European players would like their answer please!

268 replies to this topic

#121 freebird33

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

i for one can wait for game to go live but if i was lucky enough to get a beta key it would be good and as im from euro zone and had to play on us server i wouldent be bothered about it as long as i got to play

#122 chumppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVaasa, Finland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

I'm starting to cringe a bit ;)

#123 LordDeathStrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 27 May 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

What we (from Europe) need is first an answer if there are going to be regional servers or not.

After that either a confirmation that migration of servers will be possible, that our accounts are global and we can log into all of the offered servers or that there will be an operation inception for the european server.

forty two

#124 Prophanity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:12 AM

Less than a week to go before their product launch, and still no answer for potential European customers.

I'm guessing PGI don't want our money. An interesting business model.

#125 Therion I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHerts, UK

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:17 AM

View Postfreebird33, on 13 June 2012 - 01:15 AM, said:

i for one can wait for game to go live but if i was lucky enough to get a beta key it would be good and as im from euro zone and had to play on us server i wouldent be bothered about it as long as i got to play

I'm sure you'd change your mind very quickly. Having a poor connection will serriously dampen your enjoyment.

Not to be too harsh but anyone in EU who buys the NA founders pack whithout concrete information on whether there will be server migration is being foolish. When they first announcent the founders packs they even said non-NA should wait and see, see quote below:

We may also run a similar Operation for other regions, therefore we are required to recommend that for the best play experience you register and play in your region in the near future.

We haven't even seen 100% confirmation that there will even be EU servers. As far as I am aware they are in talks with third parties. Without agreements in place there is no guarentee, see quote below:

As we have mentioned we are working very hard to launch MechWarrior Online in every region worldwide

'Working very hard' does not mean 'it's a sure-fire bet'.

#126 Gingo

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

Theres a tweet chat today, just submit a question about it, maybe theyll say something

#127 Mordred Davion

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 15 posts
  • LocationJade Falcon Occupation Zone

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostCheveyo, on 11 June 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Nothing more to say about it.

In short terms : no answer - no money

This ^^ for me too

#128 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

I bet we have to pay more for our EU founders package, I reckon they will say £60 instead of $60.
Iam really surprised in this day and age they are not launching beta in the EU at the same time instead we may have to wait longer which is sooooo 2001.

#129 Therion I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHerts, UK

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostBoymonkey, on 13 June 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

I bet we have to pay more for our EU founders package, I reckon they will say £60 instead of $60.
Iam really surprised in this day and age they are not launching beta in the EU at the same time instead we may have to wait longer which is sooooo 2001.

Surely no one would pay £60 for a slight bonus in a free to pay game? I've not really played any F2P games but I imagined I would limit myself to spending between £5-10 a month maximum. £60 up front as well wouldn't add up.

#130 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

So still no update... nice.

NOT! ;)

#131 Alexander Caine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Bumping to keep this on first page. it's a vastly more important issue than "I didn't get into beta" and other rubbish.

#132 Sneak

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'm a surefire bet to buy the elite package.. Or rather, I would be - if this issue would be adressed. I'm not paying 60 bucks and then ending up with not being able to use the benefits on a stable server near me - should such a server become reality.

#133 hornet331

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Hmm sad to still see nothing in that regard... the only thing I want to hear that it will be possible to migrate to EU once the servers are open (with all the stuff of course).

If they keep silent I keep my money...

#134 Mjelnir

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I hope we get some kind of info soon.

#135 Alexander Caine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

View Posthornet331, on 13 June 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Hmm sad to still see nothing in that regard... the only thing I want to hear that it will be possible to migrate to EU once the servers are open (with all the stuff of course).

If they keep silent I keep my money...

That would be fine. I can live with non-EU servers, and would buy the ERLite, if they would just say "There WILL be EU servers, and you WILL be able to migrate".

"Maybe", "Hopefully", "we're trying" doesn't really encourage $60 of blind faith.

#136 chumppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationVaasa, Finland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'd be even fine with when the EU servers open you get "fresh" founder's package, meaning you get the whole thing again for the EU servers after you've played on the US servers. Even if there's no migration type stuff.

#137 Alexander Caine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

I could even live with that, yeah. Fresh founders and start from scratch would STILL be acceptable, thats how much I want to play this. But i'm not an *****, and won't throw money at nothing.

View PostAlexander Caine, on 13 June 2012 - 08:07 AM, said:

I could even live with that, yeah. Fresh founders and start from scratch would STILL be acceptable, thats how much I want to play this. But i'm not an *****, and won't throw money at nothing.

Really? Id10t is filtered? 0,o

#138 hornet331

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

View Postchumppi, on 13 June 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

I'd be even fine with when the EU servers open you get "fresh" founder's package, meaning you get the whole thing again for the EU servers after you've played on the US servers. Even if there's no migration type stuff.

Paying 2 times.. meh wouldn't do that... but I would pay a "migration fee" if its not more then 10$, other games also charge for char move so I am somewhat ok with that... but full price to start from zero? nah.

#139 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

No migration would be harsh...Honestly I don't know if I would continu playing, if I'd restart from scratch or not. I think not, because that implies 2 things :

- Either you don't upgrade at all your US account, which means you're stuck with one mech all the time. I say BORING.
- Or you upgrade normally, buy founder's package and all...And have to do it all over again.

I think I'd just play a bit on US servers to test everything and see how it is, but I'd wait for EU servers.

Paying 2 times.. meh wouldn't do that... but I would pay a "migration fee" if its not more then 10$, other games also charge for char move so I am somewhat ok with that... but full price to start from zero? nah.

I second this. This would suck to pay because I don't live in the US and don't want to wait X months to play on EU servers ; but I'd still do it...

#140 chumppi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationVaasa, Finland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

@Alexander Caine, yeah and it ruins my sig :lol:

@hornet331 No, not paying twice, starting fresh on EU servers with a Founder's Package.

1. Buy once, play on US servers
2. Wait for EU servers to come up
3. Start playing on EU servers when they come up, WITH the founder's package, WITH fresh $80(if you buy elite) of in-game c-bills.

That'd be acceptable for me.

Migration fee? Hell no.

Edited by chumppi, 13 June 2012 - 08:26 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users