• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

Hey all!!!

Wonder if im the only one that have trouble with the tournament client. It install with no error but as soon as i try to launch it crash! OS language problem!!? begin to wonder.

System running windows 10 in french...

any help will be appreciated.

Alderic Marsden [NTCR]

#2 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

I have same with Finnish windows 7.

#3 Max Vebaneta

• Pip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:45 PM

I have an issue where it's telling me I have no network to connect to. I can connect to the normal game just fine.

#4 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:52 PM

working as intended™

I have the same issue as Max

#5 zaku2142

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostMax Vebaneta, on 26 May 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

I have an issue where it's telling me I have no network to connect to. I can connect to the normal game just fine.

View PostJDH4mm3r, on 26 May 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

working as intended™

I have the same issue as Max

Same issue here as well

#6 deathlord

• PipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

On my first run after install, the mwoclient.exe was quarantined by Avast. I was able to restore it and add it to exclusions. Getting the connection error on login, now ("A network error occurred. Please check your internet connection.")

Already tried adding a windows firewall exception. Win8.1.

#7 KahnWongFuChung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:08 PM

The tournament is a scam the only ones that will be in it or finalists will be the hackers PGI wants to win the money and then tell them they must be share holders and reinvest the money back into PGI.HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 mrpetzold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:20 PM

I am unable to run it aswell. I get the windows message "XXX has stopped working"

#9 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostMax Vebaneta, on 26 May 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

I get the same network error issue as a couple other people reported.

It would be nice to hear if someone has successfully logged in.

#10 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:12 PM

Think of it like the test server and client......

We get the client, then will only be able to log in to it when the tournament server is running.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.... Tournament server is not live yet. Makes a whole lot of sense.

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 26 May 2016 - 08:12 PM.

#11 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

Ok, login issues are just due to the servers not being online yet (which they are now, so that problem should be gone).

As for the problems running the client, that might actually take some back-and-forth to figure out. First question is a simple one, though: are you able to run the normal "main" version of MWO?

Also, just going to toss this out because it's probably going to be asked: the most common problem with the MWO Portal not running is likely to be that you don't have the correct version of .NET installed. Sorry about that, I'll be fixing the installer along the way to install all the prerequisites. For now, though, here's the link to the correct .NET installer:
https://www.microsof...s.aspx?id=42643

The proper version is 4.5.2. If you already have this (or a higher version of .NET 4.x) installed, then there must be something else going on, and I'd greatly appreciate it if you could provide some details about your issue.

Sorry, for the Tournament release we're kinda taking advantage of the fact that the user base is a smaller subset and testing out the new Portal, so I truly apologize if it's causing you any issues. Rest assured, we will get you up and running well before the actual MWO Tournament starts. And, if you're already up and running, feel free to launch some matches, we want to be sure everything is in place and working as soon as we can. (Yes, we did test everything in-house, but that's a very limited test).

#12 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:17 PM

(One last thing - pretty sure it's private matches only on Tournament servers)

#13 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:31 PM

Same problem here. Right after start of MWO portal it crashes.
Running Win 10 professional german. Got the right version of .net and normal mwo client is running.
cid:FEFBE7BA1AFE4BB58819D45FD974A59E@dns

Edited by JayKay17, 26 May 2016 - 08:39 PM.

#14 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:12 PM

View PostJayKay17, on 26 May 2016 - 08:31 PM, said:

Same problem here. Right after start of MWO portal it crashes. Running Win 10 professional german. Got the right version of .net and normal mwo client is running.
[...]

Ok, so you're in the "Portal issues" pool. I'm going to try an update shortly to see if I can narrow things down a bit. I'm going to add in a very crude exception reader so that I can get a little more information about what's going on.

This raises a new point - the Portal auto-updates. So I guess we'll also be testing that on your system. As always, let me know if there are any problems with that.

#15 AngelusDD

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:33 PM

Well, first. Portal crashes for me also. Win7pro-64 German, .net 4.6.1
mwo runs normal.

edit (good point McAllister): i have not installed in the default folder, too.

error description:
No chance to click anything. the portal-screen shows up and crashes immediately.

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: MWO Portal.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 03: 5747d8cf
Problemsignatur 04: System
Problemsignatur 05: 4.6.1055.0
Problemsignatur 06: 563c0ff8
Problemsignatur 07: 363
Problemsignatur 08: 73
Problemsignatur 09: System.UriFormatException
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

second:
why is pgi using the members of the world championship as beta-testers for a new development?
at least i as a team captain have my hands full with all the regular (trainings, tactics) and irregular (private match schedule rearrangements) issues.
and i am sure, pgi has enough other things to sort out than having to hurriedly fix beta-software issues last minute.
i am not pleased that i, additionally, have to sort out "portal" software issues with my teammates.
instead i would want to train with my team in the final championship environment.

lets hope this issue is a one-time problem and fixed quickly.

Edited by AngelusDD, 26 May 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#16 Quincy McAllister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 118 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

The client dopes not startup properly on my computer and crashes (Win10 64bit). A proper .Net Version is already installed, the MWO Client is running normally (started via steam). I wondered which folder to use for installation. I decided for a new folder to avoid interference with the existing installation. Do you have a recommendation which folder to use?

What additional information will be helpful to you?

#17 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostAngelusDD, on 26 May 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

Well, first. Portal crashes for me also. Win7pro-64 German, .net 4.6.1 mwo runs normal. edit (good point McAllister): i have not installed in the default folder, too. error description: No chance to click anything. the portal-screen shows up and crashes immediately. second: why is pgi using the members of the world championship as beta-testers for a new development? at least i as a team captain have my hands full with all the regular (trainings, tactics) and irregular (private match schedule rearrangements) issues. and i am sure, pgi has enough other things to sort out than having to hurriedly fix beta-software issues last minute. i am not pleased that i, additionally, have to sort out "portal" software issues with my teammates. instead i would want to train with my team in the final championship environment. lets hope this issue is a one-time problem and fixed quickly.

I have a new build I will be deploying shortly that should help narrow down the issue. The reason the Tournament build is being released this early is primarily for setup issues just like this. I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience, if you would prefer to wait until this gets sorted out, we should be done by this weekend, at the latest. (Please don't take that as a snotty answer, I just mean that helping us out at this point is purely optional).

#18 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

Was having the same issues as the players above me, now it told me an update is available, it still crashes now, but with the following information: "Ungültiger URI: Der URI ist leer.", translation: "invalid URI: The URI is empty".
It also told me to tell you this ^^

Edited by Zarock, 26 May 2016 - 11:25 PM.

#19 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:21 PM

View PostQuincy McAllister, on 26 May 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

The client dopes not startup properly on my computer and crashes (Win10 64bit). A proper .Net Version is already installed, the MWO Client is running normally (started via steam). I wondered which folder to use for installation. I decided for a new folder to avoid interference with the existing installation. Do you have a recommendation which folder to use? What additional information will be helpful to you?

We've tested installing to various directories, on various drives, with and without "special" characters and not seen this particular problem. I have no advice, but I am curious if the auto-update is working. Have you gotten any of the updates I've published? I've published two tonight in the last hour or so.

#20 Alex Razorblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 201 posts
  • LocationRCW

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

Windows 10 x64 .net 4.6 (release 393295)

vs2015 debugger> UnhandledException System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException
occured in call System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(bla.bla.IdentityRefferenceCollection,bool)

upd: > .net upgraded to 4.6.1, portal autoupgraded. Exception is present

Edited by Alex Razorblade, 26 May 2016 - 11:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users