European players would like their answer please!

268 replies to this topic

#81 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

It's so nice...every night I am on the forums, I can count on you to post here.... :P

(And every time you remind me how little days are left and make me more and more nervous! :angry:)

#82 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

An answer along the lines of .. "we don't know about regional servers yet, but we will transfer founders status to new servers if you decide to move to a closer server" .. would probably aliveate alot of worries.

As it stands, I will not be purchasing a founders pack without being secure in the knowldege that my founder status would be transfered to a new region closer to home.

I would also like to not miss out on the founders status because it 'might' be run when opening a new server zone, only to find out they are only doing europe and not Australisia.

The term 'global account' has been tossed around, and I think that would be the best way to do it. Your founder status will be transfered over to a new zone as it comes on-line, but not your progression.

I think (hope) that would be enough for most other people as well.

#83 The Crow2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationAustralia Mate !

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Global account would be nice, sometimes I want to play in times that arent our peak times, so in most games on jump on a NA West server during those times to play.

#84 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Well.. with E3 over then perhaps we can get an answer on monday when they are back at work.

#85 Alexander Caine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

9 days to go. I'm starting to resign myself to the idea that we are pretty much going to get screwed again here. If the ping to NA is 200 or less, i'll play that, but since I can't even find THAT out until open Beta (and possibly Inception will be closed by then), this is bad.

It's a really poor situation to be honest, and it's going to lose sales for Piranha, which sucks, as I desperately want this game to be huge. But I don't want it so much that I can blindly throw money at something that may be unplayable for me.

Just ANY reassurance would be good!

#86 Solarflux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationDeventer, Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

View PostReggimus, on 09 June 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

An answer along the lines of .. "we don't know about regional servers yet, but we will transfer founders status to new servers if you decide to move to a closer server" .. would probably aliveate alot of worries.

This. I don't want to buy a non-transferable founder pack for a server I may not be playing on later on when EU server does become available. Anxiously awaiting news (or a beta invite of course ^_^).

#87 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Slow down people.
I assure you I am the last person to not understand your fears. I'm grinding my teeth anxiously, too.

But my first point: Today is a sunday and I am pretty sure that there aren't many people working today over at PGI (not to forget that if you count in that they are in another timezone, many are possibly asleep still).

Second Point: Since there is not much time left until Operation:Inception, we WILL get an answer soon, whatever that may be. I can't think of any reason why PGI would not give us any information. That said, with E3 over now they are most likely to be working on the closed beta and all that business stuff related to Operation:Inception and Servers. Give them some time to get things going.

And my third and last point: PGI knows their fanbase rather well, especially because of these forums.They know that about half of their players are Non-NA based people. This is a demographic they can't ignore ( and I'm pretty sure us europeans are the biggest part of that demographic), because if they did, they'd just screw themselves. They would be loosing a lot of money (and many people in these Forums have already told, blackmailed or even threatened PGI that they won't be buying anything for the game if this would happen) . And this is something they can not accept because it would most likely be going to be a huge financial loss and MWO would go down like a stone in a river. They have been working for the last couple of years (sometimes more sometimes less) on this game and if they screw it up now, they are going to have a big problem.

So, fear not! There will be some information soon, at the latest on 19th June when Operation:Inception starts. I am pretty sure they are going to accomodate us all. If not by launching with European and Australian servers, then at least by promising us server migrations at a later date (which would give us all the opportunity to buy the Operation:Inception packs - this would be a well needed financial boost for PGI).

Edited by Faenwulf, 10 June 2012 - 03:55 AM.

#88 Solarflux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationDeventer, Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

Nice post Faenwulf.

#89 Alexander Caine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 10 June 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

Slow down people.
I assure you I am the last person to not understand your fears. I'm grinding my teeth anxiously, too.

But my first point: Today is a sunday and I am pretty sure that there aren't many people working today over at PGI not to forget that if you count in that they are in another timezone, many are possibly asleep still).

Second Point: Sicne there is not much time left until Operation:Inception, we WILL get an answer soon, whatever that may be. I can't think of any reason why PGI would not give us any information. That said, with E3 over now they are most likely to be working on the closed beta and all that business stuff related to Operation:Inception and Servers. Give them some time to get things going.

