Trick Or Treat Iii Loot Bag Event

311 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

Trick or Treat III Loot Bag Event << Click the link for all the Details!

#2 shytallica

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

what are the details please.

#3 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Where is the Huncback from the main page? Posted Image And the Stormcrow from the tournament page?! Posted Image
So tricky! Posted Image
And you have separate event page for every faction subevent? Cool, love it!

Edited by Van mw, 25 October 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#4 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

View Postshytallica, on 25 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

what are the details please.

Click the link?

#5 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

This event is very much a hybrid of the old event system and the new event system with Prizes everywhere!

#6 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

Very nice!

#7 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

So the grand prize is about entirely useless if you bought the appropriate steam pack once?
Please don't do this!
Give us some crappy champion mech without a pattern as an alternative, at least...
(Hey, how a Mauler(C) or a Mist Lynx(C)?)

#8 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

Can reinforcement pack owners get another set of NCT-C/D omni-pods plz? Can we make those prizes or something, somehow? I'm dying with 5 Nova Cats and literally only two components with ballistic hardpoints.

#9 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Well, I think shipping out the old Steam performance pack as the grand prize, (well, at least half of the mechs of it) is super lame. I was really looking forward to getting something nice. But instead I get something I already own, (of those mechs many versions and I ran out of build ideas...) with a pattern I own and not even 91 skillpoints so I not have to skill them a second/third (clan/is) time again.
I hope there will be a sale of all mechs, so I can get some use out of my CB.

EDIT:
I would wish for a second Nightstar 9P or 9S, a third Banshee 3M.....something like that...

Edited by suffocater, 25 October 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#10 Terrorsdawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

Does this event mean there will be 7 active faction play buckets running all at the same time?

I hope it does.

#11 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

Can we have something different as a grand prize pls? It's mechs from an old steam pack, probably many people own these mechs. I mean not only S mechs but maybe a pattern, color or something else.

Edited by Rodrigo Martinez, 25 October 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#12 Corqund

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMagyarország

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Fos.

#13 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

Wow. Thanx Matt! Nice structure of the event. This is a "prizes all-around galore" event :D A ton of stuff topped off with a free mech at the end ... :)
A major thumbs up from me. Hope the faction play event runs smoothly, speaking of which... I haven't noticed any game mode related requirements, so I guess all FP game modes are eligible. Right ?

Thanx again, Matt!

#14 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

So if I own both these mechs I guess I just get another one? Can we please have a third option. Please thank you Bruno.

#15 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

Interesting details for this years halloween event...a little sad that there are no mechbays in the lootbags this year and that the color and pattern unlocks are missing from the "pick a prize" because that was pretty awesome (even though the color choices were severely limited last time)...this years grand prize is a little over-the-top though and would have me super excited...if I didn't already own both mechs. Oh well, free stuff is still free stuff I guess.

#16 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

I hate to be increasingly negative as of late.... but you tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Knowing all too well that events in general tend to tank Faction play participation (grab bag events especially) You actually thought it was a good idea to combine them by holding overlapping FP events with the grab-bag event? Seriously??

The basic mechanic of the Grab-bag event forces VOLUME of matches over length. Do we get extra grab bags for playing a 30 minute match vs a 15 minute match? No not likely. Sure maybe Scouting counts, but those matches go so quickly sometimes they may not count consistently.

So what's is going to happen? The FP event is going to suffer the most here. Why? Because for the first time in te history of the Grab-Bag event.... you decided to LOCK the Grand Prize behind a qualification condition of 150 qualifying matches. 150! Every grab-bag since their start the Grand Prize has been a 1 time random reward. Sooo what... did you expect people to flock to IS vs IS FP to round out their 150 matches of something?

I'm not even going to start on the fact that locking said Grand Prize behind the 150 qualifying condition only favors those who are buy packs. I travel a lot with work, so I look forward to the freebie bags because they had that chance for the Grand Prize. So basically, for the first time in any grab-bag event... I'm really not going to bother. Casual QP here and there when I can, but knowing that the Grand Prize is effectively behind a Pay-Wall or spending excessive time grinding QP matches, I'm once again encouraged to spend my time elsewhere.

Yea... good job with that. :/

Sorry for the rant, but lets not try to fix things that aren't broken just because there is a shiny new toy/tool to mess with the equation.

Edited by Darrious Quinn, 25 October 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#17 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 25 October 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I hate to be increasingly negative as of late.... but you tried to fix something that wasn't broken. Knowing all too well that events in general tend to tank Faction play participation (grab bag events especially) You actually thought it was a good idea to combine them by holding overlapping FP events with the grab-bag event? Seriously??

The basic mechanic of the Grab-bag event forces VOLUME of matches over length. Do we get extra grab bags for playing a 30 minute match vs a 15 minute match? No not likely. Sure maybe Scouting counts, but those matches go so quickly sometimes they may not count consistently.

So what's is going to happen? The FP event is going to suffer the most here. Why? Because for the first time in te history of the Grab-Bag event.... you decided to LOCK the Grand Prize behind a qualification condition of 150 qualifying matches. 150! Every grab-bag since their start the Grand Prize has been a 1 time random reward. Sooo what... did you expect people to flock to IS vs IS FP to round out their 150 matches of something?

I'm not even going to start on the fact that locking said Grand Prize behind the 150 qualifying condition only favors those who are buy packs. I travel a lot with work, so I look forward to the freebie bags because they had that chance for the Grand Prize. So basically, for the first time in any grab-bag event... I'm really not going to bother. Casual QP here and there when I can, but knowing that the Grand Prize is effectively behind a Pay-Wall or spending excessive time grinding QP matches, I'm once again encouraged to spend my time elsewhere.

Yea... good job with that. :/

Sorry for the rant, but lets not try to fix things that aren't broken just because there is a shiny new toy/tool to mess with the equation.

You are so right...

sorry to you Matt, but this time you f***** it up. No 10/10 for you so far,

#18 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

I was excited thinking we got a slash marks decal at first :/ but nope! (btw if you make one make it color-able please :)

#19 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

i just noticed this fine print under the special event pic .... and it looks like it's been there from the start of the new event web page
Note: Event data refreshed every minute

wow! ... it used the be once a hour. great job finding the server load issue with updating the web page after each match!

#20 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

1. I'm just excited for IS vs IS after a year+ of being the underdog. Honestly, that brings it to 9.6/10 in my book
2. Up the maximum bag per mode to 125 quick play and 75 faction (stop giving prizes after 150 total bags though)
3. Invasion mode should count for 3 bags. 50 invasions is 25 hours of play.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users