2926 replies to this topic

#41 Bucser

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

View PostDredhawk, on 16 November 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Nooo to 3rd person view...I never used it until MW4 Mercs when I started to play MP the reason I did is that everyone else was and it put me at a disadvantage I personnel hate 3rd person and when im playing Single player i never use it...

In MW4 i have always used in cockpit view. Even if it was allowed the option of 3rd person view. It helps MY immersion. (And I do not give a crap about the rest:)

#42 Noth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostAlois Hammer, on 16 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Nothing whatsoever. I thought I'd mistakenly gone to BSGO's forums and hit their stock response "We're aware of it, and we're looking into it."

The only way it "won't affect you" should you not be using it yourself is if the games are completely segregated so that first-person and third-person players cannot be in the same match.

But whatever, can't do much but sit and wait until they say something that...well...actually says something. :)

That will still effect you. It splits teh playerbase of a game that has a rather small playerbase. It means longer queue times and more no match found.

#43 Shaddock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 174 posts
  • LocationIf I told you it would be harder to shoot you

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

More importantly even if you have a good reason to do this how is it a priority? Suggestion list: Fix CTDs, add in way to rejoin on going match, new maps, new mechs, new game modes, community warfare implemented, reintroduce direct X 11, and only then consider new camera options.

#44 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'll wait till the Command chair post on this to judge so at the least thanks for acknowledging the concerns. Hope to see it soon as to be honest you are really just restating what we already knew. I obviously am not one for 3rd person but I should wait to see what the plan is before commenting further beyond I and many like me are weary of the idea.
*waits*

#45 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

View PostShaddock, on 16 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

More importantly even if you have a good reason to do this how is it a priority? Suggestion list: Fix CTDs, add in way to rejoin on going match, new maps, new mechs, new game modes, community warfare implemented, reintroduce direct X 11, and only then consider new camera options.

I AGREE 100%

even the lag shield of fast mechs still not fixed. it should be top priority.
cryengine is beautiful but when you see light mechs teleporting and lagshielding... it ruins the experience.

Edited by zer0imh, 16 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#46 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

View PostNoth, on 16 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

That will still effect you. It splits teh playerbase of a game that has a rather small playerbase. It means longer queue times and more no match found.

I know, I just figured I'd leave the poor guys one cheap out. :)

Splitting a not-so-big-to-begin-with player base is insanity.

Edited by Alois Hammer, 16 November 2012 - 03:27 PM.

#47 Dantiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm ok with 3rd person view if it be only in a training mode our something like that
if you drop with your lance to experiment some tactics or if you drop alone in an base to test your mech. in those cases would be good to have a 3rd person view

#48 TheBuxDLux

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Uhm how about 3rd person after you die?

#49 ThatPrimeGuy

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

That post says nothing but "We heard you guys and we don't care".

If I wanted a third person camera I'd play ******* Hawken, I come to this game for a sim, third person view isn't Sim, I'd be fine with a third person/free roam for spectating but players being able to use third person and peek over hills while still in the game is insane.

I hate to go "Oh well I spent this money" and all but I thought the $120 I was giving you guys was for fixing the franchises problems, not to bring them back.

Don't **** up what people come to this franchise for, keep it a sim and not a freaking Unreal Tournament with heat management.

#50 Thurston Bloodstone

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMichigan

The Mechwarrior series of games in my opinion were never meant to be from a 3rd person perspective. Other Battletech genre games such as MechAssault were designed for that purpose. I feel likewise that having a 3rd person view will ruin this type of game and if put in will give players who use it an unfair advantage against those of us who won't.

#51 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I don't see this being all that helpful. The problem is once you make this, it'll be too late to take it out.

The logic behind this is to teach. If you need to teach people how to use their torso, make a training mission. Put 3rd person in that and that alone. Once they get how it works, they shouldn't need it.

There is no way to add both and not expect us to use the advantages of both.

