#21 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

What about the: "I like to post!" guy? :D

I know everyone (LITERALLY EVERYONE) and I can tell you that I don't know him/her.

You should really know better, I know you betterer than that.

#22 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

What about the: "I like to post!" guy? :D

He's not liking his own posts. I don't think I need to write more on this subject.

Does House Liao actually have any REAL disadvantages. I can't really think of one right now.

#23 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

If House Liao can be said to have a disadvantage it's probably that we're TOO relaxed and easy-going!

#24 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I honestly think that House Kaetetôã has the highest chance of securing a victory for Community Warfare. Our Dance Commanders are second to none and we have two really great groups who are best friends and mega chill. What more could you ask for?

#25 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostVandal, on 23 February 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I honestly think that House Kaetetôã has the highest chance of securing a victory for Community Warfare. Our Dance Commanders are second to none and we have two really great groups who are best friends and mega chill. What more could you ask for?

Totally chivers. Totally.

E: for clarity.

Edited by armchairyoda, 23 February 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#26 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostWipe Out, on 23 February 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

At the risk of having the Maskirovka kick in my door, I have to ask if the Capellan Confederation will be at a disadvantage due to its size, reputation, and aging/slightly outdated mech corps in terms of actual gameplay.

The only reason that the Confederation is so small is because it lacks the usual assortment of Mary Sue types that pretty much every other successor state has in spades.

#27 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostFireBerretta, on 23 February 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Really? I wouldn't call it respect. Not when every drop I'm in, the Goons are despised (not feared) by every other opposing team. [REDACTED]

From my admittedly limited experience there are very few people who actually despise goons. As is often the case it's a few loud individuals who demonize what they don't understand. Goons are not the monolithic group that some portray us as. You would think by the way a few people describe WoL that jumping on our voice server would immediately be met with racism and crude language. That's just not the case. Sure that stuff goes on in any community that does not take itself too seriously. But it is far from the norm inside WoL.

WoL is a pretty large organisation as far as MWO goes. Almost every day I end up playing with someone who I have never spoken with before. I can count on one hand the number of less than enjoyable experiences I have had playing with goons. These people are polite. They are pretty good at shooting robots. And they like to have fun. Things occasionally get out of hand but that is pretty rare. Nine times out of ten, you want goons on your team.

The only disadvantage of House Liao is that there are those who seek to divide instead of unite. Embrace the squawk. And the squawk shall embrace you.

#28 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Give feathered hugs, not venomous words.

#29 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostVandal, on 23 February 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

We have Magistracy for that.

#30 GreatBeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostVandal, on 23 February 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

And its this attitude thats going to propel the Liao Confederation to the top! We've got the best leadership and the best players. Our small collection of players are easily better than any group in the Davion playerbase.

#31 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

I vote myself as House Capella Mary Sue #1. That way we will begin to be on equal footing with the other houses.

#32 Topkil

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

House Liao is sometimes TOO CHILL and that can be a disadvantage. I think that our ritualistic brohugs balance out any of that negative nancy thinking though.

#33 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

There's no such thing as being too chill. Having fun and being friends is a strategy that can't fail.

Posted Image

#34 Tharkan Stuermer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostCryptozoology, on 23 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

If House Liao can be said to have a disadvantage it's probably that we're TOO relaxed and easy-going!

Yeah, all this lovely oppression just chills the life out you :D

#35 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Sometimes we are so relaxed it can indeed appear to be oppression but upon further examination any true Cappellan Citizen would just see bros hanging loose.

#36 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Please relax for the Cappellan Confederation National Anthem

#37 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostTwo Beans, on 23 February 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Please relax for the Cappellan Confederation National Anthem

#38 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

It looks like there's a lot of renewed interest in Great House Liao lately! In recognition of Great House Liao's increasing media presence and in appreciation to ALL OF YOU that make it so Great, today is now officially Everyone Gets A Serf Day in the Capellan Confederation! From the Chancellor all the way down to the lowliest agri-worker! Do with your serf as you will, they have no rights so it's ALLLLL good!

#39 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostCryptozoology, on 23 February 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

It looks like there's a lot of renewed interest in Great House Liao lately! In recognition of Great House Liao's increasing media presence and in appreciation to ALL OF YOU that make it so Great, today is now officially Everyone Gets A Serf Day in the Capellan Confederation! From the Chancellor all the way down to the lowliest agri-worker! Do with your serf as you will, they have no rights so it's ALLLLL good!

You could say that the serf is up! :D

Edited by Two Beans, 23 February 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#40 SectionZ

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

I used to be a Lone Wolf 24/7, and I felt confident in my choice (especially when running into Steiner's low income pilots without an Atlas or Awesome to their name). But last night after some encouragement from my team full of WoL Liao pilots when I had brushed off a lucky double kill combo as "I'm just pointing an assault at things", I finally took the plunge.

Now I pilot with a designer House Liao cooling vest, and I've never felt better.

Moving my new Liao flag from mech to mech is a time consuming but honorable process.

Edited by SectionZ, 23 February 2013 - 12:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users