Respectful

160 replies to this topic

#61 ThunderOverWater

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

. . . when someone gets righteous about something.

Gosh do I hate that when someone gets on some high horse a just goes on and on for paragraphs about something that he should have no say over. Man. Whew. Those are the worst.

#62 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

when are we all going to hold hands and sing kumbaya?

#63 Peg Leg Pete

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I don't hate you disrespectful people. I pity you.

Figures it is a Davion acting all fancy and respectful, like some kind of good guy or something,

Edited by Peg Leg Pete, 05 March 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#64 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Nice one OP.

I've found that my experience on the forums differs greatly from my experience in-game. In the 8v8s I do with HHoD, the atmosphere is very competitive and professional, on both sides. In 4 man groups, its like a party some nights if the chemistry is right amongst the 4 man group. In random PUGs its often like the 4 man experience, but with less chatting. However I do find sour-puss players in some games or highly childish players who even dump on me for saying "GL HF" before the drop. But here on the forums I see an endless amount of QQ'ing, trolling and hysterics. I've been in a lot of MechWarrior leagues in my years (yeah I'm really beardy) but I've never seen this much sustained grief and drama in a MechWarrior community.

Its a freaking game people. And a F2P one, which really means "pay what you want when you want for content" I'll never understand the grief people make out of such games. We can play this game for FREE! And, if you are so inclined, you can reward the makers by telling them what YOU think the game is worth. This is the ultimate in awesomeness for the consumer. Yet some people insist about bitching when a thing is free.

I had a conversation with a author friend of mine who laments the digital age of books and, especially authors giving their books away for free or nearly free. She, who's signed to a multi-book deal with a top-three publisher, believes this cheapens the product while encouraging reader and fan entitlement. I sometimes wonder if she isn't on to something when I see all the disrespectful, rude, and general whining that goes on around these forums.

Its a game, again, one that's "free." If one has so many problems with it, walk away, having paid nothing. If you did pay for it and you feel you didn't get your money's worth -- walk away, pay nothing more and be a little bit wiser. But don't sit around here complaining... if the game is such a problem, for these people, why do they torture themselves?

#65 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Your mind is faulty if you don't see it as P2W. The cash item reqires 50% less crit space, or using equal crit space functions 75% better. How is it beyond your comprehension that this is plainly P2W? What if it were a large laser that used 50% less crit space, or did 75% more damage? Would that hit home for you? Figure it out.

I did figure it out, a long time ago and came to a different conclusion, now somehow that means there's something wrong with me...really! Wow, resorting to personal attacks already...in a thread about respect...awesome dude, nice maturity level there, really lends credence to your argument.

Now back on point, I don't see it as P2W because in the grand scheme of things the "benefit" that you hate so much is nothing. It still takes skill to use properly, used wrong you could drop 10k on them and still loose, that's not P2W. P2W means that I will win every time no mater the situation, and that's not the case. But yet again you failed to disprove my whole point that if you don't like it you don't have to buy it, you don't have to play, your not nailed to your computer chair and forced to open your wallet at gun point are you? If so you have a much bigger issue then a few cheep little consumables in a collection of 1s and 0s.

#66 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

It's not rumor, lol. It's been spelled out pretty plainly by Bryan Eckman exactly what their plan is, including the pricing and everything. Check his recent posts, then get back to me.

How is any of that stuff "pay to win"? Where's the gold ammo? We get to flush our mech for a one time 35% reduction in heat for 25 MC and suddenly I can own the whole enemy team? At best it gives the 6 PPC cheese stalker one more alpha before it overheats and shuts down. I've played hundreds of games and I can count, on one hand, the number of times I've been cored by a PPC boat.

The calls of P2W are making mountains out of molehills IMO.

#67 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostJakob Knight, on 05 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Every disrespect I show the Devs, they have earned ...

Earned? Really?

View PostJakob Knight, on 05 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

It will remain to be seen if this bunch of teenagers can regain it.

And then ends with an insult.

Here is a thought for everyone:

The dividing line between Black and White is a whole lot of Grey.

Edited by Mystere, 05 March 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#68 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 March 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Earned? Really?

And then ends with an insult.

Here is a thought for everyone:

The dividing line between Black and White is a whole lot of Grey.

No, let him keep proving my point.

#69 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

It gets smaller! Michigan is still a heavy metal state. I guess Michiganders love giant hunks of metal.

yah sir, you betcha... writing this from my office in Redford right now. Lots of Michigan folks in the game. I keep seeing the location tags in the forum and wonder if I'm ever going to change mine to represent.

