Anders For President 3050

183 replies to this topic

Poll: Anders 3049? (248 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Anders be made a community mod of MWO?

1. Yes - Anders 3049 (177 votes [45.74%])

Percentage of vote: 45.74%

2. Yes - Andersbot 3049 (135 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

3. Yes, absolutely and forever (DEMOCRACY IS A SHAM) (75 votes [19.38%])

Percentage of vote: 19.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostDraco Harkins, on 03 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Lets see, goons M.O. is to screw up the metagame, destroy the community for fun and self advantage and basicly ruin everybody's experience in EVERY GAME they go to and you want to put one of them in a role of responsibility?

Sounds legit.

Actually we just want to shoot stompy robits with our own very violent purple painted combat robots.

Also see the bad stuff we did here to ruin the game: http://themittani.co...hwarrior-online

P.S.
I also liked your post, to make you feel better.

#42 Mjilaeck

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 03 December 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Actually we just want to shoot stompy robits with our own very violent purple Gold painted combat robots.

Also see the bad stuff we did here to ruin the game: http://themittani.co...hwarrior-online

P.S.
I also liked your post, to make you feel better.

Fixed that for you.

#43 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostDraco Harkins, on 03 December 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Lets see, goons M.O. is to screw up the metagame, destroy the community for fun and self advantage and basicly ruin everybody's experience in EVERY GAME they go to and you want to put one of them in a role of responsibility?

Sounds legit.

Yes, Goons have paid between $30-120 or more to PGI for the sole purpose of ruining this game. Jesus tapdancing Christ you're a piece of work. ;)

#44 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostAzantia, on 03 December 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

yeah those goons, they are all swell people. They dont ruin games or their communities for fun. Or try to ruin people's play experience as their favorite past time or anything. They dont hack other unit websites or deface their art / pages or anything. They dont try to get people to commit suicide via the internet through internet bullying or anything. (This caught media attention awhile back) Its not like they dont promote aggressive bullying and exploitation of in game systems and cheating or anything right?

Sounds like they would make GREAT community moderators for this game.

Are you fracking kidding me?

Also true fact: Everyone on SomethingAwful is in Goonfleet. ALL of them. So anything that happens with one should ALWAYS be associated with the other! They are also one hivemind so if one goon does something ****** you can blame them all for it.

Edited by Rannos, 03 December 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#45 Agincourt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

exploitation of in game systems

In reference to MWO, the number of major exploits goons have brought to the attention of the developers far outweighs the number of imaginary mechanics that have been "exploited," so try again I guess?

View PostTer Ushaka, on 03 December 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Yes, Goons have paid between $30-120 or more to PGI for the sole purpose of ruining this game. Jesus tapdancing Christ you're a piece of work. ;)

It is the long, and unduly expensive, con.

edit: Also that stuff they said above about not all goons being in EVE invalidating your other points.

Edited by Agincourt, 03 December 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#46 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostAgincourt, on 03 December 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

In reference to MWO, the number of major exploits goons have brought to the attention of the developers far outweighs the number of imaginary mechanics that have been "exploited," so try again I guess?

It is the long, and unduly expensive, con.

edit: Also that stuff they said above about not all goons being in EVE invalidating your other points.

What is that they say about birds of a feather?.........

#47 Lemniscate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Troll nerds together.

Edited by Lemniscate, 03 December 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#48 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostAzantia, on 03 December 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

Why are you here trolling this post. Screaming that all goons are bad. That's like saying all Muslims are terrorist. Or all people from White people will hijack your stock profile. It is illogical and absurd. Riddle me this if all goons play eve why doesn't the swarm have over 170k members plus alts. I think I have an answer for you because less that 5% have ever played eve.

Think of it in this light. Do you blame ever middle eastern person on earth for terror attacks. No. Do you accuse every catholic person in the world of molesting children, once again no. Do you think all people from Asia want to have a nuclear weapons program and blow up the world yet again no. Do you blame homosexuals for ****, no all these statements are equally as absurd as you suggesting that all goons are evil and are hatching elaborate plans to ruin video games everywhere. Goons are here to have fun not destroy this game.

