63 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

There's really not a whole lot you can do with this Mech thanks to its hardpoints and quirks. There may actually be no point to even throwing Double Heatsinks on this thing.

What are people doing with this mech to make it work?

#2 Crimson Myst

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

ENF-5P
Enjoy

#3 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:18 AM

View PostVaskadar, on 18 February 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

There may actually be no point to even throwing Double Heatsinks on this thing.

you're 100% spot on, since it comes with doubles by default. :P

but yeah, it's a subpar mech by all accounts.

#4 DLFReporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:42 AM

It's a dakka monster. What is subpar about that? ^^

#5 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:23 AM

I went with this... very decent, does not run out of ammo unlike 6 ton xl 255 version.

ENF-5P

With fast fire and UAC5 cooldown module rarely jams and unjaming is quite fast.

#6 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

I'm doing this... ENF-5P ... it's troll as all hell, it's really awesome to play though!

#7 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,626 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 19 February 2015 - 01:47 AM, said:

I'm doing this... ENF-5P ... it's troll as all hell, it's really awesome to play though!

I'm seriously considering this as a go to variant. Only wish the 5P was an energy boat rather a dakkadakka.

#8 Ruswarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

ENF-5P
Probably I can swap ml for more uac ammo but I prefer to have an additional weapon. Or backup weapon - in the really unlikely case I lose both arms or I am still alive AND my ammo is depleted. I feel that ENF is kinda fragile.
It's nothing really special but hey, those 2 uac5 create a damn stream of shots as long as you have ammo. The greatest advantage is its "heat management" - or rather lack of. The only map i went close to 50% of my heat was terra therma, and heck, testing grounds show that you need about a minute of non-stop shooting just to get to 100% - which is highly unlikey. You simply don't need to give a damn about heat while using such 5P.
It's really nothing special, but I find it rather fun.

#9 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:16 AM

If you aren't running 4x AC2s, you are not using the full potential of this mech! I run a variant of the link above.... with a small laser and around 400 ammo with just a smaller engine, I think a 215 XL.... Note: No matter what I tend to run out of ammo and find that small laser as a little helper.

#10 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:47 AM

I'm struggling with it too. I've settled on this for now.

With only 1 energy hardpoint, it will be the red headed step-child of the 3 variants.

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 19 February 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#11 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

Can't agree, that is not trolling.
The true Trollforcer is the smaller, faster, jumpier brother of the 6MG, 2LL/LPL TrollJager.
Comes in both XL and STD versions.
Even has BAP & AMS! Unless you go full troll and want more MG ammo. :P

Edited by Wildstreak, 19 February 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#12 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

I'm going to build it out a lot like everyone else, but I have to have that energy slot filled with a ML. Just makes me twitchy to not have any backup should I run out of ammo.

One thing to keep in mind is that this mech is a SUPPORT mech. You don't want to get into brawls (even though I've done pretty well in mine), you don't want to face an enemy face-up solo. But while they're distracted shooting at someone else? Yeah, Enforcer is excelling at that.

#13 Ichen

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 16 posts
  • LocationEarth, US MidWest

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

As Dawnstealer has pointed out this variant is a SUPPORT mech. Right now Im using it like this ENF-5P it works fine as long as you dont get in the face of another mech. Can remove the JJ's for 2 more tons of ammo.

Edited by Ichen, 19 February 2015 - 07:54 AM.

#14 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

View PostIchen, on 19 February 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

As Dawnstealer has pointed out this variant is a SUPPORT mech. Right now Im using it like this ENF-5P it works fine as long as you dont get in the face of another mech. Can remove the JJ's for 2 more tons of ammo.

I fixed it: ENF-5P
There was one heat sink missing. I also switched an AC to the left side, so the right side of torso can be more used for shielding.Even like that it is still a not so good mech.

Edited by goatreich, 19 February 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#15 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:21 AM

View Postgoatreich, on 19 February 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

I fixed it: ENF-5P
There was one heat sink missing. I also switched an AC to the left side, so the right side of torso can be more used for shielding.Even like that it is still a not so good mech.

The loading of one side is a good idea, but this mech's quirks are aimed at the UAC5. If you go with regular AC5s, you're missing out on those bonuses.

Edit: and the Wolverine runs that build better, with five more tons, and the quirks to back it up.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 19 February 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#16 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:31 AM

View PostCrimson Myst, on 18 February 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

ENF-5P
Enjoy

I like it!

To put a personal touch off of that I would drop the 1/2 ton ammo and the jump jets to add FerroFibrous armour to bump that engine up to an XL295, adds about 15kph to the speed.

#17 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:56 AM

2x UA/C5's (of course)
1x Med Pulse Laser
2x jj's
Rest ammo.
XL250

Does OK, not as great as the other two(which seems like a unanimous decision) but a lot of fun honestly.

The UAC's do better then i thought with the cooldown module and the Med Pulse is a great back up because i have ran out of ammo once and both UAC's have jammed on me 3 times already. So it has paid to have that laser.

#18 jackswift

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

I play the 5P with 4 AC2's as well. XL195 from my commandos and 4 tons of ammo with a ML for backup. Since I pilot lights and mediums almost exclusively, this mech is a thing of beauty to me. Closest I have come to owning a jager yet. Sit back, be fire support and keep the enemies in cover. Alternate your fire 2 AC2's at a time and it's near continuous fire until you run out of ammo. Nobody likes getting plinked and most likely will take cover. The only downside to this build is it can make you a priority target rather quickly.

#19 ShadowStealer

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 14 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

I run a mixed build on it and tend to have more reliable matches with it.

1xUAC/5
1xLPL
3xMG's

running the stock 250XL engine, endo-steel, and double heat sinks (not that it needs it, i just run double heat sinks on everything).

You still get your dakka spam, you have a good back up weapon with the LPL, then you can eat up the crits with the 3 MG's after the damage you have inflicted.

#20 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

View Postjackswift, on 19 February 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

I play the 5P with 4 AC2's as well. XL195 from my commandos and 4 tons of ammo with a ML for backup. Since I pilot lights and mediums almost exclusively, this mech is a thing of beauty to me. Closest I have come to owning a jager yet. Sit back, be fire support and keep the enemies in cover. Alternate your fire 2 AC2's at a time and it's near continuous fire until you run out of ammo. Nobody likes getting plinked and most likely will take cover. The only downside to this build is it can make you a priority target rather quickly.

Bravo! I don't own Jagers either but this setup temps me!

Edited by Creovex, 19 February 2015 - 09:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users