160 replies to this topic

#21 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

A thing we all should strife to achieve but ultimatly will fail at. Some do not even try, whyever.
Nonetheless I will voice concerns as well as offer praise.
You should do the same.
Respectfully of course.

Davion dawg!

~S~
Daniel
P.S.. Downloading one of my maybe second last patch for this game, sigh. Feeling kinda sad.

#22 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Name-calling and cussing at people is of course wrong. But from what I've read in the now locked threads where a lot of people are upset with the direction PGI is moving towards, most of the things said are actually valid. Calling someone a liar is not cussing if in fact the person has promised something but suddenly done a 180 and does the exact opposite. Somtimes you get crap for doing crappy things, that also makes sense.

#23 Darknight99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

*raises his mug in support*

I like most of the people on these forums have a desire to see this game do well. So I just hope that they are some of the well spoken complaints to heart. In society it is known that people who dont scream yell and shout get treated different. I know this because I work retail and the customer who is always understanding gets screwed. The person who yells crys and complains to corporate gets taken care of because the company doesnt want to deal with that negativity. We dont need to be like these people. GIve them constructive opinions with facts.

Pgi your fans of battletech and mechwarrior are as passionate as I have ever seen. Show them what you can do. Show them that you are listening. Give us more info on whats to come instead of keeping is in the dark.

#24 Zeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I support this message. Though I reserve the right to take umbrage when someone says something plainly daft.

#25 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 05 March 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Name-calling and cussing at people is of course wrong. But from what I've read in the now locked threads where a lot of people are upset with the direction PGI is moving towards, most of the things said are actually valid. Calling someone a liar is not cussing if in fact the person has promised something but suddenly done a 180 and does the exact opposite. Somtimes you get crap for doing crappy things, that also makes sense.

And that's fine, but my point is, to use an example. If probably 99% these people were at a car dealership and felt lied to by the salesmen, they would either accept it or calmly walk out and go someplace else, they wouldn't throw a ranting and raving hissy fit calling them every name in the book if they were looking the person in the face. But throw the wall of the internet up and it changes their approach to the issue.

Edited by Hamm3r, 05 March 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#26 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

I find it quite instructive that of the entire group of my friends who play and enjoy MWO (all of them do enjoy the game) I am the only one who has even registered on the forum. One or two occasionally read the forum but refuse to join or at least post, citing the general tide of invective that accompanies pretty much every decision that PGI make about anything.

*shrug* I play and enjoy MWO. It is true to say that since the game went open beta what I might describe as the signal-to-noise ratio of the forum has dropped sharply, as has the level of general courtesy playersshow each other in-game.

I suspect that a small but vocal minority ought to play more and complain less.

#27 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostTichorius Davion, on 05 March 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

It gets smaller! Michigan is still a heavy metal state. I guess Michiganders love giant hunks of metal.

we've met haven't we? I was a heavy metal(pro) Playtester. Unless you mean HM Music :)

#28 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Every time I read a rage-post, I hear it in the Simpson's Comic Book Store Guy voice. It makes it a little less annoying.

Agree 100%--I'm 28, and a teacher, and my seventh-graders are more reasonable in their complaints.

#29 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 05 March 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm not too far away from you guys. I'm over in Wisconsin right on the Mississippi. Get a decent football team would ya?

Sadly, I'm not even FROM Michigan (live here, pops used to) but I got suckered into becoming a Lions fan anyways.... Indoctrination at an early age is brutal :)

#30 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostTarrasque, on 05 March 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Sadly, I'm not even FROM Michigan (live here, pops used to) but I got suckered into becoming a Lions fan anyways.... Indoctrination at an early age is brutal :)

I'm a car guy so I won't bag on Detroit much. ;)

#31 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 05 March 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm not too far away from you guys. I'm over in Wisconsin right on the Mississippi. Get a decent football team would ya?

And this Packers fan living in Chicago respectfully pities the Lions fans among us.
I've got your back... targeted. :)

#32 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

Well this is right and i appreciate your effort but it doesnt justify p2w in any way.

