Respectful

160 replies to this topic

#81 Helbourne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

White Lake, MI checking in. :D :)

Yes people should be a lot more respectful on these forums. I honestly think most people are respectful, just there are a number of people that are just complete disrespectful idiots.

As fas as the consumable modules, the devs just need to becareful on how they implement them. I would rather see coolant flushes be the coolant pods like in the table top (1 ton 1 crit can get destroyed). I am sure things are only going to get better with time.

Edited by Helbourne, 05 March 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#82 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostHelbourne, on 05 March 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

White Lake, MI checking in. :D :)

It continues to shrink. I am now convinced everyone here is from Michigan.

#83 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Nope im from UK ;)

Speaking of which its late here o/

#84 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Bite you tongue... "Yooper" ;)

(Kay... not really don't know what they call you mid-state folk.)

Edited by DaZur, 05 March 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#85 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

Bite you tongue... "Yooper" ;)

(Kay... not really don't know what they call you mid-state folk.)

Michiganders, Wisconsinites, Ohians, Iowegians, Hoosiers, Illinoisian

#86 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostKarl Split, on 05 March 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Nope, I use a muromets myself. besides the YLW is crap. Also the pretty baby slot layout is ****.

The hero mechs have no distinct advantage over the regular variants. Having one spare module slot over the cbill version is a distinct advantage.

And here lies the crux of the whole matter: whether something has a distinct advantage, is P2W, or is crap (as you so succinctly put it) is an opinion. Just as some people say that the proposed coolant scheme is not P2W and that the YLW is not crap.

Where is the dividing line between "distinct advantage", "P2W", and "crap" vs. their direct opposites?

Once again:

Black <----- Grey -----> White

And we have digressed from the OP already ...

Edited by Mystere, 05 March 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#87 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 March 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

And then ends with an insult.

I wasn't aware being truthful was an insult. Or perhaps, it's just that you consider "With superb piloting skills this thing is going to pwn." the statement of a mature adult? Or the ignorance of questions in favor of telling everyone what their favorite foods are?

Saying the Devs are teenagers is not an insult unless they don't want to be teenagers. And right now, that isn't the message they are sending with their words and actions. Therefore, it cannot be an insult.

#88 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

just got back from school expecting more rage threads, then I see this. A breath of true fresh air for this game's discussion board honestly (even if this post doesn't reach everyone's mind). well written, OP, well written.

Also, am I the only person from San Diego CA here?

#89 The Silent Protagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 647 posts
  • LocationUK, Buckinghamshire

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

This thread cheered me up after the state of things on the forum recently. Thanks similar-age-to-me OP, I am glad I'm not the only young-un here with some class. But, I do have a titanic ego, takes an iceberg to sink it!

#90 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

The ones who I feel pity for are who demand undeserved respect

#91 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Damn.. I wanted to troll this OP..

but..

but..

:) ;)

#92 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

You're really right, dude. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I don't think I've been too bad about it, as far as my posts go, but I have definitely been adopting a negative attitude, which would have likely led to such outbursts.

Thanks for helping me take a step back and clearing my head.

(Superior MC-only Coolant Flushes still don't sound fun!) :D

#93 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 05 March 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

Damn.. I wanted to troll this OP..

but..

but..

:lol: :D

You mean I got here first?

#94 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostHamm3r, on 05 March 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

...P2W means that I will win every time no mater the situation, and that's not the case...

I see, so in your mind, "Pay to Win" means literally winning automatically after you pay. That certainly illuminates a lot of things - mainly that you're either a troll, or just not worth discussing this with.

View PostApnu, on 05 March 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

How is any of that stuff "pay to win"? Where's the gold ammo? We get to flush our mech for a one time 35% reduction in heat for 25 MC and suddenly I can own the whole enemy team? At best it gives the 6 PPC cheese stalker one more alpha before it overheats and shuts down. I've played hundreds of games and I can count, on one hand, the number of times I've been cored by a PPC boat.

The calls of P2W are making mountains out of molehills IMO.

