113 replies to this topic

#81 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Just remove the XL engine if you accidentally bought a K. Put it in a Jenner or Catapult where it will do some use. Replace with Standard 300.

#82 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

I love your K build, finally found something that makes the red headed step child work tyvm

#83 The Prime Minister

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationUsually deactivated

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Here's Big Daddy (original, I know).
He's big, he's red, he's bent like the soviet sickle and tough as the hammer that crosses it. Oh, and he'll melt face up close. (and this is with the SRM nerf. Waiting for fix to see how much better he'll do).

Big Fracking Atlas

#84 Hindenhoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

Great thread. Very informative and useful for a rookie like myself.

Building my first DC right now - seems like fun as it's so different to everything I've played so far.

#85 Aristotelis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

I run The Commander a long time I have in every battle a kill ratio above 2.00 and without death of course! My DC have some differences.
I use more armor to the front,ECM,1XAMS.STD Engine 300 53.5 speed ,14 DHS,Endo steel,2xML 3XSRM6 with Artemis and of course AC20 With 5xAc20 ammo and double cases to the torsos.

I tried your setup but i hadn't the free weight to add the 4 heatsinks to the engine!

Edited by Aristotelis, 03 April 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#86 Aristotelis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

How about this??AS7-D-DC The Titan by ARIS

#87 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Aristetelis: Did you remember to take away armor from the legs? That might explain why you couldn't fit the heatsinks.

#88 Aristotelis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

I 'll check it m8!

#89 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Hi Panda,

i finally managed to get my 3rd Atlas, the RS, and wanted to build on your "The Archon" build.
Those 4 LLs seems just natural on this mech, but i didn't feel like doing rockets like you did. I was experimenting with a Gauss, but it seemed to fragile in combination with the LLs. So i went for an AC/20, as THE heavy hitter weapon.
Here is the build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...89f7f2ea8f8dc5d

It is really fun on most of the maps, you can do tons of pin point damage, and carefully retreat a bit when you get to hot.

One map i have found though, where it doesn't work AT ALL. And your Archon, even though it packs LRMs, should have the same problems like i do:

How do you play Alpine with your RS? :o
Whenever i get that map(in that mech AND in my D-DC), i start cursing to myself and just try to make it work somehow... mostly it just doesn't work. Your atlas is to slow, you have no direct fire heavy weapons (though i abuse my ac/20 for it sometimes), and LRMs are mostly useless, especially over 1.2km distance and/or if someone brings ECM.

#90 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

In the current meta the LRM's are a bit 'meh'. I decided not to change the builds right now as we don't know where the missile balance will be later on when pgi decides to change them. I think the whole Atlas is out of its element right now with everyone running ppc/gauss sniper builds. Atlas is just too slow and big target. I'm personally not playing atlases right now because of that, it's hard to make him work. But on Alpine just stay behind cover. Move towards the spot where Epsilon capture point is in conquest, that's your safest place to fight imo. It has decent cover and it forces any snipers to get close to you so your weapons will be effective too.

#91 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

Thx Panda.
My most succesfull Atlas right now is SURPRISINGLY my D, with 2 ERPCC and a Gauss.
I could do that with all of my other Atlases, too, but that would be just boring as ****.
So i try to have every mech of the same chassis different... i just hope at some point this whole poptarting thing will cool down a bit....

#92 1e0n

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Well, after i accidentally bought a K i finally mastered my RS.

Here is what i play currently. A heat efficient version of Splatlas ;)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8e267f0b9b2b357

#93 hector putrid

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

I'm new at MWO and I've aimed to be a good ATLAS pilot. Using your Guardian build Panda, I just ended up with 4 kills and 3 assists! I am naming my mech from now on A.D.M. aka ATLAS DEATH MACHINE! :D THANKS PANDA!!!!!!

#94 Tor Gungnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

As cool as 10+ ton shotgun sounds it is just horrible in the way it is implemented in the current state of the game....

Edited by Tor Gungnir, 14 July 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#95 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

I've recently returned to mwo and checked out if this guide needs updating, and it really doesn't. Other than ecm being forced on the side torso and that doesnt change the build itself at all. There are no new weapons or equipment added to the game after ecm so all the builds are still solid. Although the atlas RS has been in constant flux for me. I've tried several builds on it and I may update it again soon. The problem with the RS is that I want to be different from the other 3 atlases. I could easily make a solid build with him but it would overlap with the other atlases, so I'm trying to find some unique angle to it.

View Posthector putrid, on 14 July 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

I'm new at MWO and I've aimed to be a good ATLAS pilot. Using your Guardian build Panda, I just ended up with 4 kills and 3 assists! I am naming my mech from now on A.D.M. aka ATLAS DEATH MACHINE! :( THANKS PANDA!!!!!!

No problem man, glad to hear you are enjoying the game.

#96 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

nice builds and explanations

#97 Dredhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationSpace Colony Texas

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

I did change around my Atlas D config got rid of the Gauss Rifle and replaced it with 2 AC5 got annoyed with the New Gauss Rifle Mechanic's they added...It also gives me a little better Close range punch..

#98 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Thread necro!!!

Panda, add the friggin Boar's Head!

#99 buhatkj

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostDredhawk, on 11 October 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I did change around my Atlas D config got rid of the Gauss Rifle and replaced it with 2 AC5 got annoyed with the New Gauss Rifle Mechanic's they added...It also gives me a little better Close range punch..

Yeh I'm not a fan either. The once or twice I mentioned it in the in game chat tho people just go "GAUSS IS FINE SHUT UP", which I take to mean the gauss rifle is/was a hated weapon and they are glad its irritating to use now.

#100 MadPanda

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

I think the builds are still quite valid for anyone looking for solid atlas setups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users