43 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hey everyone, and welcome to Ask The Devs 23 - Answers. Enjoy!

Q: Does shooting the pylon in the enemy base (or your own base) have any effect on how long it takes to capture the base? Thanks [KitK]
A: No, it has zero effect (for now - we might change that.) [Garth]

Q: Do the devs have the coconut monkey in their cockpit or fuzzy dice? [Ryvucz]
A: Most have something - I don't because I find them overly mesmerising. [Garth]

Q: My question, Garth, is as follows; Do you prefer to have mashed potato with cream and a touch of mint OR with roasted garlic with a hint of mustard powder? [Purplefluffybunny]
A: I'm lactose intollerant so I'd have to go with that latter. [Garth]

Q: Will we have another chance to buy founder's packages? [Skinny Pete]
A: The Founders programme has been completed, sorry! [Garth]

Q: When can we expect paint schemes/ fuzzy dice/ etc? [Hatachi]
A: Soon!TM (Late November (20th-27th) [Garth]

Q: How many Inner Sphere BattleMechs are planned to be released before Clans are introduced? Will each weight class have the same number of BattleMechs? [Maverick01]
A: We don't have a set number - we're adding them as quickly as we can. Though yes the weight classes will have (roughly) the same number total. [Garth]

Q: Any plans to fix the NARC? [Digital Ninja]
A: Absolutely, I can see it being worked on as we speak. [Garth]

Q: Are yall planning to let use use a button to open the missle doors on mechs like the centurion and catapult? [screw ball]
A: Actually, I believe we'll have that ready next patch! [Garth]

Q: Is ECM planned to be able to do cool active stuff like Ghost Targets, or just negate NARC and mess with targeting? [Solis Obscuri]
A: It is planned to do awesome stuff 'like' that, yes. It'll do cool stuff. [Garth]

Q: What are the current plans for supporting various colorblind players? [AggroBASH]
A: We plan to allow more HUD customization so players can choose a colour scheme that works best for them. [Garth]

Q: I think this is the first Mechwarrior game where lights are not only completely viable but deadly when heavier mechs aren't supported. Feels like they are right in line with where the live tactically in tabletop. This is *without* the nod to economics but that just sweetens the deal. [Berserker]
A: As a light pilot, I absolutely love the way the different weight classes interact. As a Jenner pilot, I fear no Atlas, but when I see Cicada or Hunchback coming at me I start sweating. It's great that it's like rock, paper, scissors, only rock beats scissors 60% of the time, not 100.

Frankly I've had some of the best 'duels' in my gaming career versus other Lights. [Garth]

Q: When will the number of non-light 'Mechs with JJ increase to more than 1? Are they being limited intentionally? [Docta Pain]
A: Well when the Cataphract comes out that's another, and then the Trebuchet does too. The Highlander, as well, has jumpjets. [Garth]

Q: We were informed that on the Oct 23rd Update we would be getting Forest Colony Alternate. Unless I am very unlucky it seems this map isnt in the rotation. Any news on when we can expect it? [Squid von Torgad]
A: Soo- I mean wait, no, tomorrow! [Garth]

Q: I'm ready to start dropping cash on cosmetic items: new camo skins, alternate heads for my Atlas, tinted cockpit glass/neurohelmet lens, voice packs for my onboard AI, whatever you can throw at me! When can we expect this content? You need to take my money. [Dr. Killinger]
A: Those will be in November 20th - 27th. [Garth]

Q: Question for Alex: Is the "Trenchbucket" name on the Trebuchet concept art a little joke about the 'Mech's name in the CBT parody game Critter-TEK? [Nathan Foxbane]
A: It's actually the nickname for the mech in BattleTech in general :( [Garth]

Q: Are (on-map) dropships and/or HALO drops planned? [Raven IIC]
A: Can't answer to the former, but we have talked about the latter. [Garth]

Q: Do you think it would be possible to add a chance falling to a legged opponent when they get hit by weapons or grazed by another mech? [PropagandaWar]
A: We talked about it, but I think the general feeling was that you were almost literally kicking someone who was down. As it stands you slow to a crawl whenever you take leg damage and have only 1 functional leg, so that's about where we're happy. [Garth]

Q: when will see more cokpit items IE a model of a axemen [tekka]
A: Items like that will start coming in November 20th - 27th. [Garth]

Q: Will we be able to have personalized name tags that can be changed once Community Warfare comes out? there are many oirganized units out there right now that have there tags in place on the team speak servers. This is something of concern for several people who have established stables. [GenDread]
A: Around when Community Warfare comes out we have plans to add things like clan tags, yes. [Garth]

