• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:39 AM

The title says it all to MWO/PGI: New MWO Revenue Stream: Champion Mechs with (new) CBills bonuses + XP bonuses

0. Currently very few players are using Champion mechs from what I've seen.
Feedback on forum seems that CBills bonus is by far the greatly valued trait in Hero/Special/Loyalty mechs.
ie: Champion mechs are languishing due to no CBills bonuses.

1. Proposal #1:
1a) Champion mechs for all current and future models of all chasis, both IS and Clan.
Champion mechs can only be sold by MC or real life money, bringing in revenue for MWO/PGI.
Champion mechs have (new) +20% Cbills bonus, along with its traditional +30% XP bonus.
(Champion mech variants same layout as the standard variant, as per past MWO practices).

eg: Kodiak KDK-3 vs KDK-3(C) Champion mech.
~KDK-3(C) fully skilled out @91 Skill points gives me no real benefits after fully skilled out, so why buy it with real MC/money?
~KDK-3: I'll rather buy KDK-3 with virtual CBills grinded form playing MWO instead.
~Does MWO/PGI see the loss in revenue here? Yet KDK-3 is a very popular mech.

eg: All existing mech models would also have Champion variant sold for MC/money, even if there's currently no Champion mech variant.
ie: Hunchback HBK-4P with laser vomit, standard variant, bought with virtual CBills. Give a new Champion variant with +20% CBills, and players may buy it with MC/money!
~Ditto for Catapault K2 laser vomit models.
~All standard variants would have a Champion variant, purchasable with MC/money.

1b) Reasoning:
~ +20% Cbills bonus in Champion mechs entices players to buy, especially if the favorite mech they are playing is only available in standard variant (no Champion variant).

~The proposed +20% C-Bills Champion Bonus is actually kindness with a hook--it also entices user to buy two (2) Civil War Ultimate Packages for that additional total of +10% C-Bills Bonus hanging/standing items. For a total of +30% CBills (ie: 20% Champion bonus + 10% hanging/standing item bonuses.

==>Since Champion mechs are the exact same layout as the standard variants, there's very little work involved for MWO in this proposal.

2) Proposal #2: Pay-to-Win (somwhat Machiavellian):

2a) Champion mechs come standard with new ECM hard point in center torso that is optional to use. (Again, there's very little work involved for MWO in this proposal). This causes an ECM arms race with MC/money in player base (see point (2b) below).

2b) Sell one (1) hanging item that counters ECM.
~Sell another one (1) standing items that counters ECM.
***Equipping both above hanging/standing items would more than defeat the Champion ECM bonus (or any ECM mech for that matter, such as Atlas AS7-D-DC).

2c) In effect, players playing missile boat mechs chasing Pay-to-Win (read: MC/money) might be sorely tempted to buy their favorite Champion variant, and also buy both hanging/standing items to defeat others' ECM.

2d) Would well-heeled players paying MC/money with Champion mechs + hanging/standing items ECM advantages put off too many free-to-play players in MWO? THis is the real question that MWO/PGI needs to ponder.

3) I'm not a fan of Pay-to-Win, but the motivation for Proposal #1 (and perhaps maybe Proposal #2) is to increase real money revenue to keep MWO servers going, to keep this MWO game afloat.

Edited by w0qj, 13 August 2020 - 08:48 AM.

#2 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 04:05 PM

Hope that Daeron Katz has time to look into this... that MANY popular mech variants being played does not have a C-Bills bonus to it. Perhaps a modified "Champion" class of +20% C-Bills and +30% XP Points (for mech only, not GXP) can be implemented as described above?

It's a win-win situation, with minimal coding: MWO gets more funds to secure its gaming future, and some players (like me) is willing to pay for these modified "Champion" class of +20% C-Bills and +30% XP Points!
Perhaps first available for real-life cash, then eventually available for MC (Mech Credits).

My personal shopping list:
MCII-B (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
FLE-20 (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
COR-7A (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
KDK-3 (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
AS7-D-DC (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
BAS-A (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
BAS-B (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
FNR-5B (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)
FNR-5 (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)<== not everyone can get (S) variant
ANH-1A (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP) <== not everyone can get (S) variant
KGC-000 (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP) <== not everyone can get (L) variant

~Oh, and may I propose that all existing Champion mechs such as KDK-3(C) be automatically upgraded to this modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP for free. Even if KDK-3(C) had already been purchased already by the player.

