Respectful

160 replies to this topic

#101 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Not all feedback given is disrespectful, and even disrespectful feedback is an indication that some issue exists. You've entirely ignored nuance to focus on what you feel is negative.

People are lashing out at the company, calling them liars and thieves. Paying to win just seems like the obvious to me, people who play more tend to pay more.

If people could just put suggestions on how to make money without complaining, or giving SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of an unbalanced match, then PGI can correct it.

The forums have just been a flame war for the last 48 hours about a patch that had yet to be released. People are giving none sense feedback about changes that they have no idea if they have been implemented yet.

People take these games way to serious, especially young adults. I will never understand why people are so emotional about game changes and game play.

But, whatever. I love the flame wars and I love feeding trolls and flames.
Posted Image

Edited by Badconduct, 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#102 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostBadconduct, on 05 March 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

But, whatever. I love the flame wars and I love feeding trolls and flames.

Negating everything you said previously. So uh.....okay.

I wonder if you realize that just makes you another garden variety troll.

Edited by Thirdstar, 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#103 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

I am from Rochester Hills, MI. Been bullied enough as a kid. And I don't particularly care if they do. They've got words. If they wanna start team killing me in the game that is just petty and proves that they would still play the game regardless.

View PostTarrasque, on 05 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

HAHAHAHA. I live in Auburn Hills right now, work in Roch Hills

Good ****. I'll be looking for you on the battlefield ;)

I lived in Rochester Hills for 17 years before fleeing the Chrysler debacle for sunny northern California and a job with, you know, a paycheck. If anyone wants to form a Michigan Militia Merc unit, I'd support it for old time's sake.

BTW, as you may have guessed, I'm old.

#104 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

Well said young man, well said.

#105 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostThirdstar, on 05 March 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Negating everything you said previously. So uh.....okay.

I wonder if you realize that just makes you another garden variety troll.

More or less. Who cares?

This **** is free. I ain't spending money on it, terrible investment. Thief 4 is coming out this year, and I might pick up Sim City. Not going to flush $40 on digital fake money you can use in a store that has no value. (except bitcoin.. damn, missed that gravy train).

#106 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostBadconduct, on 05 March 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

More or less. Who cares?

This **** is free. I ain't spending money on it, terrible investment. Thief 4 is coming out this year, and I might pick up Sim City. Not going to flush $40 on digital fake money you can use in a store that has no value. (except bitcoin.. damn, missed that gravy train).

You're a bit schizophrenic aren't you?

#107 Irvine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. Being the one of the younger players on the TS server (2yo college student), I've wondered how people 5-25 years older than me can act in such a manner.

#108 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't hate you disrespectful people. I pity you.

You have a point OP but this last sentence makes you nothing but a self righteous brat that wants to show off its superior morality.

#109 Manifest Destiny

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Nearly 40 myself, been into this game from the beginning and I just happy that a Mechwarrior game is being developed, helps turn this gray little world into something a little more..... interesting and explosivey. I may suck at the game (0.43 kill/death ratio, ouch!) but its the taking part thats the best bit, learning the game and getting a little better each day.

I admire your maturity, theres a lot of Muppets out there, we've all met them, the dumb a** who shoots you from behind at the start and then verbally abuses you, the guys with there nasty comments at the end of the game. Just have to learn to put these people behind you and focus on the good, the bad just don't matter, there not harshing my Mech buzz!

#110 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

View PostThirdstar, on 05 March 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

You're a bit schizophrenic aren't you?

Eh? schizophrenic? Definitely not, that would mean I'm delusional or hearing voices, which is not the case.

I could have mild Psychosis, but that's unlikely.

No ones brain is 100% perfect mind you, which has results in abnormally prescription drug abuse, specifically for depression.

Bitcoin?
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/

Nah, I'm just bored.

#111 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

View PostBadconduct, on 05 March 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Eh? schizophrenic? Definitely not, that would mean I'm delusional or hearing voices, which is not the case.

I could have mild Psychosis, but that's unlikely.

No ones brain is 100% perfect mind you, which has results in abnormally prescription drug abuse, specifically for depression.

Bitcoin?
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/

Nah, I'm just bored.

Fair enough.

#112 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

@Thirdstar and Thorqemada

I actually grew up on Mechwarrior and Battletech. It was a decent part of my childhood since I had older brothers. I've played Mechwarrior 2 up 4 and the mech commander series. I read many of the novels ad I have always been a science fiction junky.

I got pretty emotional writing it up and some of my statements in the first post were flawed as off this. I don't mean to paint a black and white picture at all.

However when I talked about groups of people it was directed at people who did this. I know not every group can be generalized but it is true that there are people out there who have devoted hours to this as a founder then ask for a refund. There are players who are ready to crucify PGI and insult them by calling them as Jacob said "Teenagers" I can't even bring up quoted proof since most of the threads from today were removed and deleted.

It ****** me off to no end the gall of some people. To start insulting PGI and calling them a "worthless greedy developing company" and paint them with something of a malicious intent. It was bad enough that people started making new forum accounts for the sole purpose of having names like "p2w" in them and parade around. I would love to hate them just as much as they seem show they hate PGI but moral high road. And generally to hate them is stupid anyways. All I can do is sit here typing away trying to convince their mind and heart about things. It was bad enough that people started making new forum accounts for the sole purpose of having names like "p2w" in them and parade around.

And Thirdstar. What I said is what seems to be a minority of people agree with. About 5 pages of agreement here but over 4 thousands posts nonsense today. Sifting through and finding the valid concerns and criticisms is difficult when you have to waft through some mob mentality posts.

