• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:45 PM

LET THE GAMES BEGIN GUYS...

And finally, a special announcement….

For some time now, the selection of weapons and equipment technology in MechWarrior Online has been an ongoing discussion, both internally here at Piranha Games and in discussions throughout the community. Not since the Clan Invasion have we seen a major release of advanced technology onto the battlefields of the Inner Sphere.
The time has come for a new era of ‘Mech warfare.
This March, we will be detailing the mid-summer release of new Inner Sphere and Clan weaponry and equipment for MechWarrior Online. The timeline is advancing, and with it comes not only a new array of potential weapons and equipment technology with which to customize your existing ‘Mechs, but the potential for an array of new and remarkable ‘Mechs to pilot and customize.
Coinciding with the early March announcement of these new technologies, four new ‘Mechs will be announced and launched for pre-order to herald this new era. The Inner Sphere and Clans will both be receiving two ‘Mechs, with at least one of their two respective ‘Mechs hailing from the 3060+ era.
While these ‘Mechs and new technologies will be released simultaneously in the summer, the technologies are not reliant or restricted to the new ‘Mechs. Upon release, the MechLab will simply be expanded with new weapons, new equipment, and new opportunities for customization.
These new technologies will no doubt represent a big step forward in build diversity and gameplay, and it must be stressed that we are committed to ensuring that the introduction of these new technologies doesn’t upend or undo the work that has gone into the current state of balance.
While it remains to be seen how this timeline advancement will impact Faction Play and its current layout, we'll evaluate and discuss its potential impacts with you as we approach closer to release.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this glimpse of what’s coming for MechWarrior Online, and as usual, the items above are only a selection of things you can expect to see in 2017.
The year is shaping up to include more waves of quality-of-life improvements and refinements, along with additional features and items currently in the planning and design phase; so stay tuned MechWarriors.
A new era approaches.

Edited by CK16, 13 January 2017 - 11:13 PM.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:47 PM

Us Clanners when they announce it was only new Inner Sphere tech

Posted Image

#3 Snazzy Dragon

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

B L O O D A S P

F A F N I R

D E S T R O Y M Y W A L L E T P G I

Edited by Snazzy Dragon, 13 January 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#4 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 13 January 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Us Clanners when they announce it was only new Inner Sphere tech

Posted Image

You know that Clans also got new tech and weapons not just IS, right?

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

And so the dumpster fire that was the Jihad draws closer....

#6 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:52 PM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 13 January 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

You know that Clans also got new tech and weapons not just IS, right?

They said that both are getting new tech, but they also claimed IK was going to come out last year, so....

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 13 January 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

And so the dumpster fire that was the Jihad draws closer....

I've honestly never understood the hate for the Jihad era...yeah the story is crap, but then again the story for every BT era is crap IMO. The Celestials are ugly, but we can just avoid those easily enough.

The most of the other mechs and new guns from that era are fine.

Edited by FupDup, 13 January 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 13 January 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

They said that both are getting new tech, but they also claimed IK was going to come out last year, so....

To be fair, though, the IS should be getting more new toys. Not only are there more new toys for them, period, but they actually need it more.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 13 January 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#9 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Pgi get yur paws off my wallet!

#10 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

Blood Asp... give me my F*CKING BLOOD ASP.

I'm 99.99% sure itss one of the summer mechs

Fafnir doesn't hurt either.

Edited by Navid A1, 13 January 2017 - 07:03 PM.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,708 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Without isXL engine durability, Clans will come out ahead, so nothing will really change.

#12 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 13 January 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Without isXL engine durability, Clans will come out ahead, so nothing will really change.

You guys might get LFE sooo yea you can stop that nonsense...Plus something in the skill tree to help XL's I guess.

#13 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Great. More robits.

Maps, damnit! We need maps! And game modes! We need a damn ticket-based respawn mode with map control and multiple bases!

Not robots.

BUT

Since we're getting robots, maybe all this Inner Sphere pity-party crap will end, because 3060 equalizes the imbalances. So maybe now the nerfs to Clan tech can be removed. Sadly though, there still will be those who remain unhappy...

