed.
We sincerely apologize for this oversight. We are taking steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
The maximum estimated downtime required for this hot-fix will be approximately 30 minutes.
When services are restored you will be required to apply a small patch.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

Oh.
I wondered why my Quickdraw was handling like arse.

#3 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

Oooo - okay, might have to go back and play some underperforming mechs, then. See if they fell under this umbrella.

Thanks for the patch!

#4 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

Holy smokes. Tons of mechs not benefitting from their mobility quirks for 3 months? We all thought it was just the skill tree getting chopped for Steam.

I look forward to some aggressive corner peeking tonight.

#5 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

Well, I think everyone's going to be combing through their mechbays looking for those quirks to try out after this patch. I guess this will also affect the Timber's negative mobility quirks?

#6 veedubfreak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

Ahahahaha. The level of incompetence that this company has is staggering. I wonder what would happen if this wasn't Battletech. Oh right, it would go like Transverse.

#7 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

My name is BanditB17 and this is my favorite hotfix in the Inner Sphere!

#8 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

Good to hear about the weapon doors. I was playing the pult C1 and couldn't figure out why the delay was happening with the doors open last night.

#9 Igor Kozyrev

• WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

So we basically had no certain quirks for god knows how long and nobody cared about this. Doesn't it tells something about how useful those quirks are?

#10 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

HELLO PGI...I LOVE THE FLAMER....the OLD FLAMER I mean.

The visual for the NEW FLAMER is NOT GOOD. Actually it looks like CRAP!!! I miss my WW2 looking style FLAME THROWER FLAMER. Please CHANGE it back. I also like Blinding the Enemy. People complain it is blinding....well they are a bunch of WHIMPS!!! OHHH NOOO I Can't SEE because of the Flamer. These people should play ANGRY BIRDS or something.

Another item that needs to be fixed....ASSAULT MODE....Bases needs their OWN GUNS. Every ASSAULT MODE seems like it is a game filled with COWARDS...yes....YELLOW BELLY COWARDS who just want to sit on the base and get a WIN.

THIS IS MECHWARRIOR, SO FIGHT!!!! DIE HONORABLY WITH GUNS BLAZING IN COMBAT!!!!

Lastly, why do these mechs have hands...I mean...let these MECH HANDS have a function. Maybe give other Mechs the "Bird".

Finally Lastly...Still holding out for a 16 weapon Atlas with Machine Guns or Flamers (WW2 type).

I do like the Kodiak and contemplating on buying.

#11 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:53 PM

I was leveling up Orions, so there was no way I could figure that out. They are too slow.

#12 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:59 PM

Speaking of things that don't work. When are you guys going to get around to fixing the TAG and NARC in training ground and the academy? They don't work and haven't for a long time. Go into the live server and tag or NARC one of the dummy mechs. Nothing happens.

#13 Venshaw Kerensky

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Thank you for this!

"We sincerely apologize for this oversight. We are taking steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again."

#14 Fulgar

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:21 PM

View Postveedubfreak, on 22 February 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Ahahahaha. The level of incompetence that this company has is staggering. I wonder what would happen if this wasn't Battletech. Oh right, it would go like Transverse.

Perhaps the best move for you, since you are obviously perfect is to move on from MWO. You bring nothing positive to the game or bottom line.

Good bye.

Thanks,
Fulgar

#15 Clementine

• PipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:25 PM

I wonder how much coffee was consumed and sleepless nights were spent going through that code trying to get it to match up. That's hardcore. Thank you for the fix.

#16 Sickbot

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

wow

#17 wicm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:27 PM

Keep up the good work PGI your doing well in a hard genre. EXCEPT Capquest...that is just bad!!

#18 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

View PostClementine, on 22 February 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

I wonder how much coffee was consumed and sleepless nights were spent going through that code trying to get it to match up. That's hardcore. Thank you for the fix.

As a programmer myself, I could answer this question.

Could... but you don't deserve it!

Edited by GenJack, 22 February 2016 - 02:28 PM.

#19 Kahnza

Rookie

• 6 posts

Hurry up with the servers! I need my fix!

#20 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Nice!
I thought I was just crazy when I was using my mechs after the skills tree got a nerf. Movement felt a lot slower than the changes made.

Glad we're getting some mobility back. Should bring some mechs back up the speed (hyuk hyuk hyuk)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users