#61 Erdelmaine RANDIS

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 46 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:44 AM

View PostGhazzy, on 29 March 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

When can we finally expect the Bushwhacker?
As the Bushwacker was introduced 3054, you will have to wait at least 2 YEARS ( as we are currently still in the timeline before the battle of Tukkayid Posted Image !

I also would like to have the Urbanmech IIC Posted Image

Edited by Erdelmaine RANDIS, 30 March 2016 - 01:45 AM.

#62 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

Well, we could technically "capture" a bunch of MDDs and get a few prototypes in return ;)

How about making this a community event, the objective being to kill say 50k MDDs (No idea on a good volume, don't have any kind of statistics)? Or can we even filter kills where only the STs were taken off? Just so the CT is preserved and we can study it... you know, for science!

Bushwacker!

#63 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 30 March 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

Well, we could technically "capture" a bunch of MDDs and get a few prototypes in return Posted Image

How about making this a community event, the objective being to kill say 50k MDDs (No idea on a good volume, don't have any kind of statistics)? Or can we even filter kills where only the STs were taken off? Just so the CT is preserved and we can study it... you know, for science!

Bushwacker!

in theory that sounds like a good idea but in practice? would you pilot a Mad Dog if it was the primary target? I certainly would not and I doubt many other people would unless there was a significant incentive for doing so, along the lines of double earnings if you use a Mad Dog during that event

#64 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:46 AM

Questions about 'quality of life':

will we have an icon for open/closed missile bays?
will be able to sell special mechs?
will we have have icons showing the installed modules on mechs?
implementing ctrl+arrows and ctrl+shift+arrows to move over/copy words in the chat.
will we have a class% indicator PER server rather than a global one?
will we be able to level up mech skills from the loadout page?
when selling omnipods, will we be able to tell the hardpoints they have?
mechbay-like GUI for selling items and for mech skills?

Edited by Gattsus, 01 April 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#65 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

they're so spoilin the scorpion :)

#66 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:59 AM

I have but two questions to ask...

"Will we ever have Mech Bays available for , preferably with a price of 50,000,000 for each as to never devalue purchase through ???"

...and...

"Will there ever be more -purchasable Paint Colors, as to provide a greater early variety of newly-painted first-purchase Mechs?"

... as these would definitely help with the curve for newer players, and potentially make the game more appealing to a point that PGI gets a larger paying player base. ;)

As for these.......

View PostFractis Zero, on 29 March 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

Anyone else fund it funny they are doing a Townhall on April Fool's?

View PostPolkastein, on 29 March 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Just post it rather than doing a town hall. Save yourself 3 hours Russ.

That choice of date? They might as well scratch the Town Hall altogether. It would be worse than a bad joke to do on 'April 1st', a.k.a. 'April Fools'. In my rather dismal opinion, nobody would ever believe PGI, just because it was that day. -_-

View PostMoebius1, on 29 March 2016 - 06:46 PM, said:

Mechbay sale please.

You've been posting this now on several threads. We've heard enough. Please shut up. Heck, I'm posting about -purchasable Mech Bays just because I want you quiet! :(

~D. V. "Getting a headache..." Devnull

[Edit by author for a missed thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 30 March 2016 - 04:01 AM.

#67 digitalMe

• Pip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:13 AM

We don't need new mechs or minor improvements to weapons. I guess most of the more experienced players are waiting for fundamental changes to the gameplay of Community Warfare (e.g. 4vs4, incentive system to motivate the MWO veterans). And that's what the town hall and this thread should be all about...

Edited by digitalMe, 30 March 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#68 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:07 AM

Guardian and Flea: unleash the 15-tonners!

#69 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:13 AM

1. Any news on Crytek V-Engine?

2. Has there been any legal actions from Harmony Gold since the release of the Classic Mechs?

3. How are plans going for a revamp of the skills system? I still feel, there is a lot of wasted potential. Skills could be role specific skill-trees. It would even flush some Money in, when Reskills could be done by MC only. I even work everything out for you guys. I have a ton of ideas and the original system is vastly outdated and even has still meaningless placeholders in it. Also there could be finally an implementation of better modulse. Most are utterly useless.

Edited by WintermuteOmega, 30 March 2016 - 05:15 AM.