#113 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

I got pretty emotional writing it up and some of my statements in the first post were flawed as off this. I don't mean to paint a black and white picture at all.

And yet you did. There wasn't an ounce of balance to be found in your post. It was entirely political and meant to appeal to a certain point of view.

And Thirdstar. What I said is what seems to be a minority of people agree with. About 5 pages of agreement here but over 4 thousands posts nonsense today. Sifting through and finding the valid concerns and criticisms is difficult when you have to waft through some mob mentality posts.

And you've done it again. Yes all posts today and yesterday were nonsense, there was NOTHING constructive or reasonable at all. Generalizations are good, vilify the opposition more.

You've learned nothing.

All you accomplished was to get one party to agree that the other party are poopy heads. Well done.

Insert SOME balance into future posts if you want to be taken seriously by more than the peanut gallery.

#114 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostThirdstar, on 05 March 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

And you've done it again. Yes all posts today and yesterday were nonsense, there was NOTHING constructive or reasonable at all. Generalizations are good, vilify the opposition more.

You've learned nothing.

All you accomplished was to get one party to agree that the other party are poopy heads. Well done.

Insert SOME balance into future posts if you want to be taken seriously by more than the peanut gallery.

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 05 March 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#115 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

This issue has come up time and time again for this forum.

I don't hate you disrespectful people. I pity you.

Edit: I edited my post to clarify certain things. This was an emotional post and nothing is perfect. -Shrugs-

Lololol. Makes a post about self righteousness and ends with this.

Mods, in good conscience, you really aught to lock this thread, well intentioned or no. It serves virtually no purpose but for Tichorius to let us all know how cool he is, and how he is lie, fine with stuff, or whatever. And I'm well aware that you went through the forums and removed "vitriolic" stuff (although, from my anecdotal experience, you gave posts supportive of PGI a lower weight, even if they were just as stupid and counterproductive). So don't let this be an exception. Thank him for his contribution to the forum and lock it up.

#116 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostNoobzorz, on 05 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Lololol. Makes a post about self righteousness and ends with this.

Mods, in good conscience, you really aught to lock this thread, well intentioned or no. It serves virtually no purpose but for Tichorius to let us all know how cool he is, and how he is lie, fine with stuff, or whatever. And I'm well aware that you went through the forums and removed "vitriolic" stuff (although, from my anecdotal experience, you gave posts supportive of PGI a lower weight, even if they were just as stupid and counterproductive). So don't let this be an exception. Thank him for his contribution to the forum and lock it up.

I don't even know where to start with this. It is so cynical. I had the intention of calling out people on their actions that I monitored so far. I made observations of how some people acted. I got angry and posted this.

Oh yeah sure I look so 'cool' on the internet. I should also just go on Reddit and get me some imaginary internet points. No I have a list of grievances about some of the forum posters and I placed this in the General Discussion forum. Atheus has been posting some good points in this thread.

Is it that hard to ask for people to calm down and re-evaluate the situation?

Yes consumable is a gateway to pay to win. That much is obvious.
Yes there is a MC advantage to buyinga t3 coolant. But you pay for the advantage of a one time use only deal.
Yes Coolant is stupid and while Garth said he didn't like it, Bryan let us know that PGI butts heads on some details too.

As it stands though. we have 2 weeks until consumable patch and people are complaining about something that isn't in the game yet like airstrikes and artillery strikes.

#117 I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostThirdstar, on 05 March 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

And yet you did. There wasn't an ounce of balance to be found in your post. It was entirely political and meant to appeal to a certain point of view.

You've learned nothing.

Thirdstar,

Champion of balanced forum debatery. Do you have positions of your own, or do you make your business tearing apart the opinions of others. If only you had a double who could articulate to you the same things you scrutinize in others.

You attacked my character, accusing me of being a troll when I was asking for help. You purport to be a voice of balance and reason. Thats a hard line to walk, as you need to be everything you strive to be, always. We all find ourselves misguided at times. No one is infallible. Be mindful how you communicate and express your ideals, and be midful of how you dissect the trollings of others, lest you find yourself looking staring in the mirror at exactly what you believe you're denouncing.

Edited by I am, 05 March 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#118 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostI am, on 05 March 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Thirdstar,

Champion of balanced forum debatery. Do you have positions of your own, or do you make your business tearing apart the opinions of others. If only you had a double who could articulate to you the same things scrutinize in others.

You attacked my character, accusing me of being a troll when I was asking for help. You purport to be a voice of balance and reason. Thats a hard line to walk, as you need to be everything you strive to be, always. We all find ourselves misguided at times. No one is infallible. Be mindful how you communicate and express your ideals, and be midful of how you dissect the trollings of others, lest you find yourself looking staring in the mirror at exactly what you believe you're denouncing.

Eh me and Thirdstar have butt heads many times before. He did have some valid points. I painted a black and white picture about the situation. My feelings were very focused on being angry at a set a people but I did not convey it in the best manner.

Of course I don't agree with much else he said but hey I can try to convince him otherwise. If he won't listen then he's got differing opinions that I don't particularly care for at that point.

#119 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostI am, on 05 March 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Thirdstar,
If only you had a double who could articulate to you the same things you scrutinize in others.

You called?

#120 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm 12 so my trolling is exempt from this thread...

I'm also from an eastern bloc country so any aimbotting perceived or otherwise is absolutely acceptable!

Yay!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users