58 replies to this topic

#41 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

Making an event for an useless class is not derpy enough, they also have to sell us said useless class mechs. Yeah, going to run to spend MC on these jewels...

#42 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostBush Hopper, on 29 July 2016 - 02:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I am sure PGI will sell a lot of mechs considering...

1. in what poor state the light mech class is
2. that the event develops into a streak-fest killing all the fun

So run streaks yourself then. The Kit fox will hold 4 Streak-6s and 4 tons of ammo. That's 48 super accurate (if widely spread) damage every 5.28 seconds with a level 5 cooldown module. The adder can do it also. The Jenner IIC can hold six of the things if you fit a smaller engine, or use streak-4s, for the same net damage but nearly 9/10ths of a second faster cooldown.

#43 iippo

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:14 AM

can anyone confirm if the sale is only for individual mechs? Light mechs mastery packs are still normal price?

#44 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

Thanx for the sale PGI :) , however, I'm gonna have to pass this sale and all sales until I can stock up on mechbays on a mechbay sale... Seems like I blew most of my empty ones in that last medium sale :D

hf gh

#45 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

View Postiippo, on 31 July 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

can anyone confirm if the sale is only for individual mechs? Light mechs mastery packs are still normal price?

This has been said already. Mastery packs NEVER go on sale (they're already discounted 50% from the individual prices for the elements contained within). Not to mention its cheaper still to buy them using real dollars through the store on the website, not using MC in game. MC is useful more for camo, colors, decals, and individual mechs including heros and champions. When the Kodiaks release for MC in a few weeks for example, I can see folks buying JUST spirit bears, or KDK-3s, and possibly the 2 and 4 variants. The 1s and 5s are the least popular to be used.

Edited by Dee Eight, 31 July 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#46 iippo

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 31 July 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

This has been said already. Mastery packs NEVER go on sale (they're already discounted 50% from the individual prices for the elements contained within). Not to mention its cheaper still to buy them using real dollars through the store on the website, not using MC in game. MC is useful more for camo, colors, decals, and individual mechs including heros and champions. When the Kodiaks release for MC in a few weeks for example, I can see folks buying JUST spirit bears, or KDK-3s, and possibly the 2 and 4 variants. The 1s and 5s are the least popular to be used.

thank you for the answer. i dont spend too much time on the forums, i had no idea whether the mastery packs are ever sale at all.

ive actually already bought the clan pack and something else as well, but there are plenty interesting IS mechs, especially lights, which just arent in any packs atm. I believe there used to be some bigger IS pack in the past, do idea why it was removed.

#47 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostIbrandul Mike, on 28 July 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Oh but you can! You won't survive... but where there is life, there is hope Posted Image (I will call all my lights hope... just to be save Posted Image )

This sounds more to me like you're saying "Hope is Dead"? :P

View PostDee Eight, on 29 July 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

If you're hoping for some magical 150MC bay price event.... you have FIVE AND A HALF months till that happens so stop complaining/whining about it.

This is exactly a kind of complaining that I also wish people would stop doing already. The chances of getting such a '50% off, at 150 each' Mech Bay Sale from PGI very likely go down just slightly with every person that complains about it. :(

Although (and I'm not really trying to direct this part at you, Dee Eight), I can give PGI a really good idea... Make new Mech Bays also capable of being purchased for no less than '100 Million ' each. Mech Bays purchased with would still remain profitable for PGI, as the '-to- conversion value' will indicate purchasing with is still severely cheaper, and the grind to get 100 Million is rather massive anyway. However, creating a purchasing path will increase New Player Retention, because New Players will not be backed totally into a "You played this until your starting Mech Bays are full, Now pay or get out!" kind of feeling from being unable to develop a proper stable of Mechs while they're still learning MWO. Not having enough Mech Bays to start with as it is (Only Four to start, really? I'm lucky that I arrived during 'Faction Warfare, Phase 2' and got 6 of my bays from Achievements, or I probably wouldn't be here now!) has likely caused quite a few New Players to just get up and leave, feeling like they didn't have the ability to properly decide how much they liked MWO before they were getting hit with "Pay2Win Walls" (Hey, am I seeing this too, even though MWO was supposed to be capable of being considered "100% F2P"???) in the face over having enough room to have enough Mechs to actually play the game properly with. Of course, this idea of "Mech Bays for 100 Million each" wouldn't be useful/helpful, provided that PGI would finally implement "10 Bullet Points To Repair Faction Warfare", which covers a lot of problematic things that drove players away from MWO when the 'Faction Warfare, Phase 3' release happened, like the loss of true incentives to Contract/Loyalize anywhere. (It really feels now too much like all the Factions are now just mere flavors of "French Foreign Legion", overly punishing to people that connect up with any of them.) Unfortunately, the odds of either of these ideas happening are likely way too remote. -_-

View PostRuinarion, on 28 July 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

I would buy some lights if I had the mechbays. But as it is, I am saving up for a mechbay sale.

