#41 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

As long as one stays within the bounds of the forum rules we have the right to provide feedback. Yes, I agree it should be civil. However, some of us are trying to make a point rather than rant, flex epeen, or pad our posting count. I think those that have nothing but positive things to say need to remember that, rather than assume every negative post is complaining.

Edited by Coolant, 05 March 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#42 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostCoolant, on 05 March 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

As long as one stays within the bounds of the forum rules we have the right to provide feedback. Yes, I agree it should be civil. However, some of us are trying to make a point rather than rant, flex epeen, or pad our posting count. I think those that have nothing but positive things to say need to remember that, rather than assume every negative post is complaining.

You are just angry at people saying you suck perchance? xD

I kid, I am all for constructive, calm, meaningful criticism and feedback. We are beta testers. We aren't however suppose to riot over things we haven't seen, heard, or tested and proceed to burn down the metaphorical house.

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 05 March 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#43 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostHamm3r, on 05 March 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

But here is the problem with your argument, PGI didn't shat on your couch, they made changes to a game that you are under no obligation to play or pay for. As wit any game, don't like it, don't pay for it, if enough people do, they will have to change it or go under. PGI is here to make money, not fluff you pillow for you.

I "purchased" this game. I own a founders package that came with a mech. I own many, many mech bays all populated with mechs. All of this equipment would not be in my possession if I had not paid for them. The value of said items, though, diminishes substantially as the game becomes more and more a P2W style game. I have no interest in dumping $2,000+ on consumables every year in order to be competitive. When I purchased resources in this game, I did not purchase them expecting them to modify the design philosophy to incorporate P2W. They shat on my couch. The end.

#44 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

I "purchased" this game. I own a founders package that came with a mech. I own many, many mech bays all populated with mechs. All of this equipment would not be in my possession if I had not paid for them. The value of said items, though, diminishes substantially as the game becomes more and more a P2W style game. I have no interest in dumping $2,000+ on consumables every year in order to be competitive. When I purchased resources in this game, I did not purchase them expecting them to modify the design philosophy to incorporate P2W. They shat on my couch. The end.

I seriously doubt that T3 Coolant is actually worth it. It is a one time use in a match. For you know you might not even actually kill a person. They could live by a scant margin. I also like having 2 separate uses rather than push a single button and find that I could have used it more wisely.

I ain't endorsing coolant, I probably won't even use it. But it ain't hard to balance it.

#45 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

You purchased resources in a game that is currently in Beta, and that you knew was subject to change. You knew the environment of the game could/would change substantially before you bought your founders package, or the mech bays or anything else. You knew MWO isn't a finished product. If that wasn't acceptable to you then you shouldn't have spent the money, that's on you, should have waited for the finished product. But again, nothing is stopping you from NOT spending any more money. Think its P2W and don't like it, then don't play, or don't pay any more money, If enough people agree with you PGI will begin to loose money, then they will change it. Simple as that bro.

#46 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Back on point:
As someone who's been here since CB Day1, I've seen all the firestorms and all the bugs. Made multiple impassioned pleas on what PGI should do, what to avoid, etc. And for the most part, it's been an enjoyable ride. I've gotten more play out of this Founders purchase than Skyrim, Guild Wars 2 and Amalur combined.

Most of what I've asked for, I've gotten...albeit from 2-60 weeks waiting time. When PGI went astray with game mechanics, we beat them about the head and shoulders and they often tweaked said mechanic. When they skirted Pay2Win, we let them know in no uncertain terms that's anathema. They usually listen and modify.

There are still warning clouds: slowdown of content, another spectre of Pay2Win. And again, it's up to us to beat them about the head and shoulders again, and we are doing that.

There's no need for caustic language, trolling or douchebaggery. If this isn't going to be the best implementation of the MW IP, then someone else will take the ball and run later. I've waited a decade, I can do it again. Until this game flames out, I'm content with playing it -- it's as close to MW, along with MW:LL that I've seen in a while. LL isn't an option anymore. If the competitives among us leave due to IGP/PGIs use of Pay2Win, then I'll still play, and my stats won't be harmed by the exodus. I enjoyed WoT in my time with it; I'll enjoy this too, but I'll make purchase decisions upon what PGI promised and what they kept.

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Packer, Bears, Viking & Lions fans living in harmony through the loving intervention of MW:O

(sigh)... Isn't life grand? ;)

GO PACK GO! ...er... um COOLANT SUX! :ph34r:

Huh? No one said anything about coexisting in harmony with Vikings fans. Ixnay on that. Otherwise +1 :)

Edited by Lord Banshee, 05 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#47 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostHamm3r, on 05 March 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

You purchased resources in a game that is currently in Beta, and that you knew was subject to change. You knew the environment of the game could/would change substantially before you bought your founders package, or the mech bays or anything else. You knew MWO isn't a finished product. If that wasn't acceptable to you then you shouldn't have spent the money, that's on you, should have waited for the finished product. But again, nothing is stopping you from NOT spending any more money. Think its P2W and don't like it, then don't play, or don't pay any more money, If enough people agree with you PGI will begin to loose money, then they will change it. Simple as that bro.

