Want People To Pay For Stuff And Maybe Get Player Retention ? Improve Your Regional Prices.

Store General

9 replies to this topic

#1 Mechwho

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:13 PM

I've decided to come back to MWO after taking several long iatus (probably some of you too) and after I've saw a video from NGNG interviewing Russ and co. wanting community feedback on how they could improve the game I thought it would be a good time to offer some feedback of my own.

Before posting this topic I've sent a support ticket to Piranha's Billing Staff explaining the costs involving account name change but I'm not holding much hope it will be resolved in a favorable manner to me.

Below is part of what I've sent in my mail to ilustrate my problem right now and hopefully I'll be able to find other foreigners here who enjoy Battletech/Mechwarrior as much as I do but have similar a issue:

''Currently one dollar to reais (Brazilian currency) is at R$ 5,33, calculating this value to the amount of MC I need to pay for the name change (4,500 MC) I’d have to cash out 153,72 bucks just for a name change, with that Money I could buy a semi new triple A game or a double A game (mechwarrior 5 i.e) or several indie or old titles.''

As you can see, it ain't cheap for me to invest in a game like this and the only purchase I've made with my money in the past few years, as far as I can recall, was the recently Solaris Hero pack that was within a very generous price to pay (58 reais).

To reinforce the argument, the minimum wage in my country is R$ [color=#202124]1.087,84, that is [/color]204,16 american dollars or 267,70 canadian Dollars, again, not cheap.

I think this is clear enough for everyone to understand my predictiment and hopefully something can be changed about this. Personally I'd go the Warframe route, at least adapt it in some way instead of making this grinding fests (events) that give little gratification and feel like PGI is throwing us a bone to keep us satisfied for a little longer.

Edited by Mechwho, 17 November 2020 - 06:14 PM.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,465 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

Hey, welcome back to MWO, and here's to hoping that MWO can work something out to your satisfaction!

Also newly returned as well :)

#3 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,705 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:12 AM

You should bring your concerns to https://mwomercs.com...on/page__st__40

#4 Mechwho

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:15 AM

View PostHorseman, on 18 November 2020 - 03:12 AM, said:

You should bring your concerns to https://mwomercs.com...on/page__st__40

Thanks! I wasn't aware of this one.

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:13 AM

I've always though pgi could cut prices of cosmetics and such by half permanently and it would get people to buy them. When you have limited income it's hard to justify buying some thing digital in a video game when you could use it for things like bills.

#6 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:02 AM

MWO paid for MW5, which the community had to fix.

That's how many shits are given about this game.

This renewed interest in MWO is simply to raise more funds for the MW5 revamp.

#7 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:08 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 18 November 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

MWO paid for MW5, which the community had to fix.

That's how many shits are given about this game.

This renewed interest in MWO is simply to raise more funds for the MW5 revamp.

If the revamp Mech 5 they can use a lot that work on MWO2

#8 Mechwho

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:13 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 18 November 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

I've always though pgi could cut prices of cosmetics and such by half permanently and it would get people to buy them. When you have limited income it's hard to justify buying some thing digital in a video game when you could use it for things like bills.

Thinking about it their strategy it's not that difficult to see, at least I think it's not a bad assumption on the matter:

They are focusing on the bigger markets like Germany and United States since they are likely the bigger spenders with the most concentration of fans of the franchise, the rest of us that don't have the means to spend in the game still get rewards from events and such and get to fill their rosters with piss-poor server stability. However that would only be justifiable if this was backed by PGI having an ounce of competence and delivering some content that isn't recycled maps that we barely use 50% of it if at all.

But nope, we get a very mediocre sequel of a beloved franchise that is slowly being fixed by a exceptional modding community and now they are saying they want our feedback...again.
Frankly i'm not holding my breath with them making a 180 with the game, but who knows...peraphs the eleventh time is the seventh time is the charm ?

Edited by Mechwho, 18 November 2020 - 03:14 PM.

#9 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 20 November 2020 - 01:52 PM

View PostMechwho, on 18 November 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

Thinking about it their strategy it's not that difficult to see, at least I think it's not a bad assumption on the matter:

They are focusing on the bigger markets like Germany and United States since they are likely the bigger spenders with the most concentration of fans of the franchise, the rest of us that don't have the means to spend in the game still get rewards from events and such and get to fill their rosters with piss-poor server stability. However that would only be justifiable if this was backed by PGI having an ounce of competence and delivering some content that isn't recycled maps that we barely use 50% of it if at all.

But nope, we get a very mediocre sequel of a beloved franchise that is slowly being fixed by a exceptional modding community and now they are saying they want our feedback...again.
Frankly i'm not holding my breath with them making a 180 with the game, but who knows...peraphs the eleventh time is the seventh time is the charm ?

Even if I had the money to spend pgi doesn't do any thing to make me want to spend it on the game. Sure back in 2012 I went all in and then bought a few heroes with real cash but that was years ago. As I learned as many others have over the years pgi just doesn't give a f about the game; only your money.

Frankly they are very giving in event rewards which is really nice as you can hoard it over two-three events and go mech shopping all you like. That's how I got the vast majority of my mechs. They do need to do a lot more to get and keep players playing and spending but as I've often repeated they can mine the years' past of data and do whatever they want. They've clearly shown no real interest in our feedback nor care. Just enjoy the game for as long as you can while it's still online.

#10 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 November 2020 - 12:04 AM

first off ouch that sucks OP.

personally i think their mech packs are far to expensive for what you get even here in the states. i can't see paying a cost more than a brand new AAA title for a couple of mechs and a few cosmetic extras. mech pack costs need to be cut in half at least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users