"tattletale"

78 replies to this topic

#21 Gen Kumon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

I only do this with obvious AFKs. You know, like the guy running full speed against a wall for several minutes, or the guy at spawn who hasn't moved all match. They're either just trying to make Cbills AFK, or they're a disconnect that the server didn't count as one. Either way, there's no one at the controls.

That's the only situation I'd ever do it in, though. If you're the last guy and still moving, more power to you.

Edited by Gen Kumon, 13 November 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#22 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Only a id*ot fights 1v6, going in guns blazing is not the only option. Has nothing to do with saving a repair bill or anything like that for me, I don't like making stupid choices. There's no honor in suicide like you all make it seem, not in a game, not in real life. There's smart and then there's dumb.
If they're a pug and are separated, then I'll fight. depending on my damage. Or if I'm already engaged, then I'll stay and fight.
Also tattle tale is only something children use.

Edited by lsp, 13 November 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#23 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostTarman, on 13 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Your time isn't worth someone else's money. You're not paying their repair bills. All you're doing is being a poor sport. Way to be classy.

This goes both ways - Joe the AFKer causes my repair bill to be higher by virtue of being a dud, and they do it to farm c-bills faster (i.e. to save their time). You know, what goes around comes around and all that...

#24 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

View PostMouseNo4, on 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Irrelevant to this thread. Announcing a team member's location is a practice that should never happen.

If they are a scamming lazy *** afker, your damn right I rat them out. If they are actively playing, then I will keep my mouth shut.

And when I find said AFKer, I will do everything in my power to ensure his or her repair bill is as high as possible.

Edited by Kaldor, 13 November 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#25 Stradivarious

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSilverdale, WA

View PostMouseNo4, on 13 November 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Ive already reported quite a number of players for announcing a team mate's position - NOT JUST MY OWN.

So far, ive yet to see PGI take any action against these players apart from stating ''they will look into it'' [REDACTED] they usually reply with.

And not participating in the match is considered farming and is also reportable, so basically you're reporting them for reporting you for farming, they're just informing the other team instead of the CSAs. Logic, whee.

I personally reserve the right to "tattle tale" on you for being a [REDACTED], get in the fight or delete the damn game and quit wasting time. Now if you've taken damage and are the last survivor, thats another story, nothing to worry about from me. If you're pristine and have been hiding the whole match, you have been warned, I have FRAPs on standby and the willingness to record you being a [REDACTED]. (as a couple have already found out) ;)

Edited by Viterbi, 13 November 2012 - 03:10 PM.
Removed offensive language

#26 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

View PostTarman, on 13 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Your time isn't worth someone else's money. You're not paying their repair bills. All you're doing is being a poor sport. Way to be classy.

You do realize that repair bills are paid in fake money, right? Seriously. Since there is no direct MC -> C-bill conversion, C-bills are FakeMoneyUnits. That means that, ultimately, the only currency involved in repairs bills is time. Not actual money.

I won't rat your punk-kiester's out for taking the cowards path and running to hide instead of contributing to the team, because 2 wrongs don't make a right and what-not. But don't sit here and try to tell me that repair costs are some sort of "someone's money," cause it's just time and FakeMoneyUnits.

Go down fighting and we can all get on with our next match. Running to hide just gives the winning team more money in salvage and capping if they leave you alive. So you're griefing your team, and helping the oppfor to boot.

Edited by Bagheera, 13 November 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#27 MouseNo4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 630 posts
  • LocationVictoria Australia

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Reporting an AFK player (someone who has never moved from where they spawned) or a player for disconnecting (obvious ''disconnected'' note on the roster) is acceptable as that player is no longer considered part of the match.

#28 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostClay Pigeon, on 13 November 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Completely relevant. Cowards deserve to die, first by losing a leg, then both arms, then both side torsos, then by stripping the last leg, and finally by coring the CT.