#52 Kaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

View PostDeadfire, on 16 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Forgot to do this part before you posted mate, May want to try that again.

In any case, It would not affect as you (in playing in 1st person view) would never encounter a person using 3rd person in a match.

I think the issue here is people hear (and/or see) 3rd person and hop on the next bandwagon of misinformation.

And I think that some people aren't thinking about what happens when community warfare comes about. In order for me and mine to never encounter a person or persons using 3rd person view over the course of community warfare, there'd have to be two entirely separate servers running two entirely separate games. Otherwise, what happens when a world needs taking by 1st person forces but it's garrisoned by 3rd person forces?

All well and good for what we're doing now. The 3rd person crowd can have their little league. I don't want them in my metaverse though, once community warfare starts.

Edited by Kaijin, 16 November 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#53 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

View PostGimpy Warpig, on 16 November 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Unless you're in their PR department, I fail to see how you know how many emails/feedback forms they've received. This forum does not the MW fanbase equal. not even close.

So do you think that its possible that the "email/feedback forms" we're not seeing would be 91% in favor of 3rd person and 9% in favor of no 3rd person? Not saying thats what you said but is it realistic that all the people that didnt vote on that poll would have the complete opposite view of the people that have done so here?

#54 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostTheBuxDLux, on 16 November 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Uhm how about 3rd person after you die?

that's reincarnation my friend XD

#55 Logan Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 143 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Absolutely against 3rd person view. MWO is supposed to be a MechWarrior Sim game, not a 3rd person shooter. Not only does it take away from the sim experience of MW, it will also fragment the player base... NOT a good thing.

If you guys would get a decent tutorial experience going for new players then this would not even be an issue. Stop trying to fix one problem with a boatload of new problems. Just take care of the original problem by helping new players learn to control their mech with a functional tutorial...currently new players have to somehow find a video on youtube from some 3rd party newbs on how to play... really? This is your answer to a tutorial? How hard can it be!

#56 Stunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

This 3rd person view was the straw that broke the camels back for me. First we were lied to about hero mechs and how there will be nothing in game that we cannot buy with C-bills.

Now we are being told there will be 3rd person view when before you guys were so adamant that it would not happen.

Keep Russ out of the board room so he can stop breaking his promises to us.

I asked for a refund and of course was told that the refunds are over. How nice that the truth starts to come out after Open Beta comes out and the founders have been misled.

I'm done spending money in this game at least.

#57 Mortavore

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

I hope they add it in. One of the things that I find hard to do is keep track of where my feet are vs. were i'm looking.

#58 B B Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 746 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I would suggest that those of you who are upset about 3rd person anything/everything listen to the podcast again, only this time don't hit stop after the first mention of '3rd.'

#59 BDU Drakzen

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 16 November 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

For reference, we also strongly recommend listening to Russ’s comments, as he provides a clear case for our approach.

I did listen to it several times and I do not believe it can implimented without it being an advantaged playstyle. It was stated many times at the start this game was to be only 1st person view and now your coming here saying basically "we have to put this in but wait for our sugar coated make me feel happy about it statement" Really?????

Why the hell can't you stick to your guns and produce the game as originally stated.

The overwhelming majority of the people willing to post there flat out rejection of the idea has been posted on the two main topic post since the release of the podcast, both of which have received more post and views than any other topic in the short time frame since the start of this forum than any other topic.

Where are you getting these request from? Are you getting emails from Asia, or the UK that flood your inbox? Really where are these request coming from, I don't see an overwhelming request here on the forums. I would like to use this avenue so I can launch a campaign against it to show you a greater majority of request are really against 3rd person view.

#60 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Ok, In the last thread I was going to hold back my wild paranoia about this, but now?

Is this the same "Huge amount of people" which were complaining about pugstomping? Where you decided to make changes despite having gameplay data which suggested that it wasn't happening?

I'm beginning to think someone wrote a script to flood your mailbox.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users