My bad. I'm sorry I thought Pay to Win meant that you could buy something with real-world cash that is otherwise unavailable which would give you a measurable competitive advantage, not literally automatically winning after you pay, but Hamm3r has cleared this all up. Big misunderstanding! It's totally fine like this. I look forward to MC only clan tech that isn't "P2W" btw. Seems reasonable after reading these reasonable posts.

Edited by Atheus, 05 March 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#95 1BigFool

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Ha! Living in South Korea.

I honestly have no idea if this is P2W yet or not. I think I'll go play the game and find out. :D

#96 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I see, so in your mind, "Pay to Win" means literally winning automatically after you pay. That certainly illuminates a lot of things - mainly that you're either a troll, or just not worth discussing this with.

My bad. I'm sorry I thought Pay to Win meant that you could buy something with real-world cash that is otherwise unavailable which would give you a measurable competitive advantage, not literally automatically winning after you pay, but Hamm3r has cleared this all up. Big misunderstanding! It's totally fine like this. I look forward to MC only clan tech that isn't "P2W" btw. Seems reasonable after reading these reasonable posts.

I've seen this over and over and over on these forums. I'm forced to conclude that many MWO players really have no actual experience with other F2P and/or don't know what P2W actually means. I'm sure if they did, they would never make these silly arguments.

To repeat, P2W does not equate to an I WIN button. It means being able to purchase with real money an advantage (however slight) over whatever can be purchased without the use of real money.

How are you guys misunderstanding this.

Anyway, the OP is seemingly reasonable throughout his post but his entire premise is flawed.

Not all feedback given is disrespectful, and even disrespectful feedback is an indication that some issue exists. You've entirely ignored nuance to focus on what you feel is negative.

Founders have indeed bought a game, just like any other Founder program in any other F2P game. To deny this is to deny consumer rights, i'll chalk that error up to your age.

Your paragraph about Free Players is 90% a caricature of what you THINK they do or how they act, with nothing but negative examples.

Even MC bought gives us certain rights as consumers including the right to complain and make our concerns heard.

"There are good people out there enjoying the game as it is. Then we have folks that deem it fit to instead state that PGI is something lesser."

Look at this utter silliness you've written down. Don't you feel ashamed at making such blatantly Black And White statements? There's no nuance at all in your post, no space for concerns and respect when you yourself make such divisive declarations.

Don't be complacent with all the support in this thread, you just told people what they desperately wanted to hear and they loved you for it. You'll make a great politician some day.

#97 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

I am all for constructive, calm, meaningful criticism and feedback. We are beta testers. We aren't however suppose to riot over things we haven't seen, heard, or tested and proceed to burn down the metaphorical house.

I must admit, you're good. But you're not THAT good.

Still, they're probably not paying you enough...

#98 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostVahnn, on 05 March 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

(Superior MC-only Coolant Flushes still don't sound fun!) ;)

Just because they are not fun doesn't mean they are P2W. ;) ;)

#99 Vahnn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 357 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostMystere, on 05 March 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Just because they are not fun doesn't mean they are P2W. ;) ;)

Didn't say it's P2W, but it IS MC-only, which means it's not available to other players. CB flushes requires 2 purchases, which (unless I'm missing something) means you are using up 2 module slots to achieve the same 35% flush as an MC flush, which will only require 1 module slot. Some players think modules are a waste of time and money, but I don't, and I don't think that trade-off is necessarily fair.

I honestly would not give a crap about paying 12,500 CB for a coolant flush every round (I believe I average over 100k CB per match), but the fact that my CB flushes will take up 2 slots vs MC flush's single slot is disconcerting.

#100 Monterce

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

This is exactly how I feel. I've been looking at this forum for years and always avoided getting into any discussion because of the lack of respect. Most of the time, when there's a new patch, you'll see tons of new posts about how PGI didn't do a good job, but almost none saying thank you for making a free to play game and still releasing patches after some years. I think most people fail to realize that without PGI you'd still be stuck playing Mechwarrior 4 (which is still a good game but most of us have played for hundreds of hours). So thank you OP for this post and thank you PGI for this great game that give me the occasion to satisfy my craving for robots combat.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users