#41 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

If we're going with Dragoon exclusives, I want Marauder IIs and Light Fusion engines ;)

#42 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:47 PM

Ready your April Fools troll PGI, don't disappoint

#43 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostRampage, on 29 March 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

I find nothing interesting or mentally taxing about stepping into the open and pushing one button then twisting or ducking into cover a second so I can push that same button again. Dumbed down? That is about as dumbed down as a game can get. The same people that love that play style are the ones that want respawn so the game truly can become a clone of every other FPS shooter out there. Push button, push button, die, respawn, run back in, push button, push button, rinse and repeat.

I have no issue with alphas as long as there are negative consequences for abusing them. Then you have to "think" about the ramifications of playing a one button game. I want to see a system that makes you use your head for something other than being a headset holder. I am hopeful that whatever PGI comes up with is a big improvement over what is in place now.

I will be listening Friday night for some clues.

Stepping out and alphaing then hiding might work in the solo queue, but there is a great deal of thought that goes into when and where to do that when the opposing team is at a certain level.

And no, that isn't what I want. I want a game where strategy, tactics, and thoughtful play are of the utmost importance.

Push button push button die sounds like what will happen if the face tank chainfire crowd get what they want.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 29 March 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#44 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

When will we have new IS Tech for the Loyalists that are currently fighting with the minimum tech?

When will the physics return for collisions and potentially punch and kick attacks?

#45 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 29 March 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

When will we have new IS Tech for the Loyalists that are currently fighting with the minimum tech?

????

#46 DefyingReality

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

View PostBig Jeka, on 29 March 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

There will be new mechs without packs and pre-order (how long ago promised Flea)?

When IS assauty come to fight Kodiak:

Annihilator
Devastator
Pillager?

If we're taking nominations for the next IS assault mech, I'd like to give a nod to the Cyclops.

#47 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostDefyingReality, on 29 March 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

If we're taking nominations for the next IS assault mech, I'd like to give a nod to the Cyclops.

The Cyclops was all about targeting and since every mech in the game can share targets without any special equipment, then the Cyclops would just be a weak mech in MWO.

#48 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 March 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

The Cyclops was all about targeting and since every mech in the game can share targets without any special equipment, then the Cyclops would just be a weak mech in MWO.

Infotech OP! More likely it would just get ECM (yay)

#49 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

I partially agree with that.

Yes, the Cyclops doesn't have anything new to add.

Would it be weak? That depends on the quirks (and sure, it would need very good quirks).

Call me nuts, but for the next IS assault mech (after the Longbow in its Project Phoenix II, of course) I'm looking forward for the Charger. It has all kind of variants, from ultra-fast laser boats to slow, mixed weapons, heavy armed assault. And it can look good.

#50 Fractis Zero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, Canada

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:40 PM

Anyone else fund it funny they are doing a Townhall on April Fool's?

#51 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:41 PM

Jesus, they didn't even wait til the actual Town Hall before saying, "Hey guyz, wanna buy a mechpack???"

#52 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

Most importantly Urbanmech Anniversary! Raise your trashcans people! Posted Image

Posted Image

Come one PGI blow my brains out with something Awesome. Posted Image

#53 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostOdanan, on 29 March 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

I partially agree with that.

Yes, the Cyclops doesn't have anything new to add.

Would it be weak? That depends on the quirks (and sure, it would need very good quirks).

Call me nuts, but for the next IS assault mech (after the Longbow in its Project Phoenix II, of course) I'm looking forward for the Charger. It has all kind of variants, from ultra-fast laser boats to slow, mixed weapons, heavy armed assault. And it can look good.

The Charger would not bring much to the game that you can not already do with the Dragon, although it will be scaled as small as a medium mech because that is the trend with the latest light-heavies.

I would recommend the Gallowglas, but it would be nearly identical to the Black Knight. The Guillotine might work out, although it was pretty much just added to the game when the Warhammer became unseen.

Edited by Ed Steele, 29 March 2016 - 06:42 PM.

#54 Moebius1

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

Mechbay sale please.

#55 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:59 PM

View Postginger, on 29 March 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Are the fins/pylons/whatever on the Phoenix Hawk going to be destructible like the Archer's doors? I mean for real those things stick quite a ways up past the cockpit/shoulders, and if they register as any kind of torso hit box this mech is going to be screwed! Many (hopefully) most pilots roll and shield to spread damage with their arms and that won't do diddly squat if everyone just aims high and hits torso no matter what direction the mech is facing.

I've been wondering about this for awhile, and if there's been any chatter about it I missed it!?!?!

Come on, look at this thing for pete's sake! Don't get me wrong I LOVE the art design as always, but I don't want to get a pile of broken mechs because of something like this.

Spoiler

I'm hoping they get their own hit boxes with, say, 10 points of "structure". Gets nicked by a laser? Texture changes to represent that. Takes an AC/20 round? Gets blow clean off. In neither circumstance, though, should the actual torso beneath take damage.

#56 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 29 March 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

ECM, Beagle and Command Console. Posted Image

#57 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

Just post it rather than doing a town hall. Save yourself 3 hours Russ.

#58 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:32 PM

View Postshopsmart, on 29 March 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Hoping for another joke mech like urbie... pirahna. 12 MGs of uselessness... untill there is no armor...

A Clan Light Battlemech which stock moves 151 KPH with a no heat 9.6 DPS against armor + potentially an additional 21 DPS point alpha every 4.15 seconds from lasers and a potential 1 second take down against any unarmored component, including a 100 ton Mechs CT,
In MWO the Piranha would be no joke.

View PostEd Steele, on 29 March 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

The Charger would not bring much to the game that you can not already do with the Dragon, although it will be scaled as small as a medium mech because that is the trend with the latest light-heavies.

the Charger is an 80 ton assault, if it is scaled like a Medium I would be rather surprised

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 30 March 2016 - 01:23 AM.

#59 Overlord Neb

• PipPipPip
  • Ironclad
  • Ironclad
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:57 PM

When can we finally expect the Bushwhacker?

#60 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:33 AM

Urban mech IIC!!!

Dont let me down PGI !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users