• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

View PostHeffay, on 21 February 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

Without a doubt. Art is art, and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

And I behold GREATNESS! Seriously...that's pretty good. :)

The back leg is a very nice touch!

#1362 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

At first I was kinda... eh

The more I look at it though... B)

#1363 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostOutrider890, on 21 February 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Posted Image
am I doing it right?

We have bacon!!!!!

.............oh hang on a sec.

#1364 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:05 AM

Since me no digitl art... can someone make an awesome MW: O widowmaker picture? (preferably the regular one, not the LRM config).

Just a random suggestion for those who have free time and feel productive but have no idea what to do...

#1365 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

So I just spent a few hours trying to get some models working in Solidworks (mostly the Atlas), and it's not really been successful.

Importing the STL and OBJ I've extracted don't work especially well.

Anyone have any reccomendations?

#1366 M-Lee

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

Hey there. Dear users, please help two Russian fans in the assembly of paper models. You have to do a little help, share models to work in the program RIno. Due to lack of time and lack of experience, we can not remove the model from the archives of the game. At present there is a test assembly Mad Dog and Mad Cat

All our achievements will be further laid out in free access. Helping us, I hope you oschaslivite huge number of people.

we need the following models

Wave 2 Prime
Resistence
Kingcrab
Urbanmech

By the way but our test work:
http://only-paper.ru/forum/91-18030-3
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1367 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

I haven't even figured out how to extract Clan Mechs yet....

Hell, if I could get just the naked ripped, but combined models from the game, I could work on importing and preparing them a lot faster, but instead, I have to figure it out based on the guides here.

It is what it is.

#1368 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

Ok, so...

I want to be able to print at least one of every mech in MWO at tabletop scale.
This is going to be a lot of work anyway, however, my speciality is CAD design, not mesh / game models and I can't even get things to extract quite right, and as such I am trying to learn to extract and construct mechs without a scale cgf file.
I'm struggling with this new format and learninng what to do.

However, I get 4-6 hours of free time a day, and of that I need to wash and spend time with my fiancee, hell even playing MWO would be nice.
I've spent around 10-12 hours of the last 3-4 days working on getting things extracted and importing them in, (Plus time on and off over the last couple of months looking at it) and I've had minimal / limited success in that time.

I've had some success with complete cgf scale files converted to stl's, plus these are mostly flawed / missing parts / old / different, and there's limitations on that and it's likely going to take me weeks just to learn how to use blender and get even the first mech(s) built to create the stepping stone between game files, and prep time.
Additionally, I haven't even gotten as far as figuring out how to play nice with clan mechs.
This is a mammoth undertaking that I may not have the time to dedicate to, and spend time on life, and set up the printer and start printing once that arrives.

So, I'm pretty sure I've asked this before, but I'm trying again in the vain hope I can skip this step.

What I need are at the very least, the primary stock variant of each mech chasis in the game, as found on Sarna.
I can compile a list if that helps.

I need these as a simple statue, with flat feet, as an STL. (Preferably under 20,000 triangles, but over is fine and workable).
I don't need any prep doing, just entire mechs straight from the game files, as STLs so that I can do the prep work without having to learn an entire new style of CG work first.

Even some to start, or a number slowly over time (preferably starting with the Locust), but ultimately any and all default models will help.

Otherwise I may have to consider skipping printing any mechs for a long time, as I just don't have the time to dedicate to it.

Edited by Ovion, 26 February 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#1369 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

People are going to be very wary about sharing the actual models. It's a gray area (dark gray, like charcoal) that we don't want to step into. PGI has been supportive of us so far, but I don't want to get shut down by blanket sharing of game files.

The script really does make things a lot easier for extracting and assembling the models. How far have you got in the process, and what issues are you seeing? I'm more than happy to help you with any issues you're having.

#1370 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

Awesome work Heffay i have success at last. a completely fictional and impossible locust (the weapons and a ton of ammo between them weigh as much as the mech lol)

Posted Image

dakkacust mkii
Posted Image

Edited by mad kat, 27 February 2015 - 06:39 AM.

#1371 M-Lee

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

Hello all. What I do wrong ? My files have format CGF. But Export in OBJ dont work.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by KK195, 02 March 2015 - 03:04 AM.

#1372 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:15 AM

I can't read what that top image says. You have a higher res version of it?

#1373 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

Little pest:
Posted Image

Not sure im finished with this one yet.

#1374 M-Lee

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

Sorry for my image. The problem is this- there is no renaming formats.Posted Image

Edited by KK195, 02 March 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#1375 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:29 AM

Do you have the cryengine plugin put in the Noesis plugin folder?

#1376 Tiny Terrapin

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

View PostKK195, on 02 March 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Hello all. What I do wrong ? My files have format CGF. But Export in OBJ dont work.

Ha ha this just happened to me too and around the same time... did you download and add the 'Cryengine model plugin for Noesis' to the Noesis plugin directory? the link to the plugin is in the first youtube vid description if not the first post... Took me a while to figure out.

Edit -- Oh I got beat to it... that is what I get for not refreshing after a drop

Edited by DS614, 02 March 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#1377 M-Lee

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

Thank you very much for your assistance conditional and tip . Excuse me for my carelessness in the analysis of learning. In the future , I hope you will help a beginner in this matter.

Edited by KK195, 02 March 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#1378 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostKK195, on 02 March 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Thank you very much for your assistance conditional and tip . Excuse me for my carelessness in the analysis of learning. In the future , I hope you will help a beginner in this matter.

It's less an issue of carelessness and more an issue of crappy tutorials. ;)

Some day I *swear* I'll get it updated!

#1379 M-Lee

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:11 AM

Well , the questions continue. Kindly tell me to video tutorials opens a file called scale . But what if some folders missing this file ? What do I need to open ? It turns the model torn into its component parts.

Edited by KK195, 02 March 2015 - 09:15 AM.

#1380 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostKK195, on 02 March 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

Well , the questions continue. Kindly tell me to video tutorials opens a file called scale . But what if some folders missing this file ? What do I need to open ? It turns the model torn into its component parts.

The scale file only applies to the first 8 mechs they created. The ones after that have to be manually assembled using the mech importer script. Watch the 2nd tutorial (and supplemental) as those go into much greater detail on how to use that script.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users