#70 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 30 March 2016 - 03:31 AM, said:

in theory that sounds like a good idea but in practice? would you pilot a Mad Dog if it was the primary target? I certainly would not and I doubt many other people would unless there was a significant incentive for doing so, along the lines of double earnings if you use a Mad Dog during that event

I did not go into motivation for MDD drivers, but we could surely come up with something... grab bag event for MDD drivers? 2 MC per drop? Double earnings also sound like a good idea... Sure, you need to balance both sides of the equation, otherwise it does not work.

The general idea just struck me as a good theme for an event and a good motivation to actually drop if the reward is right... perhaps we could get more events which produce a reward for participants, if a global goal is fulfilled?

Also, for the next grab bag event - how about at least double draws (and I believe triple would be fair) per FW drop? I did not do any FW drops as it just did not pay off for me - I barely had the time to get all bags for the public queue - and the matches just come much quicker and do not last that long for pug drops. By doing FW drops I would be basically punishing myself.

#71 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 29 March 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

The official

STFU ABOUT THE STUPID HATCHETMAN, DAWNSTEALER

Package!

GIVE ME A SUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN IS THE SUNDER?

HOW ABOUT THIS SUN...DER...DAY?!

#72 Viken

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:12 AM

Obligatory update request for:

Private Lobby Only / 2 Premium Time Required / NOT A SEPARATE QUEUE - Stock Mode Only button?

Urbyderby awaits this glory.

#73 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:15 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 March 2016 - 06:37 PM, said:

The Charger would not bring much to the game that you can not already do with the Dragon, although it will be scaled as small as a medium mech because that is the trend with the latest light-heavies.

I would recommend the Gallowglas, but it would be nearly identical to the Black Knight. The Guillotine might work out, although it was pretty much just added to the game when the Warhammer became unseen.

Except for the speed, the Charger is completely different from the Dragon.
First, it is a 80 tonner (thus, assault mech).
Secondly, the Dragon has the same basic scheme (ballistics + energy + missile) for all variants... Charger has a lot of variation.
Thirdly, Charger will probably become a nasty brawler, while the Dragon is more like a flanker/skirmisher/fire support mech.

Gallowglas = indeed similar to the Black Knight;
Guillotine = unfortunately, very similar to the Grasshopper.

#74 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:20 AM

View PostAleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, on 30 March 2016 - 01:33 AM, said:

Urban mech IIC!!!

Dont let me down PGI !!!

Indeed, this would be the right time to announce the UrbanMech IIC, because of the historic of UrbanMechs and April Fools...

#75 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostOdanan, on 30 March 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

Indeed, this would be the right time to announce the UrbanMech IIC, because of the historic of UrbanMechs and April Fools...

Then again, we kept that Urbie thread alive for a couple years until they released it ferreals. :D

Which reminds me - time to bump the Urbie thread.

#neverforget

#76 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:22 AM

Clans? Guass rifle?(shouldn't explode if we have to charge it) LRM roles? Ghost heat? PPC speeds? LRms reduced to their BT range of 630?

on another note WHERE"S MY CLAN LOCUST THE FIREMOTH!?!?!

New side specific weapons for clan and IS?

ATM/light guass

IS omnis? (So their worse than clan omnis still would be nice to see some eveneness as far as omnitech)

LAMS?.

Edited by KursedVixen, 30 March 2016 - 07:26 AM.

#77 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

Can't wait to see what mayhem they unleash on 1st April...

#78 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

Can you please rework LRMs having a direct fire and indirect fire mode?

In MWO LRMs are always flying indirectly and always need a lock on regardless of line of sight.

This is an impractical implementation as LRMs do not have a longer targetting time than other weapons (LRM, SRM, Lasers, ACs etc. all can be fired in one TT round iirc ca. 6 seconds).

I would love to get direct fire mechanism for LRMs having line of sight without targetting time, flying to the target in a direct line. And maybe only allow indirect fire without line of sight when a friendly mech specially locks on an enemy mech by some kind of low tech TAG without the real TAGs bonuses.

By this LRMs would stop beeing feared by low tier players and stop beeing useless for competitive play.