If you ever install C3 for voice comms (I like it fine - never really tried TS), search for Dropship Detroit. Several of us on there regularly.

#70 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostLord Banshee, on 05 March 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

And this Packers fan living in Chicago respectfully pities the Lions fans among us.
I've got your back... targeted. :D

Just for that, I'm painting my Cicada blue, white, and silver when get online tonight... gonna unload some Barry Sanders moves on y'all

#71 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Kid has a point. Badly articulated people who are upset with current changes to the game also have a point even if they express it badly as well. But yes, the devs are real human beings who are trying their best. People do forget that (myself too) when were raging about this and that. Anyways back to the pay2win pitchfork. Mine has an attached cup holder for the tea, gonna be a long night ^ ^

#72 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostKarl Split, on 05 March 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Kid has a point. Badly articulated people who are upset with current changes to the game also have a point even if they express it badly as well. But yes, the devs are real human beings who are trying their best. People do forget that (myself too) when were raging about this and that. Anyways back to the pay2win pitchfork. Mine has an attached cup holder for the tea, gonna be a long night ^ ^

Like I said, I am all for pointing out flaws. I hate the idea of coolant. However this is not pay to win. Especially when it hasn't been implemented and is fully subject to change. Yet people seem to want to burn PGI rather than see a light at the end of a tunnel.

#73 buttmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

i think the op is having his very first period lol. being a guy its understandable to see why hes so angry

and people ***** about the coolant because pgi already stated flat out they would never bring it back. so if that can change...

Edited by buttmonkey, 05 March 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#74 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'll have to disagree and say it is pay to win. The fact buying it with MC means you get a spare module slot over buying it with cbills is a big advantage.

If you could buy the modules with either mc or cbills I would be happy its the fact one uses less module slots that makes it pay2win for me.

#75 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostKarl Split, on 05 March 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

I'll have to disagree and say it is pay to win. The fact buying it with MC means you get a spare module slot over buying it with cbills is a big advantage.

If you could buy the modules with either mc or cbills I would be happy its the fact one uses less module slots that makes it pay2win for me.

A 1 time, (One uno, less then two), per game 35% reduction, (which is what, 15% more then the second tier CBill one), in heat is NOT going to win the game. MAYBE in a small percentage of games could it be the deciding factor, but remember, when you use it ONCE its gone. And the chances are that more often then not, when you do use it, it wont make any difference at all, you might still loose to a better player with out it. HARDLY Pay to win. People are making a mountain out of a mole hill to borrow from Apnu.

Edited by Hamm3r, 05 March 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#76 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Do you consider the YLW as being P2W then, given that it is the only Centurion that can mount an AC/20? (or so people claim as I don't use one myself).

How about the Pretty Baby and its xl400 engine?

#77 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

Nope, I use a muromets myself. besides the YLW is crap. Also the pretty baby slot layout is ****.

The hero mechs have no distinct advantage over the regular variants. Having one spare module slot over the cbill version is a distinct advantage.

Edited by Karl Split, 05 March 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#78 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Yeah at the cost of real money. For the T3 to even be viable it needs some sort of special factor. The way for the consumable system works it just needs limiting factors. Why would it even matter that it takes up only 1 module slot if the system only allowed for a single MC or T3 module.

Hell with all the complaints about Airstrikes and Artillery it needs a focal point. Those support modules should be focused solely on the commander.

That needing an overhaul too. Commander should a position that grants bonus gains to either c-bills or xp. Resigning causes you have a negative gain or be permanent. And other various things.

View PostKarl Split, on 05 March 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Nope, I use a muromets myself. besides the YLW is crap.

The hero mechs have no distinct advantage over the regular variants. Having one spare module slot over the cbill version is a distinct advantage.

This is going off the basis that the other slots will fit in things that make it over powered and therefor P2W which we have yet to see. It has room for it but can still be done right.

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 05 March 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#79 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Its a bit off thread I guess but yes, the commander position does need an extra something. Id disagree with an extra cbill/xp bonus tho I coudl see that just being farmed.

#80 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostKarl Split, on 05 March 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Its a bit off thread I guess but yes, the commander position does need an extra something. Id disagree with an extra cbill/xp bonus tho I coudl see that just being farmed.

-shrug-
It would actually be really cool to have that if you miss with airstrikes and artillery strikes that you lose c-bills for ineffectual use.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users