Non-Meta Attrition/garrison Strength

5 replies to this topic

#1 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

Imagine what you fought with had a Strategic impact besides the tactical impact.

So that running stock mechs and anti personal weapons like machine guns and flamers along with the cost of your "stable" and maybe even ELO has a post impact on the out come of each fight.

Currently your planet is divided in 11 tiles. Two groups fight for a tile defender wins he keeps the tile, attacker wins he gets the tile. (im guessing that's how it works)

We start with the tile being defended. Say it has 100 hit points. Two forces fight. The defenders have stock mechs and plenty of anti-personel weapons. But the attackers only bring their high expensive top of the line builds. They win the fight but instead of just getting the tile they lower its hit points. But the proportion of how its lowered depends on how much attrition/garrison strength they came with and how much the attrition/garrison strength brought by the defenders. So even if they won they might not get to hold the tile.

If they attacked with stock mechs and more "small arms" anti personel weapons. And won they could have had a better chance of taking the tile in one shot. Or if the defenders defend with a high garrison strength it lessens the percentage of it being taken.

This is just to give some kind of trade off because currently your mech could cost 40 million in C-bills and there is no penalty for you or your faction losing it.

Or like if your only taking 140 tons of a max 240 tons, There really should be a compensation somewhere. Maybe 100 tons of extra "turret". :ph34r:

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

Why do IS players always want to gimp themselves by using mechs that are outclassed in TT and perform even worse in MW:O?

#3 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:17 AM

I love the Bishop and the Rook, why do I have to have a Queen and Pawns. I am sorry, but the Clan/IS OP threads have more meaning.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

Why in the world would you want to purposefully take 100 less tons of mech?
Why in the world would you want to purposefully take stock mechs? (unless you're using a trial mech in some cases)

That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Players taking 100 tons of mechs shouldn't be rewarded. They shoul dbe flogged by their team for losing an entire CW match for them single-handedly unless they are just the bestes most uber "get 20 kills on their lonesome" kinda pilot.

Which is kind like the unicorn and bigfoot...

#5 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:10 AM

View PostSandpit, on 22 December 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

Why in the world would you want to purposefully take stock mechs? (unless you're using a trial mech in some cases)

That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Players taking 100 tons of mechs shouldn't be rewarded. They shoul dbe flogged by their team for losing an entire CW match for them single-handedly unless they are just the bestes most uber "get 20 kills on their lonesome" kinda pilot.

not every "Stock" mech is bad.

Awesome 8Q for instance.

And when many of us are talking "stock" builds, we're talking loadout, IE weaponry, not armor allocation or DHS/Endo upgrades if they can be added.

Heck the stock Hunckback 4G is even decent [minus the small laser in the head, I always upgrade that to a medium]

Keep in mind too, a lot of what we considered "Bad" builds in the past, are actually seeing a re-evaluated position in community warfare as dedicated Defender mechs [trebuchet's] and the like. Due to having LRM's to soften mechs up at range.

So, don't just knock it because historically in MWO a mech has been considered "Bad" when now that we have CW, these mechs can be utilized to bring something decent to the table and maybe free up tonnage where you wouldn't have had it before.

#6 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 December 2014 - 01:22 AM, said:

That's the point of the thread to find/make a purpose. Cause as is, you take what you want without risk or penalty.

If someone takes 4 locusts (you can't btw just making example), that space of 180 needs to benefit the team. It should go to turrets or maybe up other team member tonnage caps, 180 tons of extra ammo to rearm with.......it should do SOMETHING.

In the MechWarrior universe, there is stock mechs for a reason, There is NO REASON for them here. I agree. And that's the point of this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users