#1 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

ECM advocates: lock on weapons take no skill, ECM adds strategy

*proceed to put 2-3 streaks on an ECM equipped mech*

I guess ECM advocates like streaks, but only when they are using them.

Edited by Fate 6, 05 December 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#2 RumRunner151

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 697 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Except that you cant boat them on any mech w ECM

#3 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

"Streakcats are EZ mode and only crappy players play them and they should feel bad!!" Yet I saw streaks EVERYWHERE- on Atlases, Hunchbacks, Centurions, almost every light mech that had missile slots.

View PostRumRunner151, on 05 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Pretty sure the Commando could get 3. Isn't that a boat?

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

i think anyitem that is a required item is unbalanced. A team with ECM will completely destroy one without. Same with the

#5 MasterofBlasters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 477 posts
  • LocationYou'd like to know that wouldn't you?

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostFate 6, on 05 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

View PostDavers, on 05 December 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

"Streakcats are EZ mode and only crappy players play them and they should feel bad!!" Yet I saw streaks EVERYWHERE- on Atlases, Hunchbacks, Centurions, almost every light mech that had missile slots.

Pretty sure the Commando could get 3. Isn't that a boat?

:)

Edited by Barg12, 05 December 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#6 Harrison Kelly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Preach it, brother.

#7 Redmond Spiderhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Yeah giving the ECM to the streak commando variant was a bit of a lame move

#8 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Word man. I don't even follow my team if they are using ECM, its insulting and I feel stupider.

I don't know why people were complaining so much about LRMs and streaks, I thought they were pretty balanced. Gameplay before ECM was much more varied and interesting, a good mix of short and long range warfare, some cover, some ninjaing, some clever maneuvering ...now its pretty much all brawls. I run plenty of mechs with neither kind of homing missile and I always did relatively well and if I didn't it wasn't because of LRMs or SSRMs. It suited different play styles. Hell, if something must be done, I don't even mind if they make streaks re-lock per salvo...I have no problem with targeting most times.

I love how everyone thinks this game is so cerebral/easymode depending on which tactics they prefer. I have been killed plenty of times in a streakcat and/or LRM cat. I have killed plenty as well though. Pretty much on par with my non missile builds...big surprise. Now any build that has LRM/SSRM weapons have a high chance of just being plain useless in PUGs. I have just been witnessing ECM as LIMITING factor, not one of expanded variations. That's what the issue is to me. I don't understand how people that like ECM don't see this. The combat has gotten stale. BTW- it takes no skill to put on an ECM (no hard decisions there, only 1.5 free tons) and think you are the man cuz you arent at any risk of getting hit by missiles, whereas before you feared it and acted accordingly...as it should be. A barrage from an LRM20 should be feared, otherwise whats the point of putting in the game.

#9 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

What's this? A streak cat whiner using a sweeping generalization as an argument cause there is no other way to defend the lameness of a pure auto lock-on build?

#10 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostRumRunner151, on 05 December 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

You can get 3 on the D-DC, 3 on the Commando, and I think 2 on the Raven.

My point is, people cried about streaks, called ECM the godsend to remove streaks from the game, then loaded up as many as they could in their ECM-equipped mechs.

#11 Sarevos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

you do know commandos evaporate if you so much as look at em funny right? a few LLs usually skim a launcher or a leg off

View PostFate 6, on 05 December 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

You can get 3 on the D-DC, 3 on the Commando, and I think 2 on the Raven.

My point is, people cried about streaks, called ECM the godsend to remove streaks from the game, then loaded up as many as they could in their ECM-equipped mechs.

well dancing toe to toe with a DC point blank is pretty suicide anyway lol i havent seen too much bull as both teams usually have an umbrella against streaks stick with your team and its a direct fire fight

#12 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Whats this? an ECM hypocrate using a sweeping generalization as an argument cause there is no other way to defend the lameness of fitting an ECM and suddenly doing well.

Streakcats were never an issue. If you cant kill a streakcat without ECM maybe you should learn real skill, and not automagic ECM skill.

#13 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

View PostBelkor, on 05 December 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

What's this? A streak cat whiner using a sweeping generalization as an argument cause there is no other way to defend the lameness of a pure auto lock-on build?