And my third and last point: PGI knows their fanbase rather well, especially because of these forums.They know that about half of their players are Non-NA based people. This is a demographic they can't ignore ( and I'm pretty sure us europeans are the biggest part of that demographic), because if they did, they'd just screw themselves. They would be loosing a lot of money (and many people in these Forums have already told, blackmailed or even threatened PGI that they won't be buying anything for the game if this would happen) . And this is something they can not accept because it would most likely be going to be a huge financial loss and MWO would go down like a stone in a river. They have been working for the last couple of years (sometimes more sometimes less) on this game and if they screw it up now, they are going to have a big problem.

So, fear not! There will be some information soon, at the latest on 19th June when Operation:Inception starts. I am pretty sure they are going to accomodate us all. If not by launching with European and Australian servers, then at least by promising us server migrations at a later date (which would give us all the opportunity to buy the Operation:Inception packs - this would be a well needed financial boost for PGI).

Great post, but logic pales in the face of my concern that I may not get to play what is possibly my most anticipated game EVER at full performance ^_^

You are likely right though.

#90 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

hoping for monday, and then it´s just a week ahead... omg...

#91 NinjaCool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDenmark (happiest people on earth!)

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

ops wrong thread ^_^

Edited by NinjaCool, 10 June 2012 - 06:34 AM.

#92 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

Nothing brings Europe together like the fear of not being supported. ^_^

#93 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

As someone has already said.. we are now down to 9 days left.

I really hope they will come through for us now this coming week or the disappointment will be enormous.

#94 yngvef

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThe planet Bardu

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Yes, I will not buy any founders pack before being assured that the founder status, founder mech and cbills will be usable on this side of the Atlantic.

Playing on servers in North America is out of the question. You are very lucky if the ping is below 250 overseas.

#95 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

View Postyngvef, on 10 June 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Playing on servers in North America is out of the question. You are very lucky if the ping is below 250 overseas.

Depends on the exact location of the servers. East coast servers give you a ping of about 120, which should be okay for a short while.

Nevertheless, I agree. Only spending money when I know that it won't be for naught.

#96 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

I totally agree to what Faenwulf posted. Looking at the fact that PGI knows that there is an enire market outside of NA, just eagerly waiting to throw money at them, I dont think that they will pass on such a chance.
IMO, besides E3 being one of the reasons that not much Info has been passed down, I would think that they are pretty much currently working on a solution for us outside NA.

Just my 2 cents

rgds

#97 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostOmdra, on 10 June 2012 - 11:11 PM, said:

I totally agree to what Faenwulf posted. Looking at the fact that PGI knows that there is an enire market outside of NA, just eagerly waiting to throw money at them, I dont think that they will pass on such a chance.
IMO, besides E3 being one of the reasons that not much Info has been passed down, I would think that they are pretty much currently working on a solution for us outside NA.

Just my 2 cents

rgds

Wouldnt doubt for a second that they are looking at the option, hell I played
TT much more when I lived in Germany than I did when I moved back to the states.
Met alot of good players (civilians and military) there that I still talk to after 26 years.
Would think it comes down to money and logistics at this point.
Although thats just pure speculation.

#98 LordDeathStrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

whys everyone wringing their hands in the air like a frenchman who heard germans are invading?!

#99 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 10 June 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

whys everyone wringing their hands in the air like a frenchman who heard germans are invading?!

Ya think maybe its that extra 100 to 200ms too their ping that might prevail?:P

#100 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

When we invade, the Frenchman aren't wringing their hands in the air - they can't because they are lieing flat down on the ground. :P

Well, besides that:
Yeah, Iwould like to be able to buy the Foudners Pack and have the chance to use it on a European Server, even if I have to migrate later down the road.
I am not interested in:

1) Playing on a US Server with 100-200 Ping the whole time.
2) Buying the Founders Pack just to get told I can't transfer it to another Server.
3) Waiting to play the game while other people already started playing it on a NA Server. (I could maybe wait 1-2 Weeks tops, but who knows how long the Founders Pack Headstart is?)

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users