Casting call for new RP

291 replies to this topic

#21 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Let's see what I can come up with off the cuff.

Name: Barret Sender
Callsign: "Poison"
Alliegence: Black Widow Company (Off-shoot of Wolf's Dragoons)
Mech: VND-1R Vindicator

Known for ruthless efficancy, Barret followed closely behind Natasha Kerensky in several operations. He is a battlehardened warrior who know's who he is, what he is, and where he comes from. He's taken his reputation to heart, and revels in putting people in their place, which is often underneath the foot of his VND-1R Vindicator. It's often said of Barret that he enjoys killing too much, and if not for being kept on a tight leash, this sociopath would be just as much a danger to his unit as he is to his enemy.

What is not known to many is Barret is a trueborn clan warrior, who's blood comes from the Clan Widow Maker's absorbtion into Clan Wolf. He harbours resentment towards the Brothers Wolf, as well as Clan Wolf, but has learned to bend his way of thinking to that of a true mercenary, making him a fallen-angel in the eyes of his freeborn comrades. Though he abides by clan law (For as much as the Wolfs Dragoons can under their guise), he is quick to find little exploits that really do formulate his Mercenary status.

Still, his skills can not be denied, even among his peers. He would follow Natasha Kerensky into the void and beyond should she hint at the inkling to do so, who he views as a fellow Clanswoman of Widow Maker.

#22 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

View PostJoe Davion 86, on 06 April 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

I'm in brother,

Joe "DirtNap" Kurtz

Preferred 'Mech: Heavy Lights (Jenner, Raven) or Strike Mediums (BlackJack II, Enforcer)

As much as I love that mech meself, the BJII doesn't come into production until after the clan invasion.

#23 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Okay, here's some more information. With Durgan's help, we've decided on a more concrete direction where we'll take this story.

Era: 3044
Employer: Federated Commonwealth
Mission: Attacking Periphery pirates

Merc Unit:
The Blue Suns were created in 3040 in the wake of the War of 3039 by war veteran Felix Maan of the Federated Commonwealth. With a company of BattleMechs and supporting elements, the Blue Suns are adept at fast raids and headhunting missions. With this specialization, the mercenary unit is currently employed by the Federated Commonwealth and posted in the Periphery March, where their orders include hunting down and destroying several marauding pirate bands.

We'll begin the story with a briefing in a Dropship/base, which will give everyone the chance to introduce his or her character. We'll assume that most everyone has been in the unit for a little bit of time, so no one should be a total stranger.

Additionally, if you've listed several preferred Battlemechs, go ahead and choose one. I'm not too picky, though I'd like to see swift and agile designs that can foster the idea of a fast-striking force. (Atlases need not apply... :) )

I am planning on starting the IC thread next week or so. Real Life has been busy, what with my company losing a key contract because of politicking.

#24 MacabreDerek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Sorry to hear about the RL troubles. Glad you're focusing in on the RP setting and tone though :)

Blue Suns, Mass Effect refrence?

#25 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Okay to further the bio on Chris, he is also with Mac, on loan from the Black Widow company until further notice, though he is actually a Wolf, as for mechs, e pilots a Warhammer 6R, and though he is from Wolf, I think Mac and I can get along just fine.

Edited by guardian wolf, 07 April 2012 - 08:41 AM.

#26 Beorht

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Name: Ashin "Rev" Varanin
Mech: Rifleman 5D (2 large lasers, 2 ER PPCs, 2 medium lasers)
...and if I had more time, I'd provide more. But I'm in.

#27 Joe Davion 86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 269 posts
  • LocationCLT-NC

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostHanyit Greyhame, on 07 April 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

As much as I love that mech meself, the BJII doesn't come into production until after the clan invasion.

edited my previous post to reflect this lol

Edited by Joe Davion 86, 07 April 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#28 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm perfectly happy in a WLF-1 Wolfhound if a Black Knight's 64.8 is too slow. I'd be just as happy using the BK's advanced comm equipment and BAP to run rear-support, though. Your call.

Edited by Xinaoen, 07 April 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#29 Wil Scarlet

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSimi Valley Ca

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I think i'd like to get in on this if you all still have room and a desire. like what i've read so far. just give me some guidelines and i'll see what i can come up with...