View Postpacifica812, on 31 July 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

Thanx for the sale PGI Posted Image , however, I'm gonna have to pass this sale and all sales until I can stock up on mechbays on a mechbay sale... Seems like I blew most of my empty ones in that last medium sale Posted Image

hf gh

You think Mech Bays are an issue? Try being at a lack of in your wallet! I almost didn't pick up a Light Mech from this sale that I did want, just because I lacked the to start with. Lemme tell you, scrounging like crazy to get barely enough to purchase and outfit my initial design loadout right onto one for immediate use wasn't any fun! <_<

~D. V. "Depressing Notes... I'm always trapped in them." Devnull

#48 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the event.

Got 3 Mist lynx and I'm about to get my first mechs elited. Had to sell Nova for mechbay but basicked it long time ago and didn't much like it, Shadow Cat much better medium mech.

#49 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

I ended up picking up three jenners (7D, Oxide and Champ), 3 cheetahs, another commando (the ECM capable one), a pirate's bane, and another kit fox of a type I already owned and mastered. Got the basic jenner to basic skills and then sold it. I don't particularly love the platform and so only wanted to own two of them, oxide and the champion.

#50 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 August 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

I ended up picking up three jenners (7D, Oxide and Champ), 3 cheetahs, another commando (the ECM capable one), a pirate's bane, and another kit fox of a type I already owned and mastered. Got the basic jenner to basic skills and then sold it. I don't particularly love the platform and so only wanted to own two of them, oxide and the champion.

Why the champion out of interest?

I added the adders and levelled them from scratch to almost entirely mastered as I always wanted to try them. My first clan lights tbh except the Jenner IIC's which I'm not that keep on.

#51 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

Now another event like this for Assault, please, need to buy a warhawk ;-)

Edited by invernomuto, 03 August 2016 - 01:53 PM.

#52 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostAramuside, on 03 August 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Why the champion out of interest?

I added the adders and levelled them from scratch to almost entirely mastered as I always wanted to try them. My first clan lights tbh except the Jenner IIC's which I'm not that keep on.

Because for relatively little MCs more than the non-champ version of the 7F thanks to the sale, you got a 300XL engine, double heat sinks, endo steel and FF armor.

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:29 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 03 August 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Hey, let's just wait a little while on that, alright? I think everyone's , , and $$$ wallets are all hurting from that last bunch of sales. :unsure:

~Mr. D. V. "There is no reason to keep hurting everyone's wallets so hard..." Devnull

#54 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:57 AM

For ****'s sake, you did a light sale while I was on holidays, damn you PGI =(

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 August 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:

Hey, let's just wait a little while on that, alright? I think everyone's , , and $$$ wallets are all hurting from that last bunch of sales. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "There is no reason to keep hurting everyone's wallets so hard..." Devnull

I have 42,000 MC and about 18 million C-bills....

#56 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 04 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 29 July 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Fun mechs, 16 tons of pod space in a 30 ton package means you can legitimately install Ultra or LBX-20s with ammo, or a Gauss Rifle, and still have a couple ERMLs with them along with actual armor and a mech that'll break 100. Try doing that in a IS light....

I own three (prime, S and D cores) and will likely buy a fourth while on sale just to build such a beast to keep permantly configured that way (the others are a triple AMS/ECM supporter, a high alpha MG/SRM skirmisher, and a ERLL sniper).

All teh Foxes are belong to me nao!

Also got a TDK - honestly, this is the third time I've bout the thing, it's just my least favorite Commando and I WILL master it was his time...

Edited by stealthraccoon, 04 August 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#57 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 04 August 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

Hey, let's just wait a little while on that, alright? I think everyone's , , and $$$ wallets are all hurting from that last bunch of sales. Posted Image

Dee, no need to bring the poor soul down even further, we all know by now, you're a whale Posted Image

D. V. it might be a good time to consider investing in some premium time ... just an idea...

Edited by pacifica812, 04 August 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 04 August 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

View Postinvernomuto, on 03 August 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

Eh, you're hurting for , because it usually takes up to 36 Million to purchase and outfit a Mech completely... But you're probably the exception for ... :wacko:

View Postpacifica812, on 04 August 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

D. V. it might be a good time to consider investing in some premium time ... just an idea...

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll pick some up from an Event or something. :mellow:

~D. V. "When it comes to & , I usually tend towards the conservative..." Devnull

[Edit by author for a formatting error.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 04 August 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#59 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:22 PM

no... because I pick mechs better and keep an inventory of parts for upgrading/building. For example, instead of merely buying the basic jenner 7F, I used the sale to get the champ version since it came pre-upgraded. Likewise I've been holding onto that 400XL they gave as a prize a few events ago, for the cyclops release this month as they can take 400 rating engines (and I early adopter ordered the full collection). And I have a 340XL sitting in storage for my next cataphract purchase, I just haven't decided yet whether to get a second 0XP and set it up with an LBX instead of the gauss my current one uses (with a 340XL) or get the one with the double missile hardpoints. Cata's with 340s run at 84.6 tweaked out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users