Wrong! Your Missile pods you keep, and I'll tell you why: So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God, what is that thing?" will echo in your perfect missile pods. That is what "to the pain" means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

#29 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostTechnoviking, on 13 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

Wrong! Your Missile pods you keep, and I'll tell you why: So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God, what is that thing?" will echo in your perfect missile pods. That is what "to the pain" means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Techno when you coming back into ts?

#30 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostBagheera, on 13 November 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:

You do realize that repair bills are paid in fake money, right? Seriously. Since there is no direct MC -> C-bill conversion, C-bills are FakeMoneyUnits. That means that, ultimately, the only currency involved in repairs bills is time. Not actual money.

I won't rat your punk-kiester's out for taking the cowards path and running to hide instead of contributing to the team, because 2 wrongs don't make a right and what-not. But don't sit here and try to tell me that repair costs are some sort of "someone's money," cause it's just time and FakeMoneyUnits.

Go down fighting and we can all get on with our next match. Running to hide just gives the winning team more money in salvage and capping if they leave you alive. So you're griefing your team, and helping the oppfor to boot.

ya repair bills dont cost real money, but premium time does, and that gets wasted as well.

#31 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

This is a reminder that betraying teammate locations to the EN (‘birddogging’) is a form of greifing and is in violation of the Community Guidelines. Please avoid this behavior in the future, thank you!

Report those that do to:
support@mwomercs.com

RAM
ELH
MOD

#32 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostMouseNo4, on 13 November 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

I do believe that is what the Americans call it.

Please do not let the enemy know my location. I dont really care if you are dead and want the match to end as soon as you die. I am alive and want to keep it that way.

If I wasn't fit to survive then damnit u aren't either!
Especially if you let your team down by powering off to avoid cb repair cost
[REDACTED]

Edited by Viterbi, 13 November 2012 - 03:11 PM.
Removed directed statement

#33 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

This is called being punished by society. See, in this case, the society of players don't like it when a team spot is wasted by someone who doesn't intend to play. So, society, like it always does, punishes those that don't follow the rules of the society.

So, come to fight, or don't log in.

#34 Gen Kumon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostRAM, on 13 November 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

This is a reminder that betraying teammate locations to the EN (‘birddogging’) is a form of greifing and is in violation of the Community Guidelines. Please avoid this behavior in the future, thank you!

Report those that do to:
support@mwomercs.com

RAM
ELH
MOD

Does that apply to obviously AFK players who haven't moved in several minutes and will not reply to attempts to talk to them?

#35 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

View PostRAM, on 13 November 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

Report those that do to:
support@mwomercs.com

RAM
ELH
MOD

Just to be clear... setting up some form of macro(or maybe just jamming the keyboard keys) so that you walk slowly in a circle or otherwise farming is a violation of the Community Guidelines and should be reported, correct?

#36 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'd also like to know if logging in to a game with the intention of hiding (thus farming cbills) is a reportable violation.

And for the record, two wrongs kinda does make right. This principle is pretty much the basis for all criminal punishment systems as well as all warfare.

#37 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostDesrtfox, on 13 November 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'd also like to know if logging in to a game with the intention of hiding (thus farming cbills) is a reportable violation.

And for the record, two wrongs kinda does make right. This principle is pretty much the basis for all criminal punishment systems as well as all warfare.

No... Two Wrongs do not make a Right....

although three Rights make a Left.

#38 Elandyll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I haven't done it yet, but when spectating if I see a guy with 0 armor dmg and full ammo powered down in a corner, I am tempted (and I say that as a difference with a d/c because I spectated the guy running into a corner and powering down).

If you have done battle and trying to avoid a useless last stand, I generally don't see a problem unless it takes forever because there's 8 minutes to go and the other team seems to be more interested in finding you than capping (which is stupid).

#39 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

C'mon use a bit of common sense.

I'm sure everyone knows the difference between an afk player and one that's at their keyboard. How a person plays is up to them unless you're paying for their time.

Forcing them to play how you want is a form of griefing and that's why it's a violation of the Guidelines.

#40 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Save yourself the time. Quit the match, queue another in a different mech.

That's all I do. Sitting on a mountan of Hunchback XP because I have three of the ugly fuggers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users