Q: When will we have a 75 ton 'mech? [Kraven Kor]
A: You'll see :D [Garth]

Q: How diverse from free mechs will hero mechs be, going forward? What kinds of considerations are taken into account when deciding which playstyles or mech abilities/loadouts should be pay-only? [CobraFive]
A: We want to make sure that Hero Mechs are CHOICES, and not necessary. So we make sure that while they're unique, they aren't flat out better. To generalise, we do this by making sure they don't through testing, and do not - for example - have more hardpoints than other variants. [Garth]

Q: Can we have a weapon grouping setting system in the Mech Lab? [Odanan]
A: It'll be there, don't worry! [Garth]

Q: Will the selection of available Trial Mechs changes more often in the future? [Tearsus]
A: They currently change every other patch, so about every two weeks. [Garth]

Q: Any plans to put in the cool computer voice when starting up or things happen like the older games? [Nightsclaw]
A: Absolutely! [Garth]

Thanks for your time and questions everyone, enjoy!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Calmon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Thanks! There were a lot of questions regarding knock back. Would have been fine to have this answered as well.

Edited by Calmon, 05 November 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#3 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Garth, that's good to know. Now I can just shoot the pylon for fun to see how many people copy cat.

#4 Kaox Veed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Still dodging the Grand Dragon question :)

#5 screw ball

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TEXAS

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

My question got answerwed!!!!!!! wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

thx Garth, for the "spare time Q&A" on sunday^^ i have the feeling that gave us more new info than this one <_< good to see some things being confirmed again though :)

#7 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Q: When can we expect paint schemes/ fuzzy dice/ etc? [Hatachi]
A: Soon!TM (Late November (20th-27th) [Garth]

Try Alt-0153 sometime, and you'll see results Soon™ thereafter.

<_< :)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 05 November 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#8 Banto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationGermany, Bavaria

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

This is going to be interesting, when the "alternate" map of Forrest Colony comes out before a new map and all that has changed is, that it is now snow covered and a bit colder, but the same map.

This is going to be bad... but maybe it is played down by the whining about the DHS, we will see. :)

#9 Hurnn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

wow way to cherry pick and completely ignore the hard questions and complaints.

#10 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Dodged all the Community Warfare questions.... Mine wasn't even a hard one; just a simple yes or no question.... doesn't bode well.

#11 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

New map!!!!! :)

#12 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 05 November 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Dodged all the Community Warfare questions.... Mine wasn't even a hard one; just a simple yes or no question.... doesn't bode well.

Given where the game is at now I don't think they've put much work into CW yet. A lot of brainstorming probably, but I suspect very little actual code / rulesets. Once they 'launch' (probably early next year) then I think we'll see them focus on CW for a couple months, put it out, then a couple more months for the Clans. Until they start really pouring time into it, I don't think there is much point to ask questions.

#13 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostHurnn, on 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

The only important question was answered! What more do you want from the man!?!

#14 Myworstfear

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostHurnn, on 05 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I'd rather have an "easy" question answered than something like "I'm unable to comment at this time" for the hard ones

#15 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 05 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Given where the game is at now I don't think they've put much work into CW yet. A lot of brainstorming probably, but I suspect very little actual code / rulesets. Once they 'launch' (probably early next year) then I think we'll see them focus on CW for a couple months, put it out, then a couple more months for the Clans. Until they start really pouring time into it, I don't think there is much point to ask questions.

Well they did say after they went OB they would turn half the dev team focus to CW all I asked was if they did this or not.

#16 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 05 November 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

Well they did say after they went OB they would turn half the dev team focus to CW all I asked was if they did this or not.

Oh, I had thought this was to be after Launch, not Open Beta. I may be mistaken.

#17 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 05 November 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Oh, I had thought this was to be after Launch, not Open Beta. I may be mistaken.

So I went back and reread the OB update and it basically says they don't yet know anything and won't know anything for a while. I guess I shouldn't be expecting any news on this until after new years.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 05 November 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#18 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

SLI/Crossfire?? Is it not even in the current scope? Even knowing it is on target for pre-launch would be nice, JAN/FEB.

#19 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

im more interested at the wink to us getting a 75 ton mech at some point? I went through all the 75 ton mech and with the exception of some of the classic Clan 75 tonners. The Inner Sphere has 2 that jump right out at me. The Orion and dare I say the Marauder -_-

#20 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Meh... No big reveals but atleast 2 or 3 questions answered honestly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users