European players would like their answer please!

268 replies to this topic

#21 Solarflux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationDeventer, Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

Thanks for the update Bryan. It seems many Euro's (including me) are very willing to spend money on a founders package if it is possible to migrate the goodies at some later time. Looking forward to hearing more about this subject when things become clearer.

#22 Ratzap

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

I'll certainly play whereever it's hosted out of but if the lag is bad enough (ie west coast US) I'm afraid I won't be buying anything. As an EU player, east coast US is ok mostly from the latency perspective but can have a lot of routing problems and dropouts. Something based in a well connected EU land (UK, netherlands etc) would be perfect.
The Aus folks would probably want a SEA server or failing that west US usually works for them.

I do hope this is cleared up in time as I want to go for a founders package but do not wish to be shafted on location. I may have more money than sense but I ain't *that* stupid ;)

Ratzap

#23 Tarskin

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts
  • LocationDen Haag, Nederland

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

We either need to know that we can migrate out accounts (meaning we can buy founders pack for US) or if we get our own operation: inception for the EU server (so we don't buy a founders pack for the US server).

PS: I will buy a founders pack instantly the second you confirm that we can transfer ;)

Edited by Tarskin, 29 May 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#24 Elianto

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRome - Kiev

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

If migration is confirmed I'll buy Founders pack for sure as soon as it's available! Just need a confirm.

#25 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:06 AM

Indeed, give the option to migrate accounts over servers and eventually a Euro server and I would invest some Euros in this game. ;)

#26 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 May 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

We do not have a final answer on migration. Our goal would be to support it.

Even if you do not have a final answer it is good to hear that the goal is to support it. Thank you.

#27 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

Today is the 31st, you now have 19 days to answer the questions before Operation Inception goes on sale.

#28 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 31 May 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Today is the 31st, you now have 19 days to answer the questions before Operation Inception goes on sale.

I don't think they can answer anymore than they already have. Bryan has stated they would like to support it, but right now, it's not on the cards, certainly not going to happen in 19 days. You'll have to just 1) join NA for beta / digital packs and wait for migration to come down the pipe (if at all). 2) Wait for the EU server to launch before joining. I know it's a little frustrating for EU players, but I guess just hold tight, and have some faith. Fingers crossed it will happen.

#29 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Well, if they havent got it figured out until the 19th they will loose a lot of money from Europeans who want to know for sure before they buy Operation Inception.

#30 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Exactly.
I was going to wait for after E3 but oh well.

I am not going to buy a Founders pack until I know that if there will be EU Servers or something simialr to join on for me as a European and that I will be able to migrate properly. This means, either my whole account gets transferred or I at least get the foudner Stuff (again) with my new account on the Eu Servers.

Without this, I will NOT buy the Founders Pack, and so will propably many other Non-NA players. PGI should really start clarifying some thigns on this topic if they don't want to alienate at least half of their player base from the rest.
I am not that much interested when there will be Regional Servers or hwo the migration works.
I am only interested whether there definitely will be Regional Servers ( if not, I won't buy the Founders Pack because I first want to see how the game runs for me as a European) and if there are going to be Regional Servers that there will be migrations in any case and that PGI will be trying EVERYTHING to make them happen.

#31 UncleKulikov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 752 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 27 May 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Operation: Clarification was posted after that 'hold tight' message

http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/

An even more recent post from Bryan says:
They're clearly aware of the issue, but I don't think any new developments should be expected so soon. They've got their hands full with setting up the NA beta server. I'm sure they will tell everyone the international and/or migration updates as soon as they can.
Also the packs can't even be purchased for another two weeks.

#32 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 28 May 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Even if they are in talks with potential european partners they could at least inform us if it is their intention to open a european server, have global accounts, allow migration or doing regional "Operation Inceptions".

Ya right. They inform you guys that's the plan and the plan changes. Imagine the whining in so many languages...

If anyhting, as game companies progressed over the years they've learned that gamers don't appreciate anything and giving out information that isn't set in stone will burn them.

Only yourselves to blame.

#33 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 28 May 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

I once joked about it, but think ,The Mechwarrior Universe has the potential and is loved by so many around the world,
It really could help foster "world Peace" !!!
If we are busy fighting in the game, whos got time to do it in real life????

So I hope the game will have servers capable of the demands we the players will put on it.

Isn't that why Korea hasn't made a move? Everyone's too busy playing SC2.

#34 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yeah, we heard that quite a while ago. And as I said, I wanted to wait for after E3, since it would have been only a little more then a week then. But since it was brought up again, I went ahead and wrote up my post anyways.

As I said, I don't need any exact details. What would be enough for me (any many other players) is an official statement that there will be regional servers and that there will definitely be server migrations of some sort including your foudners pack bonuses.
This way, PGi would get lots and lots of money from thousands of fands worldwide.
If they don't put up something like this till the 19th, they will propably lose lots and lots dollars from players worldwide.

Edited by Faenwulf, 31 May 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#35 Snib

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostFaenwulf, on 31 May 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

If they don't put up something like this till the 19th, they will propably lose lots and lots dollars from players worldwide.

Of course they will. Of course they know that, too. Of course they want that money. So of course they will be working at making it happen, and announce it once they have something to announce.

Patience.

#36 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostSnib, on 31 May 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Of course they will. Of course they know that, too. Of course they want that money. So of course they will be working at making it happen, and announce it once they have something to announce.

Patience.

Gamer patience.....similar to a ***** who's had a few drink and is ready to go.

#37 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 31 May 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Gamer patience.....similar to a ***** who's had a few drink and is ready to go.

Indeed. But try to look over the issue.

The NA open beta start within a month, the game released within two months.

As the Great Codex of Gamers says, if there is no official announcements, then you won't expect that in the foreseeable future (let's call three months).

Edited by Cifu, 31 May 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#38 McGruff

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTerra, 52-23 N 13-24 E

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 27 May 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Operation: Clarification was posted after that 'hold tight' message

http://mwomercs.com/...-clarification/

An even more recent post from Bryan says:

They're clearly aware of the issue, but I don't think any new developments should be expected so soon. They've got their hands full with setting up the NA beta server. I'm sure they will tell everyone the international and/or migration updates as soon as they can.

As server staging costs do not differ to much worldwide, I personally do not see why a decision/information should take too long. Administration will hardly be an issue as servers can nowadays be controlled from anywhere.

#39 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

I've seen plenty "out of the blue" annoucenments in games because the devs wait until it's in 100% before advertising.

I mean, once they get NA up and all the kinks worked through, tossing up some more if the EU gets their own won't take as long.

#40 Cifu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHungary, EU

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostMcGruff, on 31 May 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

As server staging costs do not differ to much worldwide, I personally do not see why a decision/information should take too long. Administration will hardly be an issue as servers can nowadays be controlled from anywhere.

You forgot the payment issue...

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users