#33 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostLord Banshee, on 05 March 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

And this Packers fan living in Chicago respectfully pities the Lions fans among us.
I've got your back... targeted. :)

What is this world coming to? Lions fans are almost as bad as Vikings or Patriot fans.

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 05 March 2013 - 11:52 AM.

#34 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Let's put it this way. When someone takes a dump on your couch, the correct response is not to have a polite discussion of where the proper place to defecate is. You don't need to explain the advantages of pooping in a toilet as opposed to other furniture options. The person who shat on your couch is fully aware that you will be extremely displeased. This is not the time for reasoned argument.

The correct response, is to beat the tar out of said fecal offender, then smear their face in their own excrement. Then, if they have any intention of maintaining a relationship, they will buy you a new couch, so you don't have to think about the misplaced **** every time you sit on your couch.

So what I'm trying to say is PGI owes me a couch. Buy me a couch, then we can talk about continuing our relationship.

#35 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostHamm3r, on 05 March 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

And that's fine, but my point is, to use an example. If probably 99% these people were at a car dealership and felt lied to by the salesmen, they would either accept it or calmly walk out and go someplace else, they wouldn't throw a ranting and raving hissy fit calling them every name in the book if they were looking the person in the face. But throw the wall of the internet up and it changes their approach to the issue.

The anonymity of being on the 'net will always make people more prone to expressing their opinions more vehemently. It's just human nature, it's the same thing if you'd send an anonymous e-mail, letter or call in to a radio station etc. But I saw mostly a lot of upset people strongly expressing their opinion of what they perceived as being lied to by some of the devs. I did not see a lot of excessive name-calling or whatever so I can't say there was a lot of disrespectful behavior.

#36 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

B

View PostAtheus, on 05 March 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Let's put it this way. When someone takes a dump on your couch, the correct response is not to have a polite discussion of where the proper place to defecate is. You don't need to explain the advantages of pooping in a toilet as opposed to other furniture options. The person who shat on your couch is fully aware that you will be extremely displeased. This is not the time for reasoned argument.

The correct response, is to beat the tar out of said fecal offender, then smear their face in their own excrement. Then, if they have any intention of maintaining a relationship, they will buy you a new couch, so you don't have to think about the misplaced **** every time you sit on your couch.

So what I'm trying to say is PGI owes me a couch. Buy me a couch, then we can talk about continuing our relationship.

But here is the problem with your argument, PGI didn't shat on your couch, they made changes to a game that you are under no obligation to play or pay for. As wit any game, don't like it, don't pay for it, if enough people do, they will have to change it or go under. PGI is here to make money, not fluff you pillow for you.

#37 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Packer, Bears, Viking & Lions fans living in harmony through the loving intervention of MW:O

(sigh)... Isn't life grand? :)

GO PACK GO! ...er... um COOLANT SUX! ;)

#38 Lamare

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

OP,I will just say thank you for this post.

Have one of my cookies.

ps: sorry for my english.

#39 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Changes were made to a game that has the words 'Game Subject to Change' attached.

Garth said this but he is one guy on a team. They already had considered it but it didn't go through. Garth then put his opinion on the matter. Where as Bryan didn't state he agreed with Bryan but let us know that even in PGI things can be contested.

Tinfoil hat? No enough of the people on the team wanted coolant in and made it happen and coded it. I wish it worked differently like giving you an increase in percentage of dissipation or as actual item to be put into a mech but Let's feedback that when it actually comes out.

Also, Guilty I root for the Lions but the pride in it is bitter sweet. And by heavy metal I mean what the state is known for. But I do enjoy a bit of heavy metal music sometimes :) Furthermore, I can't imagine any situation where I would smear the offending bodily wastes on a person, nasty, just make em clean it up then come back with a new couch.

View PostLamare, on 05 March 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

OP,I will just say thank you for this post.

Have one of my cookies.

ps: sorry for my english.

COOKIES! Delicious.

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 05 March 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#40 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Could've saved time, space, headache by just saying:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users