Did I say I'm sick of robots? Yeah. I am. The game is stale. I need a reason to want to play again, and tech with robots isn't enough. The game needs more.

#14 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

So, does FutureTech™ coming mean we can safely say goodbye to the isSL and STD engines?

Can the Dartboard make them useful? Or will they remain a terrible Opportunity Cost?

View PostMister Blastman, on 13 January 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Great. More robits.

Maps, damnit! We need maps! And game modes! We need a damn ticket-based respawn mode with map control and multiple bases!

Not robots.

BUT

Since we're getting robots, maybe all this Inner Sphere pity-party crap will end, because 3060 equalizes the imbalances. So maybe now the nerfs to Clan tech can be removed. Sadly though, there still will be those who remain unhappy...

Did I say I'm sick of robots? Yeah. I am. The game is stale. I need a reason to want to play again, and tech with robots isn't enough. The game needs more.

Not ONLY new robots!

We get a new FutureTech™ Grabdeal!

At least it'll have a Light
Maybe

#15 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 275 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

Posted Image
It's happening!!!

#16 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

View PostCK16, on 13 January 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

You guys might get LFE sooo yea you can stop that nonsense...Plus something in the skill tree to help XL's I guess.

LFE =/= cXL

LFE is 75% weight of a standard with 2 crits each ST
cXL is 50% Wight of standard with 2 crits each ST

So yes, the Clans would still have the engine advantages, the LFE doesn't change that, all it does is render the standard engine obsolete in 90% of all mechs.

#17 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

View PostCK16, on 13 January 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

That's not how that works. See Metus Regem's post.

You can go onto this website to try and build IS 'Mechs with LFE to give you a sense for what you can do. Spoilers: you aren't going to mass three UAC/10s on a 75 ton 'Mech.

#18 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,578 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

I'm guessing the LFE will have similar but less severe heat issues if you lose a torso.

#19 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,708 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

View PostCycKath, on 13 January 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'm guessing the LFE will have similar but less severe heat issues if you lose a torso.

And most IS Omni will still be a death trap. As for the new skill tree, doubtful. Remember, overall IS components are not just larger but are heavier. Take a T-bolt with energy and ballastic, isXL required unless one enjoys a max 60kph for a heavy mech. 1 Gauss/2ERLL/2-3ML.

Been playing around with builds if isXL were durable. Does not have the ability to have the damage output anywhere near the effectiveness of a Timber/Jag, Did get a headshot out of a max before the discussion kicked in, then everyone and their dog kept hitting side torsos, especially the right til it was gone and the mech was down.

Basically, regardless of my loadout and the speed the mech is moving out, the primary reason to take out a side torso would be to remove most of its weapons while hoping to give it a heat/movement penalty, regardless of engine being used.

Only a few IS mechs that, if it could, equip a Gauss and enough lasers to be halfway decent but with case being only fitting in the side torso (gauss explosion) and a fragile isXL, not even close to being feasible. And speed for most heavies, meds and lights is even more critical for IS mechs to try to bring to bear their shorter range weapons.

I am looking forward to UAC10. It wont have the reach of the GR, will be heavier than Clan version but without the ability to carry the weight of the weapon and ammo without being a glass mech (shrugs). The isERML, unless PGI ups the damage by a point will simply be a quirked ML.

Am I looking to bring IS mechs of the same weight to be on par with Clan mechs? Nope, to close that gap some. And a durable isXL will benefit the lower tiered mechs, those with mixed loadout that can not boat 8 energy weapons but need to bring a mix of everything, and those components being larger and heavier than Clan components.

Edit - In the world of a durable isXL, for the LFE I would use on mechs that are primarily energy builds, do okay w/STD due to low engine cap to max out its speed while bringing a few more heatsinks, as well as not be hit with heavier movement/heat penalty.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 January 2017 - 08:01 PM.

#20 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

3063 for Farnir, Heavy Gauss, and LFE.

Not that they are stellar, I just want them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users