Character Name is:

Saeria (no last name)
Nick: Shinkicker
Gender F
Height 5'5.5"
Weight 128 lbs
Hair Blue, short
Eyes blue (some call them ice blue but the license says blue)
Race Caucasion

Prefer'd Mech is a Panther, with PPC and SRM4, with an extended sensor array (sorry if i get the exact wordage wrong) and JJ's

Saeria is originally from A tiny out of the way planet in the fringes of Davion Space, her mother was a mech pilot of very little renown in terms of combat but was very good with scouting and reporting back to her lancemates on how to attack incoming foes.. This is where Saeria learned how a good scout can turn a whole battle, to that end when her mother retired and she came of age she got her mothers Panther. Saeria never bothered to 'name' her mech like others did for theirs. Her mother always telling her that tools don't get names. Secretly she wants to name it but hasn't found the right one as yet. Saeria has a decent amount of money and is looking to make a name for herself so that she can get into a good Merc Company or maybe even a House Army. Relatively naieve she's making her way with her family friend who also happens to be her Mech Engineer/Mechanic. he's older, well versed in the universe and isn't the greatest mechanic but he knows THIS mech inside and out bolt by bolt and every inch of armor. He views it as his baby.. and doesn't like it coming back with damage... not because of the cost.

Edited by Wil_Scarlet, 08 April 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#30 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Have we got a signup sheet? If not I can whip one up?
I think I may go with a Cyclops modded for additional speed, to provide fire support and the like, unless someone else wants to run an Assault mech?

#31 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:59 AM

I'm going to put together a roster for this thread after work today. I'll give everyone a few more days, probably until the end of the week, before I start this thing up. Sorry everyone, I've just been quite busy with Real Life and work, as well as some other projects.

Janitor, if you'd like, you can consolidate a roster of those who've posted bios. I'll then use that as the basis of mine, if you don't mind.

Edited by Highlighter, 10 April 2012 - 03:00 AM.

#32 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

Mind if I use one of my, odd characters?

Might keep things interesting with having a couple of "cub scouts from hell" along.

#33 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Not what I meant by Character sheet, but okay, since I'm collecting the roster, I want people to sound off with preferred combat style and pick a Mech, then I'll formulate suggested Lances for Highlighter based on mechs and how people want to fight and what mech they got. Then Highlighter can look at what I put together for roster and pick Lance Commanders and finalize Lances.
Be sure to think up useful combat roles, we'll need some flexibility.

If anyone wants to, feel free to use the char-sheet I used for my char.

CHARACTER:
Spoiler

#34 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

Nice character sheet, Janitor101. Here you go!

CHARACTER:
Spoiler

#35 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

Alright, here is my character sheet in accordance to your format:

Spoiler

#36 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostMacabreDerek, on 07 April 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Blue Suns, Mass Effect refrence?

Yep :D

View PostCharles Martel, on 10 April 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Mind if I use one of my, odd characters?

Might keep things interesting with having a couple of "cub scouts from hell" along.

I don't mind at all!

Heh, Janitor, that's fine, my fault for misreading :P Your help is greatly appreciated though!

This is the roster so far. I'm only including those who've posted a bio:

Hanyit Greyhame
Name: Hanyit Greyhame
Callsign: Gopher
Mech: Blackjack

Joe Davion 86
Name: Joe Kurtz
Callsign: Dirtnap
Mech: Blackjack

Guardian Wolf
Name: Chris Wolf
Callsign:
Mech: Warhammer 6R

MacabreDerek
Name: Barret Sender
Callsign: Poison
Mech: VND-1R Vindicator

Beorht
Name: Ashin Varanin
Callsign: Rev
Mech: Rifleman 5D

Wil_Scarlet
Name: Saeria
Callsign: Shinkicker
Mech: Panther

Janitor01
Name: Kurt Mauser
Callsign: Shade
Mech: Cyclops

Xinaoen
Name: Xinaoen
Callsign: Exile
Mech: WLF-1 Wolfhound

Did I miss anyone?

#37 Hanyit Greyhame

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 205 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Only that I pilot a BJ-3 BlackJack, my updated bio is beneath Janitor's, following his form

#38 Janitor101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 307 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

List of Mechs:
1 Assault
2 Heavy
3 Medium
2 Light

So far for combat styles I have myself and Hanyit who put Long/Med range support, and Xinaoen who put Skirmisher.

#39 Highlighter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hrmm...

Blackjack
Blackjack
Rifleman
Cyclops

Wolfhound
Vindicator
Panther
Warhammer

The second lance is lighter on armor, but all of those designs tend to be heavy hitters (with PPCs and the like) and the Wolfhound can easily act as a scout when need be.

I'm looking to toss an IC post up this weekend, I hope.

#40 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

Figured I'd check first, since it's a character that resulted from my pet TT players wanting some original "black ops" adventures, so I gave them a mindbender several decades long bit of insane fun. The fun part, it in no way savaged canon as no one would believe anything the PCs had to say after the Jihad, one even getting a permanent vacation in a Federated Suns mental hospital. Still might be a bit much, but I did love playing the character. And it'd poke the "cub scouts from hell" right in the genetic memory.

I guess one of the lances can be a reinforced lance?

Spoiler

Edited by Charles Martel, 15 April 2012 - 11:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users