***Everyone feel free to add in your own favorite mech variant for modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +10% XP bonuses!

Edited by w0qj, 06 October 2020 - 04:12 PM.

#3 Delta503rd

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:58 PM

Here's a thought to mull ... develop a tier for Hero Mechs (only) to show proficiency in that mech class - upon reaching the top tier and filling the top tier rating bar, offer a visible symbol/decal for that mech and and all mechs of that mech type that the player owns. If the player becomes proficient in every mech, the title of "Senior Mech Pilot" or some such can be bestowed and a very individualized symbol/decal can be displayed on any mech he drives. Its a status only type of perk that I think serious mech pilots can identify with (kinda like the gold plated mechs but obviously much more meaningful). It would encompass a long standing relationship with the game, the skills required in all aspects of piloting, and require a monetary support for the game that it is currently lacking. I personally would stand in complete awe and respect of anyone who could accomplish such a feat. The opportunity to purchase any mech that has ever been in inventory might be a nice perk also.

#4 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 11:16 AM

I also wish to buy these mechs (turned into modified "Champion" or semi-Hero mechs) with MC or real money:

~MAD-9M
~HBR-Prime
~WHK-Prime

View Postw0qj, on 06 October 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Hope that Daeron Katz has time to look into this... that MANY popular mech variants being played does not have a C-Bills bonus to it. Perhaps a modified "Champion" class of +20% C-Bills and +30% XP Points (for mech only, not GXP) can be implemented as described above?

It's a win-win situation, with minimal coding: MWO gets more funds to secure its gaming future, and some players (like me) is willing to pay for these modified "Champion" class of +20% C-Bills and +30% XP Points!
Perhaps first available for real-life cash, then eventually available for MC (Mech Credits).

FNR-5 (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP)<== not everyone can get (S) variant
ANH-1A (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP) <== not everyone can get (S) variant
KGC-000 (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP) <== not everyone can get (L) variant

~Oh, and may I propose that all existing Champion mechs such as KDK-3(C) be automatically upgraded to this modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP for free. Even if KDK-3(C) had already been purchased already by the player.

***Everyone feel free to add in your own favorite mech variant for modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +10% XP bonuses!

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 05:25 PM

I also wish to buy these mechs (turned into modified "Champion" or semi-Hero mechs) with MC or real money:
~WHK-C(S) ==> Previously from Steam; no longer available
~TBR-C(S) ==> Previously from Steam; no longer available

...Also:
~MAD-9M
~HBR-Prime
~WHK-Prime

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:04 AM

Dear MWO, any plans to diversify your income stream by revamping the Champion mechs so that players would want to buy them?

Proposal #1:

1) Champion mechs for all current and future models of all chasis, both IS and Clan.
Champion mechs can only be sold by MC or real life money, bringing in revenue for MWO/PGI.
Champion mechs have (new) +20% Cbills bonus, along with its traditional +30% XP bonus.
(Champion mech variants same layout as the standard variant, as per past MWO practices).

Edited by w0qj, 06 June 2021 - 10:10 AM.

#7 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 19 February 2022 - 08:06 AM

1) Propose all Champion mechs to have: +20% CBills bonus, and +30% XP bonus
==>MWO/PGI gets recurring source of income
==>Players may be willing to pay for these also!
==>My own shopping list of Champion Mechs as below!

2) Thank you MWO for listening, by giving us:
https://mwomercs.com...-22february2022
BAS-A(C)
ANH-1A(C)
MAD-9M(C)
Flea chassis, FLE-17(C)
==>Guess I'll pony up MC when these Champion mechs are up for sale ;)

...MANY popular mech variants being played does not have a C-Bills bonus to it. Perhaps a modified "Champion" class of +20% C-Bills and +30% XP Points (for mech only, not GXP) can be implemented as described above?

BAS-A (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP) ==> Done; thank you for listening!
ANH-1A (modified Champion +20% C-Bills, +30% XP) ==> Done; thank you for listening!
...~MAD-9M ==> Done; thank you for listening!

#8 Be my Guest

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 01:28 AM

I am not totally convinced, what was proposed here.

That being said, the champion Mechs definitly are topic, that should be reconsidered by PGI.

I hope they will have the champions Mechs in mind, when they finally adress the skill tree.

I am really exited about the road map. But if there is nothing about skill tree in it, I probably will not bother to log into the game again.

#9 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 01:57 PM

Proposed for MWO 2022 Roadmap!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users