E.g.: Implement an indirect fire mechanism that needs a friendly mech to hold lock for example using a "low tech" TAG variant that every mech has (0tons/0slots - without the real TAGs bonuses). Also the spotting mech using the low tech TAG may not fire any of its own weapons. If I remember correctly this is how indirect fire works lore wise. I also could imagine a command rose popping up while targetting a locked on mech for indirect fire, allowing the indirect firing mech to chose which spotters lock on he wants to use. Vice versa the friendly scout mech could get information which players are using his lock on, to reward and encourage team play.

As said a big portion of the problems LRMs cause to new players is that any LRM mech can fire at any radar target indirectly way to easy. But thats just due to the wrong implementation. By the proposals mentioned above LRMs would no longer scare new players and become playable in the competitive environment at the same time.

Also related Problem 1: ECM does not affect LRMs! It does negate the Artemis bonus - but it does not impair standard LRMs at all!

Also related Problem 2: TAGs are made to be invisible. Having shiny red TAG lasers reduces the role warfare aspect of scout mechs to absurdity, as they imidiately give away their carefully aquired position.

I mean we got the Archer, so it should be time for correct implementation of LRMs right? Posted Image

Edited by Ryoken, 30 March 2016 - 09:17 AM.

#79 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:05 AM

Phoenix Hawk Specific Questions:
  • Any chance of us being able to upgrade the PHX-1b to a PHX-1b(S)?
  • Will the Phoenix Hawk reinforcements (PHX-2 and PHX-3S) have any other content beyond early access to the chassis?
  • What does a PHX-R offer than a PHX-1(S) can't do?
  • What does a PHX-KK offer than a PHX-1(S) can't do?
  • The PHX-R lists the left arm as mounting an MPL, MG, and twin SRM4. We can assume the MPL and MG will occupy the usual mounts. Where will the missile launchers go? Can we expect shoulder mounts, blended into the arm (like the Archer) or giant lego boxes hanging off the forearm?
  • Follow up to above - would the launchers fit better in the LT instead of LA?
  • The PHX-KK lists a large and small beam weapon in each arm. Will it carry a second 'rifle'?
  • On the PHX-1b, will the ERLL be mounted 'over the shoulder' like certain unseen source materials?
  • With all Phoenix Hawks having pretty similar hard points, what can we expect from the various chassis and heroes to differentiate them from each other?
  • The Marauder and Warhammer launched pretty strong; the Rifleman less so, and the Archer seems weaker still. Should potential PHX pack buyers be concerned about a trend towards less and less powerful machines for the same pre-order dollars?
  • What, if anything, can be done to increase the perceived value 20$ pre-order packs which only deliver less powerful, less popular light and medium 'mechs? Additional camo? Free decals? An extra variant?
  • Any chance of doing anything to make the 'Ultimate pack' any additional value beyond just getting everything with a single button-click?
General Newseen pack questions:
  • Will we see the Crusader? Wasp? Stinger? Valkyrie? Longbow? Marauder II?
  • Any chance of bundling the Wasp and Stinger together, as 20 tonners are challenging chassis to make competitive both on the battlefield and as perceived pack value?
  • What are PGI's thoughts on the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, and Phoenix Hawk sharing parts/assets in order to keep costs down?
  • Does PGI intend to make the Ostsol/Ostroc? Ostscout?
  • If the light 'mechs of the series are released (Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie) will they also be a 20$ pre-order for three chassis, much as the previous packs were priced?
Archer Questions:
  • Any chance that the ARC-2R will get a 4th M hardpoint?
  • LRM20 racks are inferior to lighter LRM15 racks which are seriously inferior to lighter LRM10 and LRM5 racks. (which really hurts the low hardpoint 2R and T Archers) Will PGI be doing anything to remedy the fact that the biggest, heaviest LRM rack in the game is also the worst in cooldown, highest heat, and has a gigantic spread?
  • Any further balance changes to Archer quirks?
General Gameplay:
  • Anything ever happening with the Command Console?
  • What ever happened to Infowar?
  • Any chance of getting a Stock Mode?
  • Any chance of getting CW Seasons (3025, 3050, etc) that reset regularly?
  • Will we ever get a new pilot skill tree?

Edited by Malleus011, 30 March 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#80 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

If i wanted to listen to someone talk about nothing for 3 hours I'd call my mom. Sorry Russ, 1.5 hour of the last one almost killed me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users