Hot-Fix Scheduled For February 22nd At 2PM PST/10PM UTC

65 replies to this topic

#61 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 23 February 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

All those poor mechs that got hit by the skill tree nerfs and didn't get mobility quirks feel even sadder now.

Yeah, but the skill tree was nerfed so new players would not have to grind XP as long to be on the same level as veterans ;-)

#62 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

I've been railing against the agility nerfs because all of my "agile Mechs" like my QKDs and CN9s handle like dogs now.

Nice to know that was not the intention, although it's also frustrating that there's yet another goof on a grand scale.

Thanks for fixing PGI! Now to take my Mechs out of deep storage, dust them off, and see how they play.

#63 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 23 February 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

Yeah, but the skill tree was nerfed so new players would not have to grind XP as long to be on the same level as veterans ;-)

I'm well aware of why they did it, but where I take issue is with them giving out mobility quirks to some mechs and not others to make up for that change. If they were going to add quirks to make up for the changes for some mechs they should have done it for all, and now that the quirks are actually working the mechs that didn't get any quirks are at a much larger disadvantage.

#64 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

So, I took my HBK-4SP (turn 40%, torso 35%, a/d 60%),and GHR-5H (turn 15%, torso 35%, a/d 35%) for test drives today. No noticeable difference. Are the rest of you seeing noticeable difference for the ones with quirks over 35%?

#65 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 23 February 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

I'm well aware of why they did it, but where I take issue is with them giving out mobility quirks to some mechs and not others to make up for that change. If they were going to add quirks to make up for the changes for some mechs they should have done it for all, and now that the quirks are actually working the mechs that didn't get any quirks are at a much larger disadvantage.

The problem is that in BATTLETECH all Mechs are not equal and were never intended to be equal or "balanced", so PGI has the near impossible task of creating game " balance " while still having MWO vaguely resemble "A BATTLETECH GAME".

Edited by IronClaws, 23 February 2016 - 03:26 PM.

#66 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostIronClaws, on 23 February 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

The problem is that in BATTLETECH all Mechs are not equal and were never intended to be equal or "balanced", so PGI has the near impossible task of creating game " balance " while still having MWO vaguely resemble "A BATTLETECH GAME".

True, but then they don't need to have the same numbers for the quirks across the board to provide some of those differences. However, giving no mobility quirks at all is unacceptable given the previous baseline that was created by the old skill trees. Ever since they made the changes to the skill trees all of the mechs have felt sluggish to me, and now we find out the reason they all felt that way was the quirks, but the mechs that don't have them while no worse than they were after the skill tree changes are significantly worse off than they were with the hot fix. I can't even begin to understand the reasoning some mechs got what they got when others didn't. With the quirks I love how the Atlas feels now, but honestly why is the Atlas given its size getting mobility quirks that significant when other lighter assault mechs got little to nothing in regard to mobility?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users