European players would like their answer please!

268 replies to this topic

#1 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 May 2012 - 09:52 AM, said:

EURO PLAYERS! Please hold tight for some clarification on the press release. It's all good news!

What we (from Europe) need is first an answer if there are going to be regional servers or not.

After that either a confirmation that migration of servers will be possible, that our accounts are global and we can log into all of the offered servers or that there will be an operation inception for the european server.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Operation: Clarification was posted after that 'hold tight' message

http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/

An even more recent post from Bryan says:

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 May 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

No official word on account migration yet.

They're clearly aware of the issue, but I don't think any new developments should be expected so soon. They've got their hands full with setting up the NA beta server. I'm sure they will tell everyone the international and/or migration updates as soon as they can.

#3 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Would also be interesting to know whether peopel who aren't based in NA have a chance of getting into closed beta since peopel have started talking about that.
. Sure there is no IP blocking, but that doesn't mean, that any or at least a particular big amount of non-North Americans are picked.

If us Europeans knew we would propably pissed if we didn't get picked because of our home, but at least we knew if it was worth waiting for a key to arrive...

Edited by Faenwulf, 27 May 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#4 Aelos03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

i hope to see same thing like in dota 2 i should be able to chose any region to play on and my acc is global so i can talk to everybody if i can't
play in some region we all should be able to find some compromise and play on different region.]

I expect to see on open beta euro server up and ready if not then its to early for open beta.

#5 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

Just a reminder that its still not answered.

#6 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 27 May 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Would also be interesting to know whether peopel who aren't based in NA have a chance of getting into closed beta since peopel have started talking about that.
. Sure there is no IP blocking, but that doesn't mean, that any or at least a particular big amount of non-North Americans are picked.

If us Europeans knew we would propably pissed if we didn't get picked because of our home, but at least we knew if it was worth waiting for a key to arrive...

Everyone can access closed beta but they will be playing on servers located in NA, this has been answered plenty of times.

#7 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

After that either a confirmation that migration of servers will be possible, that our accounts are global and we can log into all of the offered servers or that there will be an operation inception for the european server.

This is important. I don't think the developpers realize how important that is...
2 key points :

- If we're only allowed to play on our european server, then it's no use to start joining clans that are based outside of our zone.

- If there is no inception operation for european players, then that pretty much means that we won't even get into the beta...Or maybe into the later open-beta just before the official release.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or anything, I don't mind waiting and all ; but some info would be nice because eveer since this "european problem" appeared with the annonce of operation inception, we didn't got much to chew on ;).

After all, Europe has been waging war for a lot longer than the USA, we just want to keep doing what we do best ^_^ !

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 28 May 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Just a reminder that its still not answered.

I'm sure they will tell you as soon as they can.

you can't really expect any new developments over the weekend when they're not in the office.

#9 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 27 May 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

What we (from Europe) need is first an answer if there are going to be regional servers or not.

christ they havent even tested their primary server why not have some patience and keep waiting like everyone else

#10 GoriKarafong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

I am a european player as well, but it does not help to force any answers from the mods/devs. I would like to get an answer too, but honestly the only thing we can do is wait until they have figured something out. I am pretty sure if they would have an answer we would already know about it. Lets stay cool. Just one thing would be relaxing to know, if we can get that important answer in time before the founder-package can be ordered. I would regret buying it in NA and finding out I cannot use it or cannot migrate on an European server.

I am sure the European Players are way to important to neglect. Just have a look on how and where Battletech chapters existed the last years. We just need to wait a bit more.

CU around
Gori

#11 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

Can't remember I ever asked. Must have been drunk or something.

#12 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

I really hope that the servers will be open and all accounts are global and we can log into all of the offered servers
our Merc Unit has players from all over the world , and this game IMHO will be big enough to really bring the world,
together.

I once joked about it, but think ,The Mechwarrior Universe has the potential and is loved by so many around the world,
It really could help foster "world Peace" !!!
If we are busy fighting in the game, whos got time to do it in real life????

So I hope the game will have servers capable of the demands we the players will put on it.

#13 Karaya1

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPrague, Bohemia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

I don't get why everyone wants to play BETA so badly. It's an unfinished, buginfested version of the game, and people participating in beta testing aren't actually playing, they are just testing stuff, reporting bugs etc. I truly appreciate everyone who is helping the devs by participating in the beta test program, and I think since NA has by far the biggest mechwarrior fan base, they are best for the job.

I myself prefer to wait for the actual game, and don't want to spoil my expectations by the beta version.

The most important thing for me is to know if there will be actual european server, when it will be launched (I really hope it wont be delayed after the release in NA), and how about the server migration.

#14 CharonJr

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

I dare to say that they are currently looking for any potential european partner to distribute/host the game because if they wanted to do it themself most likely there already would have been an answer.

And if they are looking for a partner I dare to say that the talks will take some time before an agreement is reached or they come to the conclusion that the conditions are not acceptable.

#15 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Even if they are in talks with potential european partners they could at least inform us if it is their intention to open a european server, have global accounts, allow migration or doing regional "Operation Inceptions".

#16 Vollstrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

It may just take longer than a week or two for any real news on a potentially massive issue such as this, since distribution deals and the like do take time to hammer out.

Stomping around and demanding an answer is somewhat selfish, I'm sure they'll be quite happy to share any news they get as soon as they're cleared to.

#17 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

We do not have a final answer on migration. Our goal would be to support it.

#18 LJim

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well going to post something, but there's an answer of sorts, im sure that getting the beta up and running has been stressful enough, give them some breathing space.

Edited by Harness, 28 May 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#19 hornet331

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

bummer... the pre order packages are quite intriguing, without migration its not anymore. Although it has been said that there maybe will be similar packages for EU, im not counting on that... ;)

#20 Arnold Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, NRW, Germany

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 May 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

We do not have a final answer on migration. Our goal would be to support it.

That would be very nice! At the moment the Founder's Packages are for us non-NA players more of less worth. I bet there would be plenty of those who will buy one at 100% certainty if we could take it with us when the other Region Servers will arrive.
<---- One of them I know already personally! :) ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users