#49 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

When is the last time you looked in the mirror? ;)

#50 Backhack

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWelp!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Ok the jig is up, I admit it, it was me. All me! I'm the one who [list of accusations], and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling [name of group].

Edited by Backhack, 03 December 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#51 Wellington van de Graaff

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

To be fair, this is a valid point. Teamwork is way OP and is long overdue a nerf.

#52 Tarquinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostTer Ushaka, on 03 December 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hah! Joke's on PGI. The $120 I gave them I earned ruining Eve Online and/or driving people to commit suicde, while cheating and hacking.

You know, just like every other goon. :o

Edited by Tarquinn, 04 December 2012 - 08:09 AM.

#53 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

"Squawk, squawk bu-GAWK squawk"?

#54 Modred

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCanada, GTA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Just take a look at all the wonderful things that the goons have brought to other fine games such as Eve and World Of Tanks. :ph34r: :rolleyes: and you would want that duplicated in this for exactly what reason???

Vote No! and vote often, tell your friends as well, remember every hive-mind goon will vote yes, let's do our best to counter mind the hive-mind, bring on the goonicide! :lol:

#55 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostNekki Basara, on 04 December 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

"Squawk, squawk bu-GAWK squawk"?

*checks Tetatae to English guidebook*

Calling his mother a broody molter is hardly polite forum talk, mister.

#56 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

I voted for ruining the game. There. Now it's ruined. I am happy now.

#57 SendMyRegards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

Mr Azantia,

You are very bitter and have written a lot of words (with no evidence for most of it) so I will reply with some words.

yeah those goons, they are all swell people. They dont ruin games or their communities for fun. Or try to ruin people's play experience as their favorite past time or anything.

Our goal is to have fun playing this game and other games just like anybody else. We can be guilty of trolling people who take games too seriously (they are games after all), but we want our internet game communities to be as vibrant and alive as possible so that the games we like continue to grow and flourish. We do not "ruin people's play experience" for fun.

They dont hack other unit websites or deface their art / pages or anything.

Do you have any hard evidence to support this serious allegation? Hacking is a federal crime in the US at least (not sure how it's treated in other countries. If you have any evidence you should contact the authorities.

They dont try to get people to commit suicide via the internet through internet bullying or anything. (This caught media attention awhile back)

Indeed, this was a poor and tasteless joke made by a (very) drunk speaker at a public convention. He was punished for this in the gaming community it pertained to and acknowledged that it was in poor taste in a public apology (The apology should be available via a google search). However, he didn't really want the guy to commit suicide.

Its not like they dont promote aggressive bullying and exploitation of in game systems and cheating or anything right?

There have been individual cases where a goon has been caught exploiting/cheating/RMT'ing or whatever, then caught and punished by those parituclar gaming authorities. However, this is the exception and not the rule. As a group we do not promote or use exploits. We play the game by the rules and have had success doing so. If you have evidence of goons exploiting MWO you should follow the rules and send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate and take proper action. Otherwise, baseless accusations of "cheating" remain baseless.

Thanks for coming into this thread to post your thoughts. You've been following us around for some time posting things like this and it's nice to see you haven't (and won't) change.

#58 Ultraviper

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThe INTERNET

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Never not vote for Anders.

#59 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostSendMyRegards, on 04 December 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Indeed, this was a poor and tasteless joke made by a (very) drunk speaker at a public convention. He was punished for this in the gaming community it pertained to and acknowledged that it was in poor taste in a public apology (The apology should be available via a google search). However, he didn't really want the guy to commit suicide.
Now now now, don't let him off THAT easily.

It has already been ruled that harassing Mittens for this is agains the CoC.

#60 Drabor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

The vote is worthless anyway. Theres not enough folks outside the goons to block it. Lets just filibuster it till the national debt is paid off and women get the right to drive mechs in combat. Also, hold off the vote till all the sweat shops in Kurita have age limitations for the workers and change the "Made in Kurita" changed to something else. Also since Liao is such an underpopulated house lets make a mandatory "day of copulation" like they did back in the old worlds.

Once this all happens then maybe we'll change my vote.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users