European players would like their answer please!

268 replies to this topic

#41 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Which can be covered by all that Foudner Packs Money they will only be getting if they set up those servers.

Plenty to go around there. (100 People who buy the pack means 6000$! And there are hundreds waiting to spend 30-60$!)

#42 UncleKulikov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostFaenwulf, on 31 May 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Which can be covered by all that Foudner Packs Money they will only be getting if they set up those servers.

Plenty to go around there. (100 People who buy the pack means 6000$! And there are hundreds waiting to spend 30-60$!)

And costs for having developed the game for years have accumulated, friend. $6000 wouldn't pay for a single person's salary.

#43 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Yeah I know, don't need to tell me.

But if they prefer paying their own salary ( which they knew will take a long time to come) instead of putting up chances to earn mroe moeny fast (Servers), than they don't need to wonder if they need to shut down soon.

#44 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

You misunderstud.

We don't know how the server support wan't to be solve. In-house or third party?
We don't know how they wan't to make the regional server payment. If you play an EU server, then you have to pay under EU regulations (and pay EU taxes), which is different than you play in an NA server.

If you watch over, all regional game servers follow this code.

So it's not only, "okay, we are stationed in Canada, rent some server in the EU, and you only need to pay to us" thing...

#45 Vollstrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostMcGruff, on 31 May 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

As server staging costs do not differ to much worldwide, I personally do not see why a decision/information should take too long. Administration will hardly be an issue as servers can nowadays be controlled from anywhere.

There are also licensing rights, distribution, and don't forget customer support too. Do they only offer support in some languages or do they need to partner with a distributor in Europe? If the latter, there's even more negotiation required, as they'll have to hammer out what is paid, what (if any) portion of that regions microtransaction income would go to said distributor, etc.

These affairs are hardly simple, and do take time.

#46 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, everything stuff that isn't new.

As I said, I am NOT and i repeat NOT interested WHEN and HOW the servers and server migration will come around.

I ONLY want to know that they WILL BE around sometime, ESPECIALLY the server migration.

With the details and setting up etc. they can take as much tiem as needed. other F2P game companies ( see WoT, LoL, etc.) got servers worldwide running too, so a defintie "YES it will be happening" is not too much to be asking.

#47 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

18 days left.. and counting :(

#48 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

#49 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

16 days left and no final answer.

#50 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

Dude, we are all on edge because there is no answer.
But I doubt this will accomplish anything.

Better use your time to sharpen the pitchfork and load up your 'Mech. Ju7st in Case there will be no good news for us Non-NA players...

#51 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 27 May 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Operation: Clarification was posted after that 'hold tight' message

That hardly clears up anything. The language they're using is ambiguous, at best, and confusing at worst.

They need to lay out a no-bullshit plan of how accounts will work, what servers will be available, whether or not you can freely move regions, explain the Founder's deals for international customers and whether or not there will be other versions of them.

Because right now, their language suggests that if you buy the current Founder's Deal, you will automatically be locked to NA servers. That may not be what they intended to say, but that's what most people are reading it as.

This makes me question why you'd even need different packages for different regions. It's like they're trying to make this process as convoluted and non-sensical as possible.

#52 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

They already said that they would like to support server migrations.

That said, read the monthly review here. This states clearly that there will be more information on this topic soon.
My guess is for E 3, but at the latest for the 19th June. I Don't think they would screw with their players that much as to start the sale before anything definite has been said on the topic of Non-NA based players.

#53 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 03 June 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Dude, we are all on edge because there is no answer.
But I doubt this will accomplish anything.

Better use your time to sharpen the pitchfork and load up your 'Mech. Ju7st in Case there will be no good news for us Non-NA players...

Just doing my own little countdown, besides i have stocked up on both $, roses, praise (in case there is good news) and tar & feathers, sharp pitchforks and torches (in case of bad or no news) :rolleyes:

#54 Frostiken

• 1,156 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 03 June 2012 - 05:50 AM, said:

They already said that they would like to support server migrations.

Why is this even a thing? This isn't World of Warcraft, this is a F2P game, what's the difference where the server you're playing on is located? Why isn't there just a unified account that controls your character data like every other game ever ever?

And why are the developers telling us what they'd like to like, the decision isn't up to them?

Edited by Frostiken, 03 June 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#55 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Last time I checked, the developers produced the game and paid for it. So yes, the decision IS up to them.
Not supporting it would be a very dumb decision, but a valid one nevertheless.

Besides of that, we don't have any information regarding how the game servers will run. But it is possible that player storage etc. is put up on a global server and that the games will be run on local servers. And these local servers will be needed to grant everyone equally good connection to the game, so that everyone will be able to paly with as little lag as possible.

First think, then post.

#56 Frostiken

• 1,156 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

I'm honestly surprised that they're neglecting EU so much, especially since Battletech is much, much more popular in Germany than it is in the States.

#57 Frostiken

• 1,156 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 03 June 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

Last time I checked, the developers produced the game and paid for it. So yes, the decision IS up to them.

Uh, no sh*t Sherlock. I'm referring to the langauge they're using regarding it. We'd like to support server migration. This makes it sound like there's someone else making the call, like their server hosts they chose. Why can't they give us a definitive answer? The game is on the brink of release, and they still don't even have even the slightest clue of how their own multiplayer works, much less any sort of plan regarding international support?

Besides of that, we don't have any information regarding how the game servers will run. But it is possible that player storage etc. is put up on a global server and that the games will be run on local servers. And these local servers will be needed to grant everyone equally good connection to the game, so that everyone will be able to paly with as little lag as possible.

First think, then post.

Think? How about you think. "But it is possible that player storage etc. is put up on a global server and that the games will be run on local servers." You don't say? Yeah, that sure is possible, because that's how every game that isn't insane works. However, this doesn't jive whatsoever with any of their language they've used regarding server migrations, regions, buying Founders Packs, etc.

Thank you for passing off your baseless speculation founded in nothing whatsoever with zero support from anything any developer has said as common-knowledge fact and then being a pretentious *** about it, you giant bag with which one douches. Everything they have said has vaguely implied region locking, complete lack of access for European customers, packages that limit you to what severs you can play on, inability to actually change where you live without most likely paying them money, etc.

Nothing they've said has suggested that you can just jump into whatever region you want freely.

Edited by Frostiken, 03 June 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#58 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

They have said that they will not have any IP ban.. you can play on any server (but they havent stated where those servers will be) but you might have bad ping on servers far away.

The Operation Inception is only for the NA server though so far.

#59 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostFrostiken, on 03 June 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Uh, no sh*t Sherlock. I'm referring to the langauge they're using regarding it.

Thank you for passing off your baseless speculation founded in nothing whatsoever with zero support from anything any developer has said as common-knowledge fact and then being a pretentious *** about it, you giant bag with which one douches.

Calling people names isn't going to help this discussion along. Perhaps you should take a break and relax a little.

#60 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

They're worried about getting everything together for E3 right now. Everyone please relax, they will have an answer for you when they're ready to give you concrete information. I would rather wait for the 100% correct answer than to push for an answer that might not be correct or change later.

Have a little faith!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users