Perhaps you are not aware, but it was stated explicitly early on that this game would not include any P2W elements "like gold ammo". For many, this is a major consideration when choosing to get involved in a game. By reneging on this declaration, you can safely say certain players were scammed. Had they announced from the start that P2W was on the table, that would be another matter, but they went out of their way to say the exact opposite.

#48 Funkmachine

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Right on brother

#49 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Perhaps you are not aware, but it was stated explicitly early on that this game would not include any P2W elements "like gold ammo". For many, this is a major consideration when choosing to get involved in a game. By reneging on this declaration, you can safely say certain players were scammed. Had they announced from the start that P2W was on the table, that would be another matter, but they went out of their way to say the exact opposite.

Your basing your anger at a community assumption that consumables will make the game P2W. The never said that they are going to make it P2W, not once. But even if they did, my point is still valid, don't like it, don't play or pay any more for it. Nobody is holding your wallet hostage.

#50 Kotsuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

<3 OP

#51 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostHamm3r, on 05 March 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Your basing your anger at a community assumption that consumables will make the game P2W. The never said that they are going to make it P2W, not once. But even if they did, my point is still valid, don't like it, don't play or pay any more for it. Nobody is holding your wallet hostage.

Of course they aren't going to plainly come out and say "Hey we're switching to P2W". That's like coming out and saying "Hey I'm going full ratard (correct spelling censored)" You just don't do that. However, it is what it is. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that the MC-only module is much better than the C-Bill alternatives.

Edited by Atheus, 05 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#52 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Of course they aren't going to plainly come out and say "Hey we're switching to P2W". That's like coming out and saying "Hey I'm going full ratard (correct spelling censored)" You just don't do that. However, it is what it is. You don't need to be a genius to figure out that the MC-only module is much better than the C-Bill alternatives.

Again, its a community assumption. Your basing your anger at rumor and innuendo, not fact, a few people interpreted an announcement post, made an assumption and said so then you jumped on the bandwagon. But again my point still remains valid, even if they had said it, which they plainly did not, as you admitted, you are the one that controls your wallet, not PGI, don't want it, don't buy it, nobody is forcing you to play.

Edited by Hamm3r, 05 March 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#53 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

It's sad when we have to be glad to have a mature constructive thread

#54 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostHamm3r, on 05 March 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Again, its a community assumption. Your basing your anger at rumor and innuendo, not fact, a few people interpreted an announcement post, made an assumption and said so then you jumped on the bandwagon. But again my point still remains valid, even if they had said it, which they plainly did not, as you admitted, you are the one that controls your wallet, not PGI, don't want it, don't buy it, nobody is forcing you to play.

It's not rumor, lol. It's been spelled out pretty plainly by Bryan Eckman exactly what their plan is, including the pricing and everything. Check his recent posts, then get back to me.

Edited by Atheus, 05 March 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#55 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

This is true, and it's up to us to catch PGI/IGP when they slide a trial balloon past us.
Some thought the founder's mech would be pay to win. Then there was the Awesome 9M. And don't forget the first Hero mech YLW. We made sure to let them know that a Hero mech shouldn't give obvious advantages, same with founders.
Hell, some thought EXP/cbill boosts were pay2win.

All I can say is, we've policed the depot well enough already, but we must keep ever-vigilant. View every prerelease notice and track down the pay2win elements and scream about them for as long as it takes. We've done that on this instance, and now we get to see if our voices find action on their part.

Edited by Lord Banshee, 05 March 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#56 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I simply don't agree that its P2W, and obviously I'm not going to convince you to keep an open mind. I am absolutely fine with the additions. Anyways, opnions are like @$$ holes and all that! Duse's I'm off to game!

#57 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Every disrespect I show the Devs, they have earned. In the beginning, MWO showed the promise of a realistic simulator designed to truely bring Battletech into a full-featured battlefield first-person simulator. The Devs seemed very dedicated to this, and to remaining true to the original material and tone in ways the previous titles had only moderately achieved.

Then came the ECM debacle. The Third Person option. Devs were turning a deaf ear to player questions, instead choosing to answer what brand of beer they drank. Content ground to a crawl while bling and eye/ear candy was inserted to 'wow' the players.

Then we get a description of a new battlemech with the mature line of "With superb piloting skills this thing is going to pwn.".

Sorry, but the Devs had my respect. They lost it by their own conduct. It will remain to be seen if this bunch of teenagers can regain it.

#58 Smudge504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 101 posts
  • LocationNewcaslte Upon Tyne

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

you know you can put google maps back on your iphone... just saying lol

#59 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostHamm3r, on 05 March 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I simply don't agree that its P2W, and obviously I'm not going to convince you to keep an open mind. I am absolutely fine with the additions. Anyways, opnions are like @$$ holes and all that! Duse's I'm off to game!

Your mind is faulty if you don't see it as P2W. The cash item reqires 50% less crit space, or using equal crit space functions 75% better. How is it beyond your comprehension that this is plainly P2W? What if it were a large laser that used 50% less crit space, or did 75% more damage? Would that hit home for you? Figure it out.

Edited by Atheus, 05 March 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#60 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

OP, that was well said. And at 19 you bring shame to some of your elders who say you should respect them and hope to the younger generation who have lost the respect from the elders.

You are becoming a wise young man.

And I at the age of 40 would be honored to be your Wing Man anytime.

Edited by BLUPRNT, 05 March 2013 - 01:26 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users