I got an A1 and only used an all-streak build for 3 games before I got bored. I have been using 6 SRM6s for at least a week and a half. That is the only build that doesn't have lock-ons btw. LRMs and SSRMs both need locks. If PGI wants to refund my CBills because they want to remove the A1 from the game, fine.

It's not even a generalization. The only ECM mech I have any respect for is the Cicada because it can't load missiles. Every other ECM mech I've seen is loaded with as many SSRMs as it can hold.

#14 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Whats this? an ECM hypocrate using a sweeping generalization as an argument cause there is no other way to defend the lameness of fitting an ECM and suddenly doing well.

Streakcats were never an issue. If you cant kill a streakcat without ECM maybe you should learn real skill, and not automagic ECM skill.

or you could just use a balanced loadout :) and not be neutered by any one system lol

View PostFate 6, on 05 December 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

I got an A1 and only used an all-streak build for 3 games before I got bored. I have been using 6 SRM6s for at least a week and a half. That is the only build that doesn't have lock-ons btw. LRMs and SSRMs both need locks. If PGI wants to refund my CBills because they want to remove the A1 from the game, fine.

It's not even a generalization. The only ECM mech I have any respect for is the Cicada because it can't load missiles. Every other ECM mech I've seen is loaded with as many SSRMs as it can hold.

right but if the other side has ecms too then... nothing is accomplished...

#15 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

ya thank god for ECM showing us all the way to generic jack of all trade builds. cuz ill never ever want to try any other builds...right? once again, proof that the ECM is limiting people.

there is such a concept as specializing. this is legitimate.

*if* the other side has ECM too. IF.

Before I never felt like I couldnt do well in a match with any mech I wanted. Now, I definitely will leave if its an ECM ******* match and I'd like to bring LRMs, which I am not ashamed at for. Skilled or otherwise, thats fine...I'll take one for the team so I can fill my role as long range suppressive fire

Edited by LOWJACKCITY, 05 December 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#16 geek

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostSarevos, on 05 December 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

or you could just use a balanced loadout :D and not be neutered by any one system lol

Jack of all ranges is a master of none.

#17 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

ya thank god for ECM showing us all the way to generic jack of all trade builds. cuz ill never ever want to try any other builds...right? once again, proof that the ECM is limiting people.

there is such a concept as specializing. this is legitimate.

do you know the downside of specializing? you can be hard countered...

View Postgeek, on 05 December 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Jack of all ranges is a master of none.

and never useless

#18 LOWJACKCITY

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

hard countered by not being able to use your weapons AT ALL? sorry that's just too much.

The counter to LRMs is SPEED. I never had any issues out running LRMs and getting behind their line to hassle LRM boats. It was fun. I miss it.

Edited by LOWJACKCITY, 05 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#19 Sarevos

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

*if* the other side has ECM too. IF.

Before I never felt like I couldnt do well in a match with any mech I wanted. Now, I definitely will leave if its an ECM ******* match and I'd like to bring LRMs, which I am not ashamed at for. Skilled or otherwise, thats fine...I'll take one for the team so I can fill my role as long range suppressive fire

but you see that makes it your rock no matter how many times or ways you throw scissors it never beats rock you need some paper for that.... Direct fire weapons are le papier

View PostLOWJACKCITY, on 05 December 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

hard countered by not being able to use your weapons AT ALL? sorry that's just too much.

The counter to LRMs is SPEED. I never had any issues out running LRMs and getting behind their line to hassle LRM boats. It was fun. I miss it.

you know the hard counter for an AC 20? distance and los oh no i cant use my weapons because youre out of range unfair... how silly does that sound?

#20 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostSarevos, on 05 December 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

or you could just use a balanced loadout :D and not be neutered by any one system lol

right but if the other side has ecms too then... nothing is accomplished...

"Balanced loadout" as in what? Should I run a stock A1 with only LRMs? I've ran 2 LRMs 4 SSRMs which I would consider a balanced loadout. Still useless against ECM. Or are SRMs the only balanced missile? An all-SRM loadout is balanced?

If the other side has ECM then missiles are useless for both teams